GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

New Recall 10/15/2014 - Potential Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak

Old 01-12-15, 02:23 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dutchie350

curious, is this fill the tank thing a lexus policy? I had it done at first at my dealer, but now they just wash it...which is nice but not as nice as a wash and gas up .
could be a usa thing.
and you canadians are treated like 2nd class citizens.
Old 01-12-15, 08:37 PM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by pman6
could be a usa thing.
and you canadians are treated like 2nd class citizens.
Every other recall this car has ever had done, I always brought it to them with an empty tank and received it back full. There are a lot of lexus dealers in Toronto and I have tried 'em all. They all filled the tank.

Mine smells like gas the most when I first start it after the car has sat for a day or two and idle it in the driveway... I always figured it's just running rich to start, maybe it's leaking but I doubt it... it wasn't that long ago they already inspected the same gasket for prior recall regarding the same gasket (involving torque).
Old 02-14-15, 11:00 AM
CAK 500
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Remedy Available

The Lexus website says that a remedy is now available. Don't know how long this has been the case ... haven't checked in a while.

Has anyone had it done yet? Am also curious if they need to change the oil as part of the procedure.

Old 02-14-15, 01:51 PM
Bavaria
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Had to take my 07 in yesterday - was hearing a strange sound coming from the engine. Seems a bearing was going in a (the?) belt tensioner pulley. Then they found the water pump needed replacement. They also recommended the serpentine belt be replaced, which I agreed to, Subsequently I was advised they had the wrong pulley, and couldn't complete the repair until Monday. I was given an RX350 for the weekend.
I have 70700 miles on the car. It's 4300 miles and 4 1/2 months shy of the end of its 8 year/75000 mile Platinum extended warranty - how's that for timing (otherwise an $800+ repair bill)?
Oh, getting to the topic - my SA advised they had the repair for the latest recall, and would be scheduling an appointment for me. My decision is to wait until they practice on others' cars first..
Old 02-14-15, 02:39 PM
Othic
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Bavaria
Had to take my 07 in yesterday - was hearing a strange sound coming from the engine. Seems a bearing was going in a (the?) belt tensioner pulley. Then they found the water pump needed replacement. They also recommended the serpentine belt be replaced, which I agreed to, Subsequently I was advised they had the wrong pulley, and couldn't complete the repair until Monday. I was given an RX350 for the weekend.
I have 70700 miles on the car. It's 4300 miles and 4 1/2 months shy of the end of its 8 year/75000 mile Platinum extended warranty - how's that for timing (otherwise an $800+ repair bill)?
Oh, getting to the topic - my SA advised they had the repair for the latest recall, and would be scheduling an appointment for me. My decision is to wait until they practice on others' cars first..
Theres only 1 extra step since the last recall replacing the gasket for the FRPS. Its not difficult. Ill be doing one probably early next week since our dealer just got the SSTs. No need to wait for techs to practice lol
Old 02-16-15, 09:25 PM
energie8
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I went to do the recall a few years ago on the 3gs at DVN Lexus and didn't get a full gas tank lol. Maybe I'll try NorthWest Lexus this time.

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
Every other recall this car has ever had done, I always brought it to them with an empty tank and received it back full. There are a lot of lexus dealers in Toronto and I have tried 'em all. They all filled the tank.

Mine smells like gas the most when I first start it after the car has sat for a day or two and idle it in the driveway... I always figured it's just running rich to start, maybe it's leaking but I doubt it... it wasn't that long ago they already inspected the same gasket for prior recall regarding the same gasket (involving torque).
Old 02-17-15, 01:34 AM
sonnyhood
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

i got the letter in the mail from lexus, and called up i had to have a service.
I asked about the recall they said they arent doing them yet.
I said well i need to have my car serviced anyway, they the nsaid ok we will do the recall at same time.
Had the Major service 180,000kms done, plugs and all fluids.
Car drives a whole lot better and it never does that crunching/rattling noise on cold starts now.
Neither does it buzz when i unlock the car after an overnight park.
Every morning i would open and unlock the car, and hear a buzz like fuel pump charging up.
Now i dont hear it at all, could this be that fuel pressure remains overnight from the night before?
Time will tell, but the car is awesome to drive after the service.
I also get anotehr 100kms per tank of gas. I may need to do an ECU reset cause my KM remaining says 80kms but its 1/4 tank of gas.
Old 02-18-15, 06:07 PM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by energie8
I went to do the recall a few years ago on the 3gs at DVN Lexus and didn't get a full gas tank lol. Maybe I'll try NorthWest Lexus this time.
Maybe they just forgot. I guess I will see about bringing my car in to Ken Shaw for this soon, even though I hate their service department because they have failed every time to satisfy me when I've brought my car there for diagnosis they are by far the closest around.
Old 02-23-15, 11:06 AM
User 121523
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The recall work was added to my regular 5k oil change this past weekend. Got a loaner, and work was done within a day, with wash and gas fill-up. I don't recall hearing any sort of fuel pump priming when unlocking, but I guess precaution never hurts.
Old 02-24-15, 11:08 PM
Tantrix
Lead Lap

I just got this recall done as well, along with the other recall before this. I got a loaner for 3 days and they filled up my tank. Even got a really nice clean car wash.

They only fill up tanks on recall fixes, not maintenance service. Heck if they filled up my tank for every maintenance I do, then I would service my car at the dealer all the time.
Old 02-25-15, 05:58 AM
gr8fulRed
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Tantrix
I just got this recall done as well, along with the other recall before this. I got a loaner for 3 days and they filled up my tank. Even got a really nice clean car wash.

They only fill up tanks on recall fixes, not maintenance service. Heck if they filled up my tank for every maintenance I do, then I would service my car at the dealer all the time.
what was "the other" recall you had done?? was it the "variable-valve timing system gear assembly"?

if so, what kind of symptoms were common which lead to that recall??
Old 02-25-15, 07:15 AM
Gotcha350
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

A clatter noise at start up...very loud...goes away as soon as the engine is running.
Old 02-26-15, 06:19 AM
CAK 500
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tantrix

Good to hear that they treated you well. I've had to remind my SA's at Hendrick Lexus in Charlotte to fill up the tank after the previous recalls. Then I've had to wait an extra 45 minutes while they have someone take it to the gas station.

Do you know if they had to change your oil as part of the recall service?
Old 02-26-15, 07:04 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

im going in tomorrow for my recall

im promised a loaner car and a wash. well see if that comes true. as stated by the service manager "we always provide a loaner car for lengthy services. we dont want any dirt from the hands of our employees on your car so youll get a wash. call it courtesy of lexus"

didn't talk about a full tank so well see. i mean it does have to do with fuel so im sure whatever comes out they better fill back up.

lol
Old 02-26-15, 07:10 AM
gr8fulRed
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by CAK 500
Good to hear that they treated you well. I've had to remind my SA's at Hendrick Lexus in Charlotte to fill up the tank after the previous recalls. Then I've had to wait an extra 45 minutes while they have someone take it to the gas station.

Do you know if they had to change your oil as part of the recall service?

I'm curious to know this as well....as i JUST changed mine out w/full synth two weeks ago.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Recall 10/15/2014 - Potential Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak