GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2006 gs300,71.8k: $14999

Old 10-16-14, 08:32 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts
Default 2006 gs300,71.8k: $14999

No back up cam
No Nav
AWD

The retrofitting for rings/springs (oil consumption repair) has not been done but is in great condition and upkeep has been done. I have read that these cars run pretty rich, and one of the telling tales that the engine might be burning oil, is the tips will be black with carbon. Though it was raining last night, what I did was stick two fingers inside the exhaust pipes and they came out pretty black and were wet. Not sure if it was moisture from the rain, the car wash they gave it before I showed up, moisture from exhaust or a combo of everything. Only thing I didn't like about the car was that the pick up/acceleration wasn't what I thought it would be, but I understand this is the smallest engine...

Its more so enticing bc my trade in has a about 3 grand in negative equity and its possible they can roll that into this car and it'll still be in the teens which fits my budget.

Really want an 08, but i'd have to keep my current truck longer thus more miles and value drop--->less money on trade in.

So, exercise patience for another year or two to try an (at that time an 09 or 10) or go for it now??
Thoughts...??
Thanks in advance!
Old 10-16-14, 10:42 AM
mindcrime
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

just get an 07 up GS 350 fully loaded.
Old 10-16-14, 01:38 PM
darinmg
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd wait. No point in over extending yourself for the 300. Personally, I wouldn't settle for anything other than the V8 (either the 430or 460).
Old 10-16-14, 02:13 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

I gotta be honest...the sound of a v8 in that car sounds pretty darn good. I'll have to test drive one just to feel the difference between the 300 and a 430/460.

Originally Posted by darinmg
I'd wait. No point in over extending yourself for the 300. Personally, I wouldn't settle for anything other than the V8 (either the 430or 460).
Old 10-16-14, 04:41 PM
LoveThatV8
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lol. Love the reliable Japanese V8, hence my username! I've always wanted the torque, just wish it had a manual trans, which would be super sexy if any... or paddle shifters like an M5. But oh wells, just happy I have a 430 for the meantime. Bump up to a 350awd or 430 if you can, don't think it's worth the 71k mileage, no cam, no nav, and the 3.0L motor.
Old 10-17-14, 08:34 AM
Bhdien
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my 07 last year fully loaded with 70k miles for $16k. With patience, you'll be able to find a good deal.
Old 10-17-14, 09:14 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bhdien
I bought my 07 last year fully loaded with 70k miles for $16k. With patience, you'll be able to find a good deal.
Wow man $17K ??? LOADED!?!?! Sweet deal!
I cant remember if I said it or not, but this situation is FORCING me to practice patience. Thanks for telling me that. It just reinforces the ideal that settling is foolish. Now in a perfect world...this is what i'd want:
08 GS350
1st choice: Ext - White/Int. - Light color ::: 2nd Choice Int.- Black
2nd choice: Ext - Silver Metallic/Int. - Black
68-84K miles
Nav, Back up cam,
Everything else i'd care for is pretty much standard and other items I don't too much care about... --->>> under 20k
That too much of a stretch??

Last edited by CRowe14; 10-17-14 at 09:18 AM. Reason: missing text
Old 10-17-14, 09:47 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CRowe14
Wow man $17K ??? LOADED!?!?! Sweet deal!
I cant remember if I said it or not, but this situation is FORCING me to practice patience. Thanks for telling me that. It just reinforces the ideal that settling is foolish. Now in a perfect world...this is what i'd want:
08 GS350
1st choice: Ext - White/Int. - Light color ::: 2nd Choice Int.- Black
2nd choice: Ext - Silver Metallic/Int. - Black
68-84K miles
Nav, Back up cam,
Everything else i'd care for is pretty much standard and other items I don't too much care about... --->>> under 20k
That too much of a stretch??
The only reason I say the above would be ideal to me, is that although the changes from 07 to 08 are rather subtle, I do like the grille and the more aggressive design in the lower fascia/lower bumper area. I also like the signal on the side view mirrors. Just makes the exterior appear a bit fresher. But the biggest thing for me, is that the 08 has an AUX PORT!!! I would LOVE to have that as an option. Even my 05 Denali has the ports for the adaptive RCA-->3,5mm port option. I play nearly everything off of my phone.
Old 10-17-14, 12:38 PM
darinmg
Driver

I actually like the 07 look better...I'm maybe the only one. Only thing I like about the newer one is the mirrors, but that is minor.
Don't worry about the aux port. There are lots of aftermarket solutions that are easy to install, relatively cheap, and work great. I just put the sl3b in mine. Works awesome!
Old 10-17-14, 02:33 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

