GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

I think I just got the GS300 totalled. See what you think.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-15, 02:11 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by pman6
yeah totalled. The GS frame is flimsy, so it's probably bent in a hundred different places.

Also, the GS300 is worthless right now. Few thousand dollars at best.

This is what I hate about depreciation. You have a perfectly functional car that could last another 10 years.
Now all you get is a $8000 check from the insurance company, and you have to spend some big bucks for a new car.
Now where did you get the idea that the GS frame is flimsy? I've found quite a few cases on here and in real life where owners have gone through some pretty rough times in their accidents with their GS, and from what I've seen with my own two eyes, this car is FAR from flimsy.
Old 05-22-15, 04:34 AM
LexusLive
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
Now where did you get the idea that the GS frame is flimsy? I've found quite a few cases on here and in real life where owners have gone through some pretty rough times in their accidents with their GS, and from what I've seen with my own two eyes, this car is FAR from flimsy.
I was gonna say, for all its faults, I never imagined that the GS suffered from a flimsy frame. Man, I just love coming to Forum Land, where all the opinions are facts, black is white, and all the GS 460s get 34 MPG city.

I do love to ***** about stuff though, and if I could start whining about my flimsy framed GS, so be it. By the way, it's a unibody structure. Technically a frame would only be found in a separate body on frame design like an old Ford Crown Vic. I think that was the last regular passenger car to be so constructed. Real trucks are still built that way, but not cars anymore.
Old 05-22-15, 04:37 AM
LexusLive
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pman6
yeah totalled. The GS frame is flimsy, so it's probably bent in a hundred different places.

Also, the GS300 is worthless right now. Few thousand dollars at best.

This is what I hate about depreciation. You have a perfectly functional car that could last another 10 years.
Now all you get is a $8000 check from the insurance company, and you have to spend some big bucks for a new car.
No one wanted the AWD GS 300 in the first place. (that's what I have). No wants it now. That thing is crusher fodder. Do the world a favor, and let it be recycled into an Audi or something.
Old 05-22-15, 11:04 AM
Gotcha350
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusLive
No one wanted the AWD GS 300 in the first place. (that's what I have). No wants it now. That thing is crusher fodder. Do the world a favor, and let it be recycled into an Audi or something.
LOL! Lexus Live...I also like the 34 city mpg for the 460...

Instead of an Audi...how about a domestic brand...like Dodge? Just wondering....
Old 05-22-15, 01:50 PM
LexusLive
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gotcha350
LOL! Lexus Live...I also like the 34 city mpg for the 460...

Instead of an Audi...how about a domestic brand...like Dodge? Just wondering....
It's true. The GS 460 guys claim to be getting crazy high MPG numbers. Apparently, through some incredible suspension of the laws of thermodynamics and physics, the nearly 4000 lb GS 460 with 2 more cylinders and 1.5 liters of displacement (not to mention 150 more hp) their GS's get like 12 MPG more than my 3700 lb 3.0 V6 GS. Must be all that carbon buildup in my crap motor.
Old 05-23-15, 12:53 PM
krava
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The thing is totaled now and you can buy it back, transmission is good, engine has 40K miles on it when lexus redid it. I wanted 15K for that car. It has 5K of mods on it. NADA value is around $9600. My cousin owes me a lot of money I did a lot for him in the past few years. I actually didn't want to get rid of it under 15K. Might sound crazy but This car had nothng wrong with it, nothing needed to be fixed, had brand new 1,100 tires, 1700 wheels 1 year old. $500 service not even 1 month ago. My uncle got a bit beat up in the accident and this car isn't NORMAL so I want a good amount for it. The insurance company has been more then fair in the past so we will see what they will do. This should have happened before I got the car now. I would have gotten a 2014 probably GS. I was trying to drive the crap out of it beause I didn't want to give my cousin a car wth BRAND new 1,100 tires. I wanted to wear them down atleast to 8/32 they all have 10/32 and I didn't just pay for a $500 service and not get anything out of it.
Old 05-23-15, 12:54 PM
krava
Lead Lap

I know someone that just bought a 2006 GS AWD they paid $17K had no idea about the oil issue thing and their car said LOW OIl, I don't feel good for them.
Old 05-23-15, 12:56 PM
krava
Lead Lap

How does the insurance company do this? lets say they give me $10K and which they see I can go buy another 2006 GS AWD For (no mods). Once I spend the 10K I still got to pa $900 in tax, how do I get that money?
Old 05-25-15, 04:36 AM
LexusLive
Pole Position

Originally Posted by krava
I know someone that just bought a 2006 GS AWD they paid $17K had no idea about the oil issue thing and their car said LOW OIl, I don't feel good for them.
They overpaid by about $10K.
Old 05-25-15, 08:27 AM
Gotcha350
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusLive
They overpaid by about $10K.
That's harsh...but I know they were pissed...

