Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007 GS 350 Brake problem

Old 11-16-14, 03:22 PM   #1
xbladex00
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default 2007 GS 350 Brake problem

Hey club lexus,

I'm new to Club Lexus and its my first post ever on a forum! I apparently can't find the brake bleeder screw on my 2007 GS350 calipers! Now my GS is standing in the drive way with air in the brake system and it doesnt even work, because i just removed the brake lines from the calipers, with out using the soda bottle method... Also the mechanic at Lexus dealership told me that the rear calipers are seized! I would like some help and advice! Also its going into my dads friends shop tomorrow....
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
xbladex00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-14, 03:41 PM   #2
Gotcha350
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbladex00 View Post
Hey club lexus,

I'm new to Club Lexus and its my first post ever on a forum! I apparently can't find the brake bleeder screw on my 2007 GS350 calipers! Now my GS is standing in the drive way with air in the brake system and it doesnt even work, because i just removed the brake lines from the calipers, with out using the soda bottle method... Also the mechanic at Lexus dealership told me that the rear calipers are seized! I would like some help and advice! Also its going into my dads friends shop tomorrow....
You have to be careful working on the brake systems of these new EBD type cars....i know that the soda bottle method isn't the best way to go on these cars but eh...

Wait and see what the mechanic says...hopefully he is good...but if you don't bleed the system right you can cause havoc on it. Good Luck.
Gotcha350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-14, 04:24 PM   #3
xbladex00
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
You have to be careful working on the brake systems of these new EBD type cars....i know that the soda bottle method isn't the best way to go on these cars but eh...

Wait and see what the mechanic says...hopefully he is good...but if you don't bleed the system right you can cause havoc on it. Good Luck.
The funny thing is, is that i couldn't find the brake bleeder screw... either i'm retarded and couldn't see it or it doesn't exist on the 07 calipers... Which makes me think that, no mechanic would try and change the brake fluid.

Last edited by xbladex00; 11-16-14 at 04:28 PM.. Reason: forgot to say thanks for the luck!
Old 11-16-14, 05:12 PM   #4
SILENTM
Driver School Candidate

the brake bleeder screw is towards the top on the inside
SILENTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-14, 06:15 PM   #5
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (4)

Quote:
The funny thing is, is that i couldn't find the brake bleeder screw... either i'm retarded and couldn't see it or it doesn't exist on the 07 calipers... Which makes me think that, no mechanic would try and change the brake fluid.
It is covered with a rubber boot that needs to be removed first
Old 11-17-14, 02:24 PM   #6
xbladex00
Driver School Candidate

Click the image to open in full size.

well it was raining today and i couldn't do it... also my wheel lock key is messed up so i couldn't take out the rims anyway... hopefully this will be a cheap fix :X
Old 11-17-14, 03:46 PM   #7
ReyRey305
Lexus Test Driver

reysantos305 premiumb_blend mastahkillah82 amn_distributors

Oh man that sucks dude, Good luck. Hope everything works out

2007 Lexus GS 350 - Matador Red / BC-R Coils w/ Swift Springs / SPC Ball Joints & Rear Control Arms / F-Sport Intake / Japan Window Visors/ 8000k Garax low-beam/ 08' Seat Clips/ Black Leather /Back-upCam/NAV/DVD w/ ML package/ TYC (carbon) cabin filter /
ReyRey305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-14, 07:16 PM   #8
Asav
Driver
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Click the image to open in full size.

well it was raining today and i couldn't do it... also my wheel lock key is messed up so i couldn't take out the rims anyway... hopefully this will be a cheap fix :X
Bro, your very next move should be to head to your local parts house and get four lug nuts that don't require that POS wheel lock that does nothing to prevent theft anyhow. It's a true hassle to deal with and those locks protect nothing. I good thief will have those off in 10-15 seconds per wheel so why go through the grief of the key getting all messed up over time. Disconnect the battery before you tackle the brake job or you will be pissed at the Christmas tree on your dashboard from those codes when you are all done.
Asav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-14, 09:20 PM   #9
xbladex00
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Bro, your very next move should be to head to your local parts house and get four lug nuts that don't require that POS wheel lock that does nothing to prevent theft anyhow. It's a true hassle to deal with and those locks protect nothing. I good thief will have those off in 10-15 seconds per wheel so why go through the grief of the key getting all messed up over time. Disconnect the battery before you tackle the brake job or you will be pissed at the Christmas tree on your dashboard from those codes when you are all done.
Haha everything is good now guys my brother drove back the car from the mechie!!! Thought the main problem still is there... The brake pedal still feels squishy!!! and goes too the floor but at least it stops! I'll take your word on the lug nuts because my rims are messed up anyway.... since the paint is falling off and its scratched up, no thief wants ****ty rims am i right???
So... can anyone figure out my brake pedal problem? i've changed the pads and the brake fluid has changed so... what its wrong?!?!
Old 11-18-14, 09:21 PM   #10
xbladex00
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
the brake bleeder screw is towards the top on the inside
the car came back and its like 30'F @.@ so yea maybe i'll check when its warmer
Old 11-19-14, 12:44 AM   #11
Robertcave
Driver School Candidate

I had same problem as you my friend and it was a rear caliper seized
Robertcave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-14, 07:54 AM   #12
Gotcha350
Pole Position

Or possibly a failing master cylinder...haven't heard of one failing but it's possible...
Gotcha350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-14, 10:31 AM   #13
xbladex00
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
I had same problem as you my friend and it was a rear caliper seized
Thats what the dealership said!!! So should i just buy a rebuild kit? i remember when i was changing the rear brake pads that i couldnt even swing open the calipers! So do i buy new calipers? because i'm missing like pins or they're broken on the rear ones.... not sure if i shud buy new calipers for rear or rebuild it...
Old 11-19-14, 10:32 AM   #14
xbladex00
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Or possibly a failing master cylinder...haven't heard of one failing but it's possible...
Well i heard something around these forums where we can only use toyota brake fluid... so idk if that will after the master cylinder... but the fluids been changed and the brakes are the same with the pedal to the floor but they work
Old 11-19-14, 06:23 PM   #15
Othic
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Well i heard something around these forums where we can only use toyota brake fluid... so idk if that will after the master cylinder... but the fluids been changed and the brakes are the same with the pedal to the floor but they work
DOT 3 or higher. Doesn't have to be Toyota fluid. You're better off buying new or already remanned calipers
Othic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-14, 06:23 PM