GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Bi-Xenon Factory Headlight Wire Harness

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-15, 05:24 PM
stiles17
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bi-Xenon Factory Headlight Wire Harness

I have a 2010 GS350 AWD and am modifying a second set of headlights to accept Bi-Xenon projectors from the 2006 - 2010 IS250/350 series. The project has gone well so far and I have been able to retain the AFS function as well as the lens tilt /angle compensation function.

My question is does the factory GS have the same wire locations on the connector that is attached to the front chassis of the car? For example, if I take a headlight harness from an IS with Bi-Xenon capability can I plug that harness into the front end of my GS?

I've attached some pictures to help fill the gaps between my inability to fully describe the part and the question. They look like they would match up physically after closely examining the pictures but I could be wrong, and moreover, would the wires line up?

At the end of the day I need to power the solenoid to the Bi-Xenon projector to turn the flap that allows for the high beam functionality. If this is a simple 12 volt thing I'll just hitch it up separately. However, if I can make it as OEM as possible that would be excellent. The GS does not have a brown and orange wire for the Bi-Xenon power on the headlight end....but does it have it in the chassis end perhaps as these connectors look very similar?

One picture is a headlight harness from a 2008 IS350 showing the rectangle connector. Another picture is my existing 2010 GS350 headlight showing its rectangle connector (the projector mod is on another housing that I used to experiment on before possibly ruining the good (second) headlight). The third picture is that of a IS wiring harness from a manual.

Are these rectangle connectors interchangeable between the IS and GS? And if so, do the wires match up so that I can plug it into its mate on the chassis?
Attached Thumbnails Bi-Xenon Factory Headlight Wire Harness-2006-2010-is250-and-is350-left-side_plug.jpg   Bi-Xenon Factory Headlight Wire Harness-left-headlight.jpg   Bi-Xenon Factory Headlight Wire Harness-light-harness-thing.jpg  
Old 01-31-15, 07:48 PM
stiles17
Driver School Candidate

I think I just solved my own problem. This is from a Scionlife forum:

"Since the RX350 projectors are bi-xenon, they have an extra connector that connects to our high-beam plug that is used to activate their solenoid for high-beam output. I chose to drill a hole through the rear of the headlight housing to run this through. I then installed the 9005 connector and epoxied around the hole to seal it back."

Sounds easy enough for me. Nearly 99% of our HID headlight projectors are made by Koito (and Nissan, probably others) and most likely all require the same voltage to activate the solenoid. With something this simple the heck with the OEM look for the pain of messing with a wire harness.
Attached Thumbnails Bi-Xenon Factory Headlight Wire Harness-solenoidwiresthrough.jpg   Bi-Xenon Factory Headlight Wire Harness-connectoronsolenoidandepoxy.jpg  
Old 02-19-18, 08:53 AM
vkhosla
Driver School Candidate

By any chance, does anyone have the pinout diagram for the main headlight plug (sowing factory low beam). I am trying to relocate the factory HID ballast in my 2007 Lexus GS 350 to a better location so that it is away from moisture and easier to replace without taking apart the bumper everytime. What is the best way to do this. Any suggestions, pictures or diagrams would be highly appreciated. Thank you!