GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Driver Side Seat Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-15, 10:19 AM
LexusLadi
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Side Seat Issue

Something inside my seat is loss (a cable or harness or something). Every time I go and change direction I can feel and hear something in my seat back knocking against itself. I’ve even brought it to a dealer to see if they could “take care of it” but they couldn’t even identify the issue. I may try taking off the back part of the seat and tie up what’s loose back there. Anyone else have this issue?

Last edited by LexusLadi; 03-27-15 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-03-15, 11:03 AM
LexusLadi
Rookie

bueller?

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/7fe/3fe...ler-e3495d.jpg
Old 04-03-15, 11:31 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

is it inside the seat or the tray of the seat? also are the bolts on the seat torqued down.
Old 04-06-15, 06:43 AM
LexusLadi
Rookie

Originally Posted by uberEJ
is it inside the seat or the tray of the seat? also are the bolts on the seat torqued down.
Hi, thanks for reply. Its on the inside of the driver seat back. The underneath part that's by the rear passenger seat foot well is unhooked and sagging also. The noise it seems is coming from cables or something on the inside knocking back and forth.
Old 04-06-15, 10:04 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i dont know what to say but you may have to pull that area apart where noise is coming from.
Old 04-06-15, 10:23 AM
LexusLadi
Rookie

Originally Posted by uberEJ
i dont know what to say but you may have to pull that area apart where noise is coming from.
I have never done that before. Is I like pulling the door panels off, are there clips and things? Does anyone have schematic or something?
Old 04-06-15, 10:39 AM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Are the heating and butt cooling both working? Do all of the seat adjustments cause the seat to move as expected?
Old 04-06-15, 12:38 PM
LexusLadi
Rookie

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
Are the heating and butt cooling both working? Do all of the seat adjustments cause the seat to move as expected?
Yep, it all works just fine.
Old 04-06-15, 03:17 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...tart-here.html

I'd check here, I recall seeing a DIY for cleaning the fans and filters for the seats there somewhere. GL!
Old 04-08-15, 11:52 AM
LexusLadi
Rookie

I took a look and couldn't find anything on the subject...Then I lost interest and got side tracked with all the other DIY's & Tips/ Tricks, what a great list!

Now I'm back to square one with an annoying sit tick.
Old 04-09-15, 08:00 AM
Coolpop
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am having a similar issue. I have the same problem as you described, along with actually feeling the seat pop, as though something is snapping back into place. Makes the noise too. Completely irritating and since my car has 135,000 miles it is out of warranty. It's getting so bad that I am considering getting rid of it.

Not sure what to do, but any suggestions are welcome.
Old 04-09-15, 08:08 AM
LexusLadi
Rookie

I am sorry to say ->I'm so glad it wasn't just me that having this issue. I was afraid I was the only one. I even brought it to the dealer and told them to fix it but they couldn't identify the problem. I was like am I this OCD...

Has anyone dig into there seats before? A tear down photo post would really be so HUGE right now!
Old 04-09-15, 08:16 AM
Coolpop
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope it's not a Toyota thing. I had 06 and 08 4Runners where the driver's seats were so bad that I actually had to sue Toyota after numerous "fixes" failed to solve the problem. I LOVED my 4Runners and figured that by 2008 they'd solved the problem. That's why I bought another. I was wrong. Too bad I traded in my 04 4Runner - that thing was bulletproof.
Old 04-09-15, 01:17 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

If I get around to getting under my seat to clean up the trash I've dropped under there over the years i'll tear down the seat and PM you how to do it.

It's like any other manufacturer's seat. Unbolt, disconnect cables, put seat in garage or flat surface and find your way around to tearing it apart lol.
Old 04-09-15, 01:21 PM
LexusLadi
Rookie

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
If I get around to getting under my seat to clean up the trash I've dropped under there over the years i'll tear down the seat and PM you how to do it.

It's like any other manufacturer's seat. Unbolt, disconnect cables, put seat in garage or flat surface and find your way around to tearing it apart lol.
That'd be awesome! Do you have to unbolt the seat? To be honest I have never done it. That being said, I am definitely willing to try.

Quick Reply: Driver Side Seat Issue