GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Who's GS? Unsafe driver? (DashCam video inside)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-15, 08:57 AM
ISThree
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who's GS? Unsafe driver? (DashCam video inside)

southern california 110s near torrance

who's this GS driver?
perhaps slow down a bit
speed: ~70mph

youtube link (720p or 1080p)

Last edited by ISThree; 05-01-15 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-01-15, 09:16 AM
blue00
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Seems fine to me... lane changes were signaled. The cars traveling in the lanes he moved into did not appear disturbed and I did not see them applying brakes... as a matter of fact another car eagerly moved into the space he freed behind you... The bad drivers were the GMC SUV blocking the center lane in the rear view, and the pick up cruising along in the left lane while there was clearly free lanes to the right (this kind of crap happens too much in North America, and admittedly here in Ontario people are noticeably worse for it)

So in short...without actual speedometer reading visible on camera/dash, I can come to the conclusion that maybe you were driving like a granny in the center lane too, all the vehicles in the rear view recording appear to be gaining/passing you.
Old 05-01-15, 09:53 AM
DuwayneWeb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which dash cam setup are you using?
Old 05-01-15, 11:07 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

I drive like a granny too, nothing wrong with taking your time. It's the reason why my car is still working like day 1. Sometimes people who drive GS's see a modded GS and like to show off a bit lol.
Old 05-01-15, 05:16 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

Looks like something I would do.
Old 05-01-15, 10:27 PM
LoveThatV8
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I make sure I use all of the power that the gs has, I get all traffic-phobic until I reach the point where there's no cars then I slow down and cruise. The vid didn't show any signs of tailgating or cutting off... Mainly snake driving and using signals, which I do too from time to time. Everyone has their own style in driving.
Old 05-01-15, 10:53 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

sorry, I was in a hurry
Old 05-02-15, 09:00 AM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

In NY you'll find a lot of maniacs driving fast I just tend to drive a bit faster than the normal people (not the maniacs) I signal when switching lanes but I dont cut lanes 2-3 at a time i stop and take a second to evaluate in my mirrors... As for people who block the left lane and stuff it is certainly why we have to snake through traffic!
Old 05-02-15, 10:15 PM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by blue00
Seems fine to me... lane changes were signaled. The cars traveling in the lanes he moved into did not appear disturbed and I did not see them applying brakes... as a matter of fact another car eagerly moved into the space he freed behind you... The bad drivers were the GMC SUV blocking the center lane in the rear view, and the pick up cruising along in the left lane while there was clearly free lanes to the right (this kind of crap happens too much in North America, and admittedly here in Ontario people are noticeably worse for it)

So in short...without actual speedometer reading visible on camera/dash, I can come to the conclusion that maybe you were driving like a granny in the center lane too, all the vehicles in the rear view recording appear to be gaining/passing you.
+1, thought I don't like to change lane so often nor so many lanes at once.

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
I drive like a granny too, nothing wrong with taking your time. It's the reason why my car is still working like day 1. Sometimes people who drive GS's see a modded GS and like to show off a bit lol.
Get off the left lane granny.

Originally Posted by sha4000
Looks like something I would do.
+1

Originally Posted by LoveThatV8
I make sure I use all of the power that the gs has, I get all traffic-phobic until I reach the point where there's no cars then I slow down and cruise. The vid didn't show any signs of tailgating or cutting off... Mainly snake driving and using signals, which I do too from time to time. Everyone has their own style in driving.
Faster than a speeding ticket. LOL I too don't like to travel with the herd. Hate it when the HERD box me in.

Originally Posted by pman6
sorry, I was in a hurry
To see granny? LOL
Old 05-03-15, 05:19 AM
tunedis95
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I drive like this sometimes, don't cross 2 lanes at the same time though. If people would use the lanes as designed, slower traffic to the right, I would be happy. I find myself getting angry when cars on the 3 left lanes are all going the same speed and the 4th right lane is empty for a quarter mile. Then you see those people in the other cars your passing, and they're all on phones. Also get pissy when 18wheelers pass eachother and take a minute to pass on a 2 lane highway, and 10 cars are in a line waiting for the overtake. Speed limit 75, 18-wheelers speed passing, 65. grrrrrr.
Old 05-03-15, 12:21 PM
LexusLive
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The guy is driving like a douche. He's not going to get to his destination any faster, he's being a ****, thinking he's the big man in his 8 year old GS, and he would get a ticket for aggressive driving if a state trooper were around.
I will say that American drivers as a whole are f'in morons. They don't move out of the left lane, they are on the phone more often than not, and they treat driving like a God given right, not a privilege that they have to earn. The biggest problem they cause is goading aggressive drivers like this guy into passing on the right. Germans know how to drive. They take it seriously, they don't screw around, and you would be castigated for driving the way this guy is. Traffic is heavy, you can't make people do what you want, even though they should move over, your driving behaviour needs to match the conditions.
Old 05-03-15, 12:49 PM
chuckGS350
Intermediate

Everyday going home from work, I see at least one idiot keeps the left lane for travelling, ignores other drivers behind (who try to pass) and the sign "left lane for passing".
Old 05-03-15, 01:52 PM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckGS350
Everyday going home from work, I see at least one idiot keeps the left lane for travelling, ignores other drivers behind (who try to pass) and the sign "left lane for passing".
wow, those signs still exist? I thought the new sign say "hog the left lane so everyone will be equally slow". Sure feel like that's what ppl are doing.
Old 05-03-15, 02:35 PM
rl9010
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Not condoning the driving by any means...but it's nice to see a 3gs move!

By contrast, at least he is not like this guy...well ok, it's similar.

Last edited by rl9010; 05-03-15 at 02:39 PM.
The following users liked this post:
mrbondy (04-16-21)
Old 05-03-15, 02:35 PM
tunedis95
Pole Position

This thread is a fail.

If slower traffic were on the right, there would have been no issues and i'm sure the "speeder" would not be going nearly as fast or using as much gas. 3 vehicles observed on the right lane out of a mile of pavement, all slower vehicles in the rest of the lanes.

Quick Reply: Who's GS? Unsafe driver? (DashCam video inside)