GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

What size if the brake bleeder? Brake pedal feeling light like always....

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-15, 11:07 AM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default What size if the brake bleeder? Brake pedal feeling light like always....

I've changed my calipers before and bled it before... but only the rear calipers cause i changed those.... I wanna use the exact size for the bleeders I also need to bleed my brakes cause my pedal is feeling light until i actually press half way down.... now... It does slow down in the lighter parts but it just doesnt feel like how a lexus brake pedal should... I've checked my pads replaced the rear calipers, painted them (need some repainting should have put primer ) The front left wheel is also giving me some weird noise when turning almost as if a bad wheel bearing.... Help me out guys!
Old 05-03-15, 08:53 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well the bleeder screw is the same for the front and for the back. I bled my brakes before and it engages also something like at 30% pedal travel. It seems to be same across all of the GS. With the front wheel making noise at full turns (steering wheel all the way to the right or left) can be a brake dust shield that needs to be pushed back. You can take a flat head and bang it with a hammer to push it away from the rotors. Try that first before thinking its a hub, usually with a hub it would make noise at 40mph+ and sound like a truck.
Old 05-04-15, 07:01 AM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
Well the bleeder screw is the same for the front and for the back. I bled my brakes before and it engages also something like at 30% pedal travel. It seems to be same across all of the GS. With the front wheel making noise at full turns (steering wheel all the way to the right or left) can be a brake dust shield that needs to be pushed back. You can take a flat head and bang it with a hammer to push it away from the rotors. Try that first before thinking its a hub, usually with a hub it would make noise at 40mph+ and sound like a truck.
hmm... so maybe its just not me... My Sienna does the same thing tho. Do you know what size mm it is? i've been using an adjustable wrench but i feel like im stripping it.... I'm glad to hear that this happens on all GS and not just mines.... is it just the way the ABS or brake booster is programmed? I notice Hondas are sensitive as hell and the gen coupe 2011 is sort of similar to ours except engages much quicker....

I've check the dust shield before and pushed it back.... well on the outer edges I can't get the wheels out yet until i actually replace my wheel lock keys
Old 05-04-15, 02:08 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure just keep in mind righty tighty lefty loosey.
Old 12-27-15, 09:28 AM
lastguy
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by xbladex00
It seems to be same across all of the GS.
My 05 GS300 brake is sensitive and perfect - linear travel, I've not done bleeding on GS300. My 06 Sienna is soft and 1st 1/3 travel no effect, no good even after bleeding, yet a little better a year after.
Old 12-28-15, 02:30 AM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lastguy
My 05 GS300 brake is sensitive and perfect - linear travel, I've not done bleeding on GS300. My 06 Sienna is soft and 1st 1/3 travel no effect, no good even after bleeding, yet a little better a year after.
I drove my friends 01 GS300 and his pedal was real firm at first press! Kind of like a Honda. but when its almost at 0mph it does some sort of heavy braking like even when I'm in same position for the foot. Could it be ECU/ Tranny thing? Upshifts are silky smooth... smoother than mines... felt good but my GS350 definitely feels like an 06 sienna (driven one), . I swapped my rear calipers and bleed the brakes it feels the same i guess this is how the the brake booster works?