GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2007 GS 350 Brake problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-14, 02:22 PM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2007 GS 350 Brake problem

Hey club lexus,

I'm new to Club Lexus and its my first post ever on a forum! I apparently can't find the brake bleeder screw on my 2007 GS350 calipers! Now my GS is standing in the drive way with air in the brake system and it doesnt even work, because i just removed the brake lines from the calipers, with out using the soda bottle method... Also the mechanic at Lexus dealership told me that the rear calipers are seized! I would like some help and advice! Also its going into my dads friends shop tomorrow....
Old 11-16-14, 02:41 PM
Gotcha350
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by xbladex00
Hey club lexus,

I'm new to Club Lexus and its my first post ever on a forum! I apparently can't find the brake bleeder screw on my 2007 GS350 calipers! Now my GS is standing in the drive way with air in the brake system and it doesnt even work, because i just removed the brake lines from the calipers, with out using the soda bottle method... Also the mechanic at Lexus dealership told me that the rear calipers are seized! I would like some help and advice! Also its going into my dads friends shop tomorrow....
You have to be careful working on the brake systems of these new EBD type cars....i know that the soda bottle method isn't the best way to go on these cars but eh...

Wait and see what the mechanic says...hopefully he is good...but if you don't bleed the system right you can cause havoc on it. Good Luck.
Old 11-16-14, 03:24 PM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

You have to be careful working on the brake systems of these new EBD type cars....i know that the soda bottle method isn't the best way to go on these cars but eh...

Wait and see what the mechanic says...hopefully he is good...but if you don't bleed the system right you can cause havoc on it. Good Luck.
The funny thing is, is that i couldn't find the brake bleeder screw... either i'm retarded and couldn't see it or it doesn't exist on the 07 calipers... Which makes me think that, no mechanic would try and change the brake fluid.

Last edited by xbladex00; 11-16-14 at 03:28 PM. Reason: forgot to say thanks for the luck!
Old 11-16-14, 04:12 PM
SILENTM
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

the brake bleeder screw is towards the top on the inside
Old 11-16-14, 05:15 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The funny thing is, is that i couldn't find the brake bleeder screw... either i'm retarded and couldn't see it or it doesn't exist on the 07 calipers... Which makes me think that, no mechanic would try and change the brake fluid.
It is covered with a rubber boot that needs to be removed first
Old 11-17-14, 01:24 PM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

well it was raining today and i couldn't do it... also my wheel lock key is messed up so i couldn't take out the rims anyway... hopefully this will be a cheap fix :X
Old 11-17-14, 02:46 PM
ReyRey305
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh man that sucks dude, Good luck. Hope everything works out
Old 11-17-14, 06:16 PM
Asav
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

well it was raining today and i couldn't do it... also my wheel lock key is messed up so i couldn't take out the rims anyway... hopefully this will be a cheap fix :X
Bro, your very next move should be to head to your local parts house and get four lug nuts that don't require that POS wheel lock that does nothing to prevent theft anyhow. It's a true hassle to deal with and those locks protect nothing. I good thief will have those off in 10-15 seconds per wheel so why go through the grief of the key getting all messed up over time. Disconnect the battery before you tackle the brake job or you will be pissed at the Christmas tree on your dashboard from those codes when you are all done.
Old 11-18-14, 08:20 PM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Bro, your very next move should be to head to your local parts house and get four lug nuts that don't require that POS wheel lock that does nothing to prevent theft anyhow. It's a true hassle to deal with and those locks protect nothing. I good thief will have those off in 10-15 seconds per wheel so why go through the grief of the key getting all messed up over time. Disconnect the battery before you tackle the brake job or you will be pissed at the Christmas tree on your dashboard from those codes when you are all done.
Haha everything is good now guys my brother drove back the car from the mechie!!! Thought the main problem still is there... The brake pedal still feels squishy!!! and goes too the floor but at least it stops! I'll take your word on the lug nuts because my rims are messed up anyway.... since the paint is falling off and its scratched up, no thief wants ****ty rims am i right???
So... can anyone figure out my brake pedal problem? i've changed the pads and the brake fluid has changed so... what its wrong?!?!
Old 11-18-14, 08:21 PM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

the brake bleeder screw is towards the top on the inside
the car came back and its like 30'F @.@ so yea maybe i'll check when its warmer
Old 11-18-14, 11:44 PM
Robertcave
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

I had same problem as you my friend and it was a rear caliper seized
Old 11-19-14, 06:54 AM
Gotcha350
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Or possibly a failing master cylinder...haven't heard of one failing but it's possible...
Old 11-19-14, 09:31 AM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

I had same problem as you my friend and it was a rear caliper seized
Thats what the dealership said!!! So should i just buy a rebuild kit? i remember when i was changing the rear brake pads that i couldnt even swing open the calipers! So do i buy new calipers? because i'm missing like pins or they're broken on the rear ones.... not sure if i shud buy new calipers for rear or rebuild it...
Old 11-19-14, 09:32 AM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Or possibly a failing master cylinder...haven't heard of one failing but it's possible...
Well i heard something around these forums where we can only use toyota brake fluid... so idk if that will after the master cylinder... but the fluids been changed and the brakes are the same with the pedal to the floor but they work
Old 11-19-14, 05:23 PM
Othic
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Well i heard something around these forums where we can only use toyota brake fluid... so idk if that will after the master cylinder... but the fluids been changed and the brakes are the same with the pedal to the floor but they work
DOT 3 or higher. Doesn't have to be Toyota fluid. You're better off buying new or already remanned calipers

Quick Reply: 2007 GS 350 Brake problem