GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

New Lexus owner - 06 GS430

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-14, 05:46 PM
Othic
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default New Lexus owner - 06 GS430

Hello all. I will be a new Lexus owner tomorrow! I'm very excited to take delivery of my 06 GS430. Although will be a new Lexus owner, I am not new to the brand. I have been working on these cars professionally at a dealership since March 2007. I've driven every car they make other than the LFA I'm excited to go to a quality brand. All my other cars have been American. I feel like this purchase is long over due! Here's a background of my previous cars in order.
1999 Explorer
2002 Mustang GT Auto
2001 Mustang GT Manual
2001 Mustang Roush Stage II
2003 Mustang Cobra (favorite)
2000 Mustang GT Manual
2006 Retired Police Charger
(Current and trading in) 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4
Tomorrow.. GS430!

As of right now my immediate plans are SoundLinQ3 SLB3 and F-sport lowering springs. If anyone could tell me where the best place to buy the SLB3 is it would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Othic; 11-02-14 at 08:49 AM.
Old 10-29-14, 07:01 PM
Gotcha350
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Othic
Hello all. I will be a new Lexus owner tomorrow! I'm very excited to take delivery of my 06 GS430. Although will be a new Lexus owner, I am not new to the brand. I have been working on these cars professionally at a dealership since March 2007. I've driven every car they make other than the LFA I'm excited to go to a quality brand. All my other cars have been American. I feel like this purchase is long over due! Here's a background of my previous cars in order.
1999 Explorer
2002 Mustang GT Auto
2001 Mustang GT Manual
2000 Mustang GT Manual
Tomorrow.. GS430!

As of right now my immediate plans are SoundLinQ3 SLB3 and F-sport lowering springs. If anyone could tell me where the best place to buy the SLB3 is it would be greatly appreciated!
Congrats on your new purchase and welcome to Club Lexus!

Since you have been working on these car since 2007...enlighten me about the transmissions...why don't the dealership service department want to service them before 100k and why don't they want to change the screen/filter unless there is a problem? LOL
Old 10-29-14, 07:10 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

1999 Explorer
2002 Mustang GT Auto
2001 Mustang GT Manual
2000 Mustang GT Manual
Tomorrow.. GS430!

Most definitely a huge congrats there! If you look around the forum, you'll see my name quite a few times asking about these cars and different situations I was seeking help on. If I may ask, how long were you searching for a 430? These are gems and if you can find one in great condition, the color combo you want and lower miles...you have to jump on it! Im still looking myself...and am looking out of state and willing to travel. So Im curious:
Color combo, miles and pckg! and where did you find it? Congrats once again!
Old 10-29-14, 07:19 PM
Brotha500
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gotcha350
Congrats on your new purchase and welcome to Club Lexus!

Since you have been working on these car since 2007...enlighten me about the transmissions...why don't the dealership service department want to service them before 100k and why don't they want to change the screen/filter unless there is a problem? LOL
First off, congrats on the find!!!! kinda jelly?!!! On a side note +1 on this question. i been debating on whether or not to change the fluids on tranny and i cant find a solid answer, maybe your tech background can help!!
Old 10-29-14, 07:35 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Brotha500
First off, congrats on the find!!!! kinda jelly?!!! On a side note +1 on this question. i been debating on whether or not to change the fluids on tranny and i cant find a solid answer, maybe your tech background can help!!
Not sure if this tid bit will help, but I was told by a Toyota tech as well as a Lexus tech that the trans fluid (World Standard WS) and filter should be changed at 100k: drain and fill. the 430 as a sealed trans and a machine has to be used to refill the trans with the proper amount of fluid once it is drained. they also both stated a 'drain' not 'flush' due to the possibility of moving around and disturbing the state of particulate/metal shavings that may currently be in the trans.
Hope that helps!
And I wont lie, im quite jelly myself! But happy for any new Lexus owner, as I hope to be one myself soon!
Old 10-30-14, 03:34 PM
Othic
Pole Position

Well the car wasn't ready for delivery today. They were fixing something with the active suspension even though I told them not to do any repairs since I would be doing it myself. They said I would be able to pick it up in the morning.

CRowe14, I just started looking Monday while I was at work. I didn't realize we got one in on trade the day before until I drove by our trade in line and saw it there. Its silver with tan interior. Its fully loaded with every goody. 73k on the clock. All maintenance up to date. They let it go for $15.9k out the door.

