GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

What do 3GS owners think of the 4GS?

Old 11-20-14, 08:40 AM
warandcar
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats bogus… i had the chance to either pick up my GS or an LS460… i drove both and the LS was more responsive and drove like a big car which i like… but ended up getting the GS because i liked the styling better.
Old 11-20-14, 09:33 AM
Gotcha350
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

They needed more performance from the GS line period...that's why Audi, BMW, and MB beat them...the younger crowd sees the GS as a mini LS.
Old 11-20-14, 03:28 PM
Steve2424
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I love my 3GS, I feel the 4GS outdated it's styling (and from reading --it's performance handling wise). The front fascia looks aggressive on the F-sport whereas the luxury CAN be confused for an ES if it's dark outside or by quick glance. I like the infotainment system on the 4GS, although the 3GS is just easier to use with the nav/audio controls (less time of eyes off the road). I've only sat in a 4GS and instantly missed the gauges of the 3GS and how uniqe they are - no other car maker with the exception of Benz's new S-class has provided an awestriking instrument cluster much like I feel about the 3GS's - the electrochromatic feature is great. Unfortunately the rattles do reduce the "esteem factor" when driving a mid-level luxury car, but other than that I feel the 3GS as a whole will be relevent for some time to come...and with mods I think looks much better than a 4GS although both models look great when done right, but the 3GS eeks it out by a bit since it wraps elegance, sportiness and luxury together. Don't get me wrong, I would still take a 4GS if it were handed to me lol
Old 11-21-14, 04:10 AM
voleduy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To me the 4GS doesn't have that luxury look compare to the 3GS. For that reason I just simply pick the 3GS. The only thing I like from 4GS is the engine is quiter than the 3GS.
Old 11-21-14, 02:38 PM
MelYW
Pole Position

My guess is this will the last gen of GS and it should be. They screwed up the potential to have a long line and legacy of upper mid sport sedans. Lets break it down...

3GS Interior
Steel gauges are unique and striking. Airplane cockpit like.
Overall dash with middle console wraps around the driver creating intimacy without feeling cramped.
Curves make a beautiful classy yet sporty statement.
Buttons and dials make you want to touch something
Could do without rattles...hopefully the engineer that oversaw that has been banished from the team.

3GS Exterior
Classic yet sporty design. Aggressive stance with curves that are inviting.

4GS Interior
Cheap rip off of BMW design.
Straight lines are wonderful if you are a robot.
Spartan dash and mouse operated console is soulless. I spend all day behind a computer. The last thing I want to do is use a mouse to interact w my car.
Cheap plastic adorns the interior.
Cavernous unemotional feel makes it feel hollow inside.

4GS Exterior
..."is it an ES or GS...hmmm I think that's a ....wait must be a GS ...wait nope I cant tell."

I had the 4GS for a weekend...couldn't wait to get my car back.

My next car will be an ES or IS. Sad to say but my prediction is that the GS is done with after this gen.

Enjoy your 3GS if you have one as I think its has turned into a classic. To this day I love looking at and driving my car. By the way, its stays out of the mechanics garage too...which the European makes (and American makes) cant say.
Old 11-21-14, 11:02 PM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MelYW
My guess is this will the last gen of GS and it should be. They screwed up the potential to have a long line and legacy of upper mid sport sedans. Lets break it down...

3GS Interior
Steel gauges are unique and striking. Airplane cockpit like.
Overall dash with middle console wraps around the driver creating intimacy without feeling cramped.
Curves make a beautiful classy yet sporty statement.
Buttons and dials make you want to touch something
Could do without rattles...hopefully the engineer that oversaw that has been banished from the team.

3GS Exterior
Classic yet sporty design. Aggressive stance with curves that are inviting.

4GS Interior
Cheap rip off of BMW design.
Straight lines are wonderful if you are a robot.
Spartan dash and mouse operated console is soulless. I spend all day behind a computer. The last thing I want to do is use a mouse to interact w my car.
Cheap plastic adorns the interior.
Cavernous unemotional feel makes it feel hollow inside.

4GS Exterior
..."is it an ES or GS...hmmm I think that's a ....wait must be a GS ...wait nope I cant tell."

I had the 4GS for a weekend...couldn't wait to get my car back.

My next car will be an ES or IS. Sad to say but my prediction is that the GS is done with after this gen.

Enjoy your 3GS if you have one as I think its has turned into a classic. To this day I love looking at and driving my car. By the way, its stays out of the mechanics garage too...which the European makes (and American makes) cant say.
You nailed it brother!
Another aspect is the overhead console, the 3GS has what is the coolest looking overhead console of any car I've ever seen!
Whereas the 4GS has a cheap looking one

Overall the 4GS is a cost cutting galore
Old 11-23-14, 12:31 PM
verly6565
Advanced

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts

the 4g looks like a maxima
Old 11-23-14, 08:30 PM
PoppFlyy
Pole Position

The 4G feels like a smaller LS to me. Less intimate and involving. The interior is a little busy for my taste.