He'll I'd definitely roll with an 07. Not against it at all!! I had asked in another post if there was something you could install aftermarket that would adress not having an aux port but I received no responce.
At this point any 07 white or silver gs with decent miles and good price I'd be happy with!
If I may ask, what is it exactly that you had installed in your GS that incorporates an aux port? How inexpensive is inexpensive lol??
Thanks !!!
Old 10-17-14, 04:36 PM
LoveThatV8
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There's a main thread about vaistech currently going on. Search and read through the pages. Here's the link:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...io-stream.html

I think there's another brand called GTA car kits, both if I'm not mistaken, can take care of your ordeal. My wife's '06 scion Tc has an aux port but not my '06 gs430? Mannn... I'm assuming our GS at the time was aiming for adults who still wanna use cassette tapes and CDs while the Tc was aiming for young adults like myself who play outta their iPods. Got tired of burning CDs while my wife bumps her music out of her iPhone. Sad world for me. Lol.

I would aim for the aftermarket adapter but I'm putting first priority on a new set of 19" tires to throw on with my Volks. But keep searching my friend, I've always wanted the off-white GS430 but it was pretty rare to come by and got tired of using my wife's Tc so I opted for a silver metallic for $18k. Goodluck my man!!
Old 10-17-14, 05:20 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LoveThatV8
Lol. Love the reliable Japanese V8, hence my username! I've always wanted the torque, just wish it had a manual trans, which would be super sexy if any... or paddle shifters like an M5. But oh wells, just happy I have a 430 for the meantime. Bump up to a 350awd or 430 if you can, don't think it's worth the 71k mileage, no cam, no nav, and the 3.0L motor.
Love: I had meant to respond to you when I read this but forgot to!
But I whole heartedly agree! After thinking about it, i'd really be settling. I just, initially, got caught up in the price, but then thought about how I really didn't LOVE the acceleration and it was a peeve that it didn't have back up or Nav..
I have no idea how to drive manual, so I cant share that appreciation factor you have for wanting a manual with that much power! But I can understand the desire.
I have decided to keep looking though...and am on the look out for a white or silver 350 AWD!! Thanks man!
Old 10-17-14, 05:27 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LoveThatV8
There's a main thread about vaistech currently going on. Search and read through the pages. Here's the link:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...io-stream.html

I think there's another brand called GTA car kits, both if I'm not mistaken, can take care of your ordeal. My wife's '06 scion Tc has an aux port but not my '06 gs430? Mannn... I'm assuming our GS at the time was aiming for adults who still wanna use cassette tapes and CDs while the Tc was aiming for young adults like myself who play outta their iPods. Got tired of burning CDs while my wife bumps her music out of her iPhone. Sad world for me. Lol.

I would aim for the aftermarket adapter but I'm putting first priority on a new set of 19" tires to throw on with my Volks. But keep searching my friend, I've always wanted the off-white GS430 but it was pretty rare to come by and got tired of using my wife's Tc so I opted for a silver metallic for $18k. Goodluck my man!!
Once again man! Right on the head! And thanks so much for that info! This forum has enabled me to learn so much about a car that I don't even own, thanks to very insightful and kind people like yourself! Greatly appreciate it man! And Im sorry...I just cant find it in my heart to feel back for you..as you so sadly whip around town in your Metallic Silver v8 GS...just such sad times..im sure!!! But bro..i told myself..when I do get this car..wheels will be the absolute first on the menu! it just alters the look of an already sexy car and makes it that much more sexy! This car is timeless to me! Just beautiful. And though I love white...mannnn.....that Metallic Silver is right there with it! Simply gorgeous! At $18K.....v8?!?!?!?! Youd have been nuts to turn it down!
Thanks again my friend!
The search continues...
Old 10-17-14, 07:42 PM
darinmg
Driver

The sl3b that I installed is a blue tooth audio system. It pairs automatically with the phone upon startup, just like the car phone system. You push the Disk button on the nav, and it immediately starts playing the last music your phone was running. Don't even have to take your phone out of your pocket. It was $220 and takes about one hour to install. VERY easy to do yourself. Lots of videos on the web to help.
Old 10-17-14, 08:32 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by darinmg
The sl3b that I installed is a blue tooth audio system. It pairs automatically with the phone upon startup, just like the car phone system. You push the Disk button on the nav, and it immediately starts playing the last music your phone was running. Don't even have to take your phone out of your pocket. It was $220 and takes about one hour to install. VERY easy to do yourself. Lots of videos on the web to help.

Its people like you and others that make this friggin forum so awesome!!
Thanks for that man..great, great to know!
Now if I could just get rid of this truck and find a nice GS...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2006 gs300,71.8k: $14999