GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

GX470 H11 Xenondepot kit installed DIY guide

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-14, 07:25 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

lol - wow! Almost 6 years ago!!! The H11 Xtreme HID kit has changed quite a bit since you purchase it (different ballasts, wiring, etc.)... Thanks for taking the time to post up some feedback, and I'm glad to hear/see that you're enjoying the light output - finally

Steve
Old 09-24-14, 02:56 PM
snaprp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Taco_Kid
i suspect the fit isnt right. my kit works just fine, no bumpy lights, etc.
but not sure how you want us to help if you put back the halogens. maybe ask XD for a replacement bulb set to see if thats the issue.
Well my halogens are working perfect too, so will see when I receive the new bulbs.
Old 09-28-14, 04:40 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

I did my install today. With all of the DIY info and a phone call to steve prior to me starting . It all went really easy and the end result is FANTABOULOUS . Really worth evry penny. Steve Thanks again
Old 09-29-14, 07:59 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mrblister
I did my install today. With all of the DIY info and a phone call to steve prior to me starting . It all went really easy and the end result is FANTABOULOUS . Really worth evry penny. Steve Thanks again
Enjoy my friend! It was nice speaking with you. Thank you for taking the time to post up some feedback.

Steve
Old 09-29-14, 05:09 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

As I stated I did my install and was very happy with results. I have one question perhaps some one has the answer. On a 2004 gx470 does anyone know if there are dust covers over the back of the headlight
bulbs. When I removed the plastic shrouds to gain access to the bulbs there was no dust cover present
all I did was twist out the old bulbs and twist in the new hid. I never got to use the grommet since there
was no where for it to go.
Old 09-30-14, 10:13 PM
TyneeGX
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Xenon Depot new kit

just ordered my kit a couple minutes ago after listening to the wife complain about the halogens for the fourth time. Hoping I don't have to swap the kit out when it goes in for PA safety checks. Stupid government...
Should be here in 2 days, right?
Old 10-01-14, 05:37 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TyneeGX
just ordered my kit a couple minutes ago after listening to the wife complain about the halogens for the fourth time. Hoping I don't have to swap the kit out when it goes in for PA safety checks. Stupid government...
Should be here in 2 days, right?
What are the PA safety checks. Your listed in Florida I live in PA I don't know of any issue with HID aftermarket kits that prevent passing state inspections.
Old 10-01-14, 07:39 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Yup - We're still shipping XenonDepot HID kits with 2nd day air delivery.

Steve
Old 10-01-14, 08:34 AM
TyneeGX
Rookie

What are the PA safety checks. Your listed in Florida I live in PA I don't know of any issue with HID aftermarket kits that prevent passing state inspections.
Yeah, just moved to Pittsburgh. I meant the state inspections. Florida lets you drive anything. Just worried I'll have to swap the HID's out for the inspection since it's safety gear that's not OEM. Good to know you haven't heard of an issue. Hopefully I can make it look as stock as possible.
Old 10-01-14, 08:36 AM
TyneeGX
Rookie

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
Yup - We're still shipping XenonDepot HID kits with 2nd day air delivery.

Steve
Great, thanks Steve.
Old 10-01-14, 09:38 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

I don't think you will have an issue as they generally just test to see if your low beams and high beam works. I guess... where you *may* run into a problem is if the guy testing the vehicle knows that the GX did not come with factory HID lights (and even notices that they are HID).

Steve
Old 10-07-14, 08:04 AM
TyneeGX
Rookie

Kit arrived well packaged, just had to pick it up from FedEx because they wouldn't drop it without a signature. Install was pretty straightforward. Couple of zip ties and Velcro strips later, and everything fired up and worked flawlessly. The components seem well weather sealed, and the light output is easily triple that of the halogens.

I also replaced my freznel projector lenses in my Phaeton with a set of quad HID lamps from Poland that had clear lenses (but I had to swap the beam cutouts for left hand drive).
While those units throw light a little farther, you can't beat the results of this plug and play kit for the price and lack of hassle. Excellent results with minimal investment of time and money. I would definitely recommend this upgrade if you haven't done it yet.
Thanks Steve.
Old 10-07-14, 08:38 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Hi,
I would love to see how this looks. Any chance you could post up some pictures?

Steve
Old 10-07-14, 08:46 AM
TyneeGX
Rookie

No problem, just have to wait a few days, wife drove it to Canada for work. I'll try to get something up by this weekend.
Old 10-07-14, 09:22 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Awesome - Greatly appreciated!

Quick Reply: GX470 H11 Xenondepot kit installed DIY guide