GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

GX470 H11 Xenondepot kit installed DIY guide

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-05, 07:33 AM
DavidsGX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel safer with the 6000k than than 4300K on the road due to the higher luminance.
Seeing the surface clearly on the road is the most important thing in driving!!
So Tony, you got the Sylvania installed?
Old 02-18-05, 09:07 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Friendly bump as per request =)
Old 05-31-05, 07:18 AM
Joel888
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I got my GX yesterday !!! Will install HID kit when it arrives

I took delivery of my Silver Pine/ Ivory Sport GX yesterday. All in all the buying experience was very pleasant. I think I got a good deal. I got it for $49K (which MSRP $56,148).

I just place an order with Xenondepot for the HID kit, hopefully with Tony's great write up, I can install it myself (trust me, I am no handy man)...
Old 05-31-05, 09:35 AM
Tony
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Joel before you start

Joel before you start lay the wires out and the relay out so you can see which side is longer. Then go into the engine compartment with the battery out and look for the grounding wires on the side fire walls where black and white wires ground to the frame of the truck. There should be a group of grounding wires per side you cant miss them. Then start looking for factory holes and shelves where you can place your components. You should finish in 45 minutes. Easy install.
Old 05-31-05, 09:37 AM
Tony
Lead Lap

Default Dave

I installed those Sylvania bulbs but they are to yellow almost like 4000k color. They dont look white at all. Dont buy the Silverstars for white light color.
Old 05-31-05, 10:13 AM
Joel888
Driver

Default Tony thanks for the heads up

Originally Posted by Tony
Joel before you start lay the wires out and the relay out so you can see which side is longer. Then go into the engine compartment with the battery out and look for the grounding wires on the side fire walls where black and white wires ground to the frame of the truck. There should be a group of grounding wires per side you cant miss them. Then start looking for factory holes and shelves where you can place your components. You should finish in 45 minutes. Easy install.
Tony, great advise...what kind of tools should I be using to do this install?
Old 05-31-05, 10:35 AM
Tony
Lead Lap

Default tools for install

As far as I can remember

screw driver, 10mm socket wrench and some wire cutters to cut the zip ties, electrical tape and thats it. The kit comes with all the fastners. Its completely plug and play so no electrical work is needed.
Old 06-01-05, 02:41 PM
Joel888
Driver

Default Tony, thanks for your advise.

I am still waiting for the shipping confirmation from Xenon depot...I've placed order 3 days ago...
Old 06-01-05, 02:58 PM
Tony
Lead Lap

Default Joel if you e-mail Steve or Private message him

Joel PM Steve or Email him he has awesome customer service and will get back with you fast. Everyone here has always had good customer service from him and he ships fast.
Old 06-01-05, 07:29 PM
Joel888
Driver

Joel PM Steve or Email him he has awesome customer service and will get back with you fast. Everyone here has always had good customer service from him and he ships fast.
Tony, please tell me how to PM Steve. I wrote an email to sales@xenondepot.com this morning about my shipment status, but have not heard back from them yet.
Old 06-06-05, 03:04 PM
Tony
Lead Lap

Default Joel just email him he does not check his PM

Joel go to the xenondepot website there is an e-mail link. Steve always answers his e-mail unless he is out of town but you will definitely get your kit if it is in stock and not back ordered. I had to wait for 3 weeks due to the fact he sold out of the kits. The Xenondepot kits Steve is selling are also being used by the guys at acuramdx forums because they have the same bulbs we do so they sell out quick.
Old 06-06-05, 06:50 PM
Joel888
Driver

Smile

Joel go to the xenondepot website there is an e-mail link. Steve always answers his e-mail unless he is out of town but you will definitely get your kit if it is in stock and not back ordered. I had to wait for 3 weeks due to the fact he sold out of the kits. The Xenondepot kits Steve is selling are also being used by the guys at acuramdx forums because they have the same bulbs we do so they sell out quick.
Tony, Steve emailed me back and informed me that H11 kit is back ordered. But should be back in stock this week. Hopefully I will receive my kit soon.

Tony, just want to let you know that you've convinced me from your DIY installation and your knowledge about these kits and HID lighting that prompt me to purchase the kit from Xenondepot. I checked "other" kits which are cheaper in price, but do not use Philips bulbs and most importantly do not have the plug and play connectors.

I am just hopeful that I can manage to install it myself, with the help of your DIY guide. Thanks.
Old 06-07-05, 12:22 AM
Tony
Lead Lap

Default The xenondepot kit

Joel the entire kit from Xenondepot is comprised of Philips bulbs and ballasts. The installation is really easy because its plug and play. The hardest part is finding mounting holes and runninng the wires through the factory cutouts of the engine compartment. Should take you maybe 45 minutes.
Old 06-15-05, 07:40 PM
Joel888
Driver

Question Tony, question.

After connecting the power to both ballasts from the relay. Go back to the driver side and connect the H11 cable from the the relay to the OEM H11 harness. This is where Xenondepot kit rules. This kit is strictly plug and play most kit will have you splicing wires or tapping into the harness to connect.

The factory harness is wrapped in green and the Xenondepot H11 adapter is gray.
Tony, I just received my Xenondepot HID kit today from DHL. I am planning to do the install (hopefully) tomorrow. Going thru your DIY guide right now...a question: Where can I find the OEM H11 harness? Is it the connector once I unplug the OEM halogen bulb?

Also from the installation sheet comes with the package, under bulb installation steps 3) Drill a 23 mm hold in the center of the OEM headlight rubber grommet...Is this step necessary as I do not see you mention it in your DIY guide?

Please let me know. Thanks!
Old 06-15-05, 08:04 PM
Joel888
Driver

Question Window Calibration

I forgot to tell you guys that after you reconnect your battery the windows need to be calibrated. The way you do this is watch for a blinking window button on each door. You have to do the exact sequence of each door as it blinks or you cannot use your windows. Here are the steps.

first the driver window button will blink. lower the window half way down then raise the window up to max and hold the button for 5 seconds. Then the front passenger window button will light up and you do the same thing for each door as it lights up. It goes driver, front passenger, rear passenger side then rear driver side then do your sunroof by hitting the tilt button hold for 5 seconds and that calibrates all the windows. Took me 20 minutes to figure this out because the instructions are vague in the owners manual.
Tony, how do you know when the calibration process begins? Is it when you reconnect the battery, the window buttons will start to blink thereby telling us that we can start calibration?

Quick Reply: GX470 H11 Xenondepot kit installed DIY guide