GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Sewell Parts.com has closed.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-15, 06:31 AM
Stoodo
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Sewell Parts.com has closed.....

Well booo.

Sewell Parts.com has closed.....-0mzzwpl.jpg
Old 03-02-15, 06:49 AM
Gotcha350
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah...it does suck...I ordered all my parts for my Lexus and Infiniti's there...is was so easy and you could beat their prices especially with the discounts. I placed my last order on the 28th of Feb for all my vehicles...
Old 03-02-15, 07:09 AM
burny
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I saw this in another section

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ke-sewell.html
Old 03-02-15, 01:35 PM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

we can't order parts from them?
Old 03-02-15, 01:55 PM
Gotcha350
Lead Lap

Nope....in store only...no more discounts...and higher retail prices...
Old 03-02-15, 02:34 PM
worker
Lexus Champion

^ that's almost just as bad.
Old 03-02-15, 02:59 PM
MyLparts
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We know everyone is looking for a new option for Lexus parts and there are many options out there. Many factors come into when you are looking for a new supplier, price, shipping, location, quality and selection. We are Lpartsworld.com and MyLparts.com. We are a Club Lexus Authorized vendor. We are also a Lexus dealer selling only genuine Lexus parts. We are located in California. We have great online prices and offer a CL discount on top of those prices.Just use code CL5 for 10% off. We offer free shipping on orders over $150. We have discounted shipping on orders under $150. 99% of our orders ship same day or next business day. What don't we do? We don'd do any large body pieces, batteries or any fluids. Other than that we usually can handle any order. We don't have the same schematics as Sewell, but we are working on that. We understand that all this Sewell business is going to get spread around the country, but we do want to make sure you understand that we are here for you if needed. Give us a look over, give us a call! Hope to do business with some of you in the future! Thanks!
Old 03-02-15, 08:33 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Sewell parts did not have best prices even with CL so called discount, I usually found parts cheaper on alternative sites. The way they build their site was amazing, but the price increase almost did not worth it.
Old 03-02-15, 10:07 PM
worker
Lexus Champion

thanks MyLParts
Old 03-02-15, 10:28 PM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

No big loss to me because their shipping rates to Canada were absolutely absurd unless you were doing a pretty large purchase, and they refused to send anything regular post and just FedEx.

So, MyLParts... can you do a better job at getting me my parts for less money than the local dealer than Sewell did?

P.S. Your web site looks a little bit atrocious for an online business and it it wasn't for the club lexus sponsorship it would have scared me away. You definitely need to invest a couple of dollars to put something up that is more professional looking.
Old 03-03-15, 05:07 AM
Gotcha350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
Sewell parts did not have best prices even with CL so called discount, I usually found parts cheaper on alternative sites. The way they build their site was amazing, but the price increase almost did not worth it.
Who had cheaper prices that didn't have a crappy website? I'm not talking about maintenance items. It was easier and cheaper for me because I could get things for all my cars from one site and shipping was quick and fairly cheap. I got everything in two days. Also they had excellent customer service. When they messed up they would send the right thing to me for free with a gift so I guess I'm looking at the total package.

So since you were willing to say they didn't please let me know what OEM website you use.
Old 03-03-15, 07:39 AM
MyLparts
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
No big loss to me because their shipping rates to Canada were absolutely absurd unless you were doing a pretty large purchase, and they refused to send anything regular post and just FedEx.

So, MyLParts... can you do a better job at getting me my parts for less money than the local dealer than Sewell did?

P.S. Your web site looks a little bit atrocious for an online business and it it wasn't for the club lexus sponsorship it would have scared me away. You definitely need to invest a couple of dollars to put something up that is more professional looking.
Well unfortunately we can not ship to Canada. We have dealership agreements that will not allow us to ship to any international destination. From what I understand Sewell was following this policy as well as I have seen this concern about them in the forums here. I am not sure what you are reffering to about our site. It is a standard full line parts catalog. Its a diagram site that is made to allow customers to look up parts as a parts catalog. If you want pictures, you can visit our other site www.Lpartsworld.com. But this site is not a full catalog site, its more accessories and fast moving parts. Let me know what it is that you did not like and what you would prefer to see when you visit a parts site. Thanks!
Old 03-03-15, 04:27 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Gotcha350
Who had cheaper prices that didn't have a crappy website? I'm not talking about maintenance items. It was easier and cheaper for me because I could get things for all my cars from one site and shipping was quick and fairly cheap. I got everything in two days. Also they had excellent customer service. When they messed up they would send the right thing to me for free with a gift so I guess I'm looking at the total package.

So since you were willing to say they didn't please let me know what OEM website you use.
Don't get all defensive there buddy, There layout was seamless, but price wise they were far from cheap. I liked oemlexusparts.com, with great phone support if needed. Do they have schematics like sewell? not really, are they cheaper yes. So as I stated earlier sucks for them to leave, but their are other alternatives and it is not a huge loss. Sewell messed up my order a few items and they made it right, but there shipping charges for the smallest items was ridiculous. I remember I needed OEM TPMS sensor sewell after CL discount $66 plus $15 shipping vs oemlexusparts.com $54 and $10 shipping. It might not be a huge difference but please they fooled every one with this CL discount.
Old 03-03-15, 10:09 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

plenty of alternative lexus oem parts websites.

so not a loss.
Old 03-04-15, 07:22 PM
chuckGS350
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gotcha350
Yeah...it does suck...I ordered all my parts for my Lexus and Infiniti's there...is was so easy and you could beat their prices especially with the discounts. I placed my last order on the 28th of Feb for all my vehicles...
Do you know who the contact at Sewell Parts is?
I placed my last buy order on 02/27, Credit card was charged on 02/28.
I checked my account today. It still shows the order is received.
They are very fast in processing the order. I usually got the order processed in a couple days.
I just responded to the order confirmation email to find out the status.
Unless they have a lot of back log orders.

Quick Reply: Sewell Parts.com has closed.....