Now regarding the insurance paying you another $900...that might be a battle if you take the 10k then try to. come back...you better deal all you can before you accept anything.
Old 05-25-15, 04:27 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

For the price of a lower mileage 2008-2009 GS350, they got a 2006 GS300?
When I was car shopping, I was going to buy a 2006 GS300 for $10,500 with 108,000 miles. Ended up passing on it because I didn't want a 2006.
Old 05-26-15, 02:17 PM
zeyger
Former Sponsor

How does the insurance company do this? lets say they give me $10K and which they see I can go buy another 2006 GS AWD For (no mods). Once I spend the 10K I still got to pa $900 in tax, how do I get that money?
Insurance companies don't technically base it off the market. They don't write you a check based on what similar cars go for so that you can "replace" your vehicle (less deductible).

Another way of looking at it is if you were to lease a car that was totaled, the insurance company is not going to pay you the deposit/down payment that you paid - they will just pay off the note of the lease and or loan.

Basically the law of indemnity is to make you "whole" again but in the event of auto, "whole" is based on monetary value...
Old 05-27-15, 02:16 AM
krava
Lead Lap

Default Insurance company quote

The car has officially 181,277 miles on it. The insurance company quoted me the following:

$11,425 NADA value
$550 for after market parts
$11.975 settlement price

The amount payable to you was determined as follows:

Source Valuation $11,975.00

Total Deductions $100.00

Actual Cash Value $11,875.00

Plus: Taxes $1,021.25

Title Transfer $50.50

Title Fee $0.00

Tag Fee $0.00

Subtotal: $12,946.75

Total net payable to you $12,946.75

I got $175 for rental car ($25 a day for 7 days)

Now for the good and bad

The Good: I am getting money for clean retail even though the car isn't clean. The car has a lot of paint imperfections all over it. 2 wheels have dents in them (you won't know unless you put them on the machine and they wobble a little. The wheels also have water sports on them but no curb rash. There is previous damage to the front which I got a claim from the same company and never fixed it and they only deducted $100 for it. The inside of the car has tears and things in it.
The car has tears in the seat and on the sides of the car, floor mat in bad shape.

The Bad: I am getting completely ripped off on the tires, They are brand new with about 5000 miles on it (4 months old max) and cost $1100. [but clean retail has good tires they said]. I have a $1700 exaust $2500 painted vertex bodykit, $325 roof spoiler. $500 service I just did not even a month before this happened. All this I lose

To sum it up the car isn't in clean retail shape and I am getting damn near nothing for the modifications to the car. Is what they are quoting me a "fair" deal? I think it is close to a fair deal.

Another thing is injury claim. My uncle had a hematoma to the left face (large blood bruise), bruises on his leg. Also I had "trama" . Evertime I am at a redlight and I have to go I get worried someone is going to slam into me on the side. The question is what is a fair price on the injury claim?
Old 05-27-15, 02:37 AM
LoveThatV8
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The car has officially 181,277 miles on it. The insurance company quoted me the following:

$11,425 NADA value
$550 for after market parts
$11.975 settlement price

The amount payable to you was determined as follows:

Source Valuation $11,975.00

Total Deductions $100.00

Actual Cash Value $11,875.00

Plus: Taxes $1,021.25

Title Transfer $50.50

Title Fee $0.00

Tag Fee $0.00

Subtotal: $12,946.75

Total net payable to you $12,946.75

I got $175 for rental car ($25 a day for 7 days)

Now for the good and bad

The Good: I am getting money for clean retail even though the car isn't clean. The car has a lot of paint imperfections all over it. 2 wheels have dents in them (you won't know unless you put them on the machine and they wobble a little. The wheels also have water sports on them but no curb rash. There is previous damage to the front which I got a claim from the same company and never fixed it and they only deducted $100 for it. The inside of the car has tears and things in it.
The car has tears in the seat and on the sides of the car, floor mat in bad shape.

The Bad: I am getting completely ripped off on the tires, They are brand new with about 5000 miles on it (4 months old max) and cost $1100. [but clean retail has good tires they said]. I have a $1700 exaust $2500 painted vertex bodykit, $325 roof spoiler. $500 service I just did not even a month before this happened. All this I lose

To sum it up the car isn't in clean retail shape and I am getting damn near nothing for the modifications to the car. Is what they are quoting me a "fair" deal? I think it is close to a fair deal.

Another thing is injury claim. My uncle had a hematoma to the left face (large blood bruise), bruises on his leg. Also I had "trama" . Evertime I am at a redlight and I have to go I get worried someone is going to slam into me on the side. The question is what is a fair price on the injury claim?
I was in your shoes prior before getting my GS because my G35 coupe got totalled. Thanks to my wife who constantly nags that I should save all my receipts for all the things i've done to the car (both maintenance and mods), I've sent my receipt of what things i've done to the car. Stuff like lowering springs and exhaust was all granted and reimbursed to me. Even the full $2,000 was granted for purchasing a OEM cat because the previous owner had high-flow cats that gave a CEL to the car. There was nooo way imma let that slip so I got money for that, so it all varies case by case bases and how good your insurance is. I got AAA

Last edited by LoveThatV8; 05-27-15 at 02:50 AM.
Old 05-27-15, 03:10 AM
krava
Lead Lap

I can get the receipts and the person that hit me and I both have state farm

Quick Reply: I think I just got the GS300 totalled. See what you think.