For those asking about the trans fluid. I never understood why dealers would refuse to do it. If a customer asks to have it done, I always do it. We'll tell them the interval is 100k but they want it done early anyways. It wont hurt anything to have it done early. Just realize this process uses a scan tool and the trans has to be a certain temperature to adjust the fluid level correctly. If it goes over a certain temp the trans has to cool down to start the process over again. Its just time consuming and techs always like to beat the clock time on repairs, which is probably why they don't like doing them
Old 10-30-14, 05:27 PM
LoveThatV8
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats to your purchase my man, you are in my boat now with silver metallic exterior and tan interior w/ piano black accents that I picked up 2 months ago. Although I wanna switch out the tan floor mats to black for a cleaner look... Just wanna say CONGRATS! I wanted that V8 torque with a Japanese reliability of a sedan and so I'm smiling with every punch on the throttle. Post up pics when you get a chance & welcome to clublexus once again!
Old 10-31-14, 08:34 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Well the car wasn't ready for delivery today. They were fixing something with the active suspension even though I told them not to do any repairs since I would be doing it myself. They said I would be able to pick it up in the morning.

CRowe14, I just started looking Monday while I was at work. I didn't realize we got one in on trade the day before until I drove by our trade in line and saw it there. Its silver with tan interior. Its fully loaded with every goody. 73k on the clock. All maintenance up to date. They let it go for $15.9k out the door.

For those asking about the trans fluid. I never understood why dealers would refuse to do it. If a customer asks to have it done, I always do it. We'll tell them the interval is 100k but they want it done early anyways. It wont hurt anything to have it done early. Just realize this process uses a scan tool and the trans has to be a certain temperature to adjust the fluid level correctly. If it goes over a certain temp the trans has to cool down to start the process over again. Its just time consuming and techs always like to beat the clock time on repairs, which is probably why they don't like doing them
Just not fair man! Lol!
I was just working with a guy at a dealship in TX, Sewell actually. It's probably still in the site. He wouldn't come down for anything! $16888: 06 430, Metallic/tan with piano black accents (stole your description LoveThatV8)! Interior-GREAT condition. Exterior was good also, but wheels had road rash, one pretty bad, no Nav, no back up, no ML, had been in an accident but fixed by lexus, needed two new tires, front rotors resurfaced, with 75k on the clock. I think the asking price was too much, and after seeing your deal-it is!
Enjoy that beautiful car man! Cheers to you!
Old 10-31-14, 08:36 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Oh, one more question: How would you know the active suspension was faulty! Sensor thing or more*so something that's noticed in the ride quality or lack there of??
Old 10-31-14, 10:33 AM
playray
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CRowe14
Just not fair man! Lol!
I was just working with a guy at a dealship in TX, Sewell actually. It's probably still in the site. He wouldn't come down for anything! $16888: 06 430, Metallic/tan with piano black accents (stole your description LoveThatV8)! Interior-GREAT condition. Exterior was good also, but wheels had road rash, one pretty bad, no Nav, no back up, no ML, had been in an accident but fixed by lexus, needed two new tires, front rotors resurfaced, with 75k on the clock. I think the asking price was too much, and after seeing your deal-it is!

Got my 430 a few months ago for more than that from a private seller. It is fully loaded, 31,000+ miles, excellent interior and exterior, no curb rash and well maintained. Had to bite the bullet because I like the color combo of black exterior and black interior plus the car looks new and was always garaged.

These low mileage cars are out there you just have to be patient.
Old 10-31-14, 11:16 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by playray
Got my 430 a few months ago for more than that from a private seller. It is fully loaded, 31,000+ miles, excellent interior and exterior, no curb rash and well maintained. Had to bite the bullet because I like the color combo of black exterior and black interior plus the car looks new and was always garaged.

These low mileage cars are out there you just have to be patient.
I know this post was meant to inspire and motivate... but it only frustrates and saddens me!!! LOL!!!
Joking!!
To you also a sincere congrats man!!! I'm jealous.. but in a great way! But it does motivate me to keep looking. However, it seems as though many of the good buys are in Cali for the 430. Hell 350's are everywhere... I really want that v8 man! Test drive one a few weeks ago and was instantly SOLD! Had to have one!
Old 10-31-14, 06:58 PM
Othic
Pole Position

Just not fair man! Lol!
Lol, perks for working at a dealership! That and cheap oem parts

Oh, one more question: How would you know the active suspension was faulty! Sensor thing or more*so something that's noticed in the ride quality or lack there of??
All cars get a health check performed with a scan tool and the car threw a code for a left hand actuator for the active suspension. I don't plan on fixing it right away because Im kinda cheap lol
Old 11-01-14, 07:24 AM
warandcar
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gotta love the V*8
Old 11-01-14, 03:23 PM
DrexLex
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats on the 430. The V8 has been called The Velvet Fist.

I installed a Viastech for iPod playback back when I got the car. Works great. If sound quality is on your list, a relatively minor mod really improves the bass quality from muddy to tight. Details in the Kicker link in my sig.

Happy motoring!
Old 11-01-14, 06:17 PM
Gotcha350
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for the info!!! Its great to have an in house tech...lol

I hope you hang around...this is a great place!

Quick Reply: New Lexus owner - 06 GS430