GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

DIY: GS350 07 low beam bulb change

Old 04-07-15, 10:38 AM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default DIY: GS350 07 low beam bulb change

Hey guys I decided to change my light bulbs since they kept going on and off !
you'll need: 10mm socket, ratchet, nose plyer, flat head screw driver, and light bulb HID's specified for the GS350 headlights.

Step one: remove the plastic cover pins

I have the Christmas pins so in order to take these out you have to slip a flat head screw driver under and pry it out with a needle plyer

This part here is suppose to be a screw pin? But as you can see it doesn't exist... So you could just pull it out it's right next to the oil stick.

Step 2: after removing the covers I went to the right headlight first. For this part you should remove the snorkel and intake.

There are 3 10mm bolts on tuck all the way next to the head light.

Don't forget to take off the pins on the air box

unplug the intake sensor and unscrew to loosen the rubber tubing connecting to the intake

Don't forget these 2 pins in the side and back of the filter

Note: I didn't know how to undo a wiring so I just left the intake box loose and pushed it aside.

step 4: you'll need to turn the plastic cover protecting the inner housing of the headlight turn it counter clock wise to remove, after doing so, there a metal plug turn it counter clockwise until you feel its able to come off... After doing so there will be pins that you could just squeeze that just holds bulb in place, the springs won't fall out so no worries on that part.

The metal plug uNscrewed ... it's hard to get pics of the housing

Step 5: make sure the metal pins are out of the way which took me awhile to get the bulb out before realising... When putting back in the bulb I don't think there is correct solution except trying to line up the gap on the bulb too certain edges... I believe u just them in all the way then just reclipped the metal clip springs and screw back on the metal plug and plastic cover and you should be set!!!

Step6: I repeated the other side... All you need to do is just unbolt the windshield fluid tube which is a 10mm bolt. And you should have enough room to repeat the steps.

On the left is the old bulb and the right is the new one... I guess it looks done! these are the stock ones D4S

Here's my GS 350 WITH the bulbs changed... They look foggy... I need to restore them Asap!
Old 04-07-15, 06:19 PM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good post, now it's time to replace those parking lights for some 194 leds!
Old 04-08-15, 04:49 PM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mesca
Good post, now it's time to replace those parking lights for some 194 leds!
wait seriously? you could? or do you have to mod it? I haven't bothered checking out those DRL... i thought theyre sticks or something... Or am i talking about a totally different lights LOL
Old 04-08-15, 11:19 PM
pewtang
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xbladex00
wait seriously? you could? or do you have to mod it? I haven't bothered checking out those DRL... i thought theyre sticks or something... Or am i talking about a totally different lights LOL
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...t-194-led.html

one of the easiest replacements ive done lol
Old 04-08-15, 11:56 PM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are two bulbs located inside the "inner housing". The main stick you see in the middle is the DRL which are on in the daytime and also doubles as your high beams. If you look in the upper corner you can see another tiny bulb, this is your parking light which comes on with your low beams. You can change those out for a simple 194 less than $20 and match your HID's better. You can also change your DRL's to LED as well but you lose your high beam function. I replaced both to be honest and it looks so much cleaner and more classy! Let me know if you have any further questions.
Old 04-09-15, 08:07 AM
Mistahoo
Driver

If you're good at maneuvering, you don't need to remove the air intake box. When I changed my low beams, I only removed the windshield washer 10mm bolt and everything else was easy.
Old 04-09-15, 04:13 PM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mesca
There are two bulbs located inside the "inner housing". The main stick you see in the middle is the DRL which are on in the daytime and also doubles as your high beams. If you look in the upper corner you can see another tiny bulb, this is your parking light which comes on with your low beams. You can change those out for a simple 194 less than $20 and match your HID's better. You can also change your DRL's to LED as well but you lose your high beam function. I replaced both to be honest and it looks so much cleaner and more classy! Let me know if you have any further questions.
Ahh so the parking light isn't the DRL's? I think i would rather keep the high beam function if I change to LED's... Sometimes you got them retards texting and driving which i rather flash my high beams than honk my horn.... So if you cant high beam with the LED's what happens if you try it? does it burn out the bulb or something?

edit: Nvm i kind of read incorrectly LOL... I'll think about changing the parking lights.... In Pewtang's post he has the parking lights on which he changed for LED's... I think those are DRL's... But i dont think i need to change the high beams since they're already bright as hell!

Last edited by xbladex00; 04-09-15 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-09-15, 04:14 PM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pewtang
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...t-194-led.html

one of the easiest replacements ive done lol
I saw your post nice write up!!! I might think about it... So far just trying to keep this car running I dont have any problems except a broken cabin filter door and sluggish tranny....
Old 04-09-15, 05:01 PM
Mistahoo
Driver

Ahh so the parking light isn't the DRL's? I think i would rather keep the high beam function if I change to LED's... Sometimes you got them retards texting and driving which i rather flash my high beams than honk my horn.... So if you cant high beam with the LED's what happens if you try it? does it burn out the bulb or something?

edit: Nvm i kind of read incorrectly LOL... I'll think about changing the parking lights.... In Pewtang's post he has the parking lights on which he changed for LED's... I think those are DRL's... But i dont think i need to change the high beams since they're already bright as hell!
Parking lights and DRLs are two different bulbs. Parking lights come on when the low beams are on. DRLs come on during the day. DRLs are the same bulb as your high beams but running at half power during the day and full power when you activate. I tend not to flash my high beams because it turns off your fogs if they are on and turns on your low beams if they are off. My fogs and low beams are HIDs.
Old 04-11-15, 04:14 PM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mistahoo
Parking lights and DRLs are two different bulbs. Parking lights come on when the low beams are on. DRLs come on during the day. DRLs are the same bulb as your high beams but running at half power during the day and full power when you activate. I tend not to flash my high beams because it turns off your fogs if they are on and turns on your low beams if they are off. My fogs and low beams are HIDs.
Ahh thanks for the clarification... I think i get it now lol... How are the HID fog lights?
Old 04-12-15, 08:08 PM
Mistahoo
Driver

Ahh thanks for the clarification... I think i get it now lol... How are the HID fog lights?
I love em. I had some Osram Fog breakers in there for about 4 months and decided that it wasn't yellow enough nor intense enough. Moved on up to HIDs and probably won't be going back lol. Got the 35w DDM tuning hid kit 3000k bulbs. Plenty bright and not blinding. Visibility is greatly increased from the halogens. Was a quick 5 minute change for an amazing upgrade
Old 04-12-15, 09:13 PM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mistahoo
I love em. I had some Osram Fog breakers in there for about 4 months and decided that it wasn't yellow enough nor intense enough. Moved on up to HIDs and probably won't be going back lol. Got the 35w DDM tuning hid kit 3000k bulbs. Plenty bright and not blinding. Visibility is greatly increased from the halogens. Was a quick 5 minute change for an amazing upgrade
Are the Osram's a kit? or are they just bulbs? I'm most likely going to keep the car stock as possible cause it's my dads car but im trying to look after it as much as possible... Good to hear that the HID are better.... I think I should change out the bulbs for the fog lights tho... Should i go for a brighter bulb? like say 4300k and tint it yellow? (JDM FTW!)
Old 04-26-15, 05:07 PM
Anh85
Driver School Candidate

Good stickie
Old 04-28-15, 05:14 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Theres already been a diy thread about this.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...tart-here.html

This is the 3gs FAQ and its the first set of stickies on the top of the thread page
Old 04-28-15, 06:42 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Always considered putting in some amber DRL bulbs.... For some reason I don't think it'd look right though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DIY: GS350 07 low beam bulb change