GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

New Recall 10/15/2014 - Potential Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-14, 10:48 PM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You can't yet schedule an appointment for this here. When it becomes available I'm going to have to carefully plan my appointment to coincide with an empty tank of gas and an extremely dirty car ... which is a bit difficult for us considering a tank of gas lasts us a pretty long time.
Old 12-21-14, 05:43 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
You can't yet schedule an appointment for this here. When it becomes available I'm going to have to carefully plan my appointment to coincide with an empty tank of gas and an extremely dirty car ... which is a bit difficult for us considering a tank of gas lasts us a pretty long time.

I would never bring in a dirty car for them to wash. They will just smear the dirt and scratch your car up. Swirls galore!

I learned the hard way last time.

Never again.
Old 12-22-14, 02:25 AM
Asav
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by pman6
I would never bring in a dirty car for them to wash. They will just smear the dirt and scratch your car up. Swirls galore!

Never again.
ALWAYS decline the wash.......
Old 12-22-14, 04:32 AM
burny
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

what these distinguished gentlemen said
Old 12-22-14, 06:46 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Just got my interim notice in the mail. Hopefully they give me a new IS loaner.
Old 12-22-14, 07:01 PM
nwb3160
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats correct you cannot take it in yet for the recall BUT since I brought the recall up to the guy while he was checking my lexus in for its oil change he said he would also have the tech check for a gas leak. He said odds are since I was not smelling fumes I wouldnt have one but turns out I did. When they found out it did have a leak they kept it and gave me a car to drive. I will try to find a pic on google.
Old 12-22-14, 11:01 PM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by pman6

Never again.
Whatever, I stopped being so **** about my car years ago... it's 9 years old now. I give it a buff with the polisher maybe once a year if it's lucky, it gets swirled up no matter what you do and there aren't exactly any better options out there for me as far as car washes go in the winter. I just want the salt off of it, go ahead and maybe possibly put a few swirls on my 9 year old car guys... they will come out in the spring (maybe) in preparation for another year of getting swirled up.
Old 12-23-14, 09:00 AM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Whatever, I stopped being so **** about my car years ago... it's 9 years old now. I give it a buff with the polisher maybe once a year if it's lucky, it gets swirled up no matter what you do and there aren't exactly any better options out there for me as far as car washes go in the winter. I just want the salt off of it, go ahead and maybe possibly put a few swirls on my 9 year old car guys... they will come out in the spring (maybe) in preparation for another year of getting swirled up.
I don't know how the rest of the Lexus dealerships are, but the one here in Bellevue, WA has a nice, no-touch wash bay. I still decline, but I looked at one of the cars that came out and it seems pretty snazzy.
Old 12-23-14, 09:36 AM
Gotcha350
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Yep! I'm the same way....a good buffing at the beginning of spring and she will do fine....my car is silver so it doesn't show that much anyway....choose that color for that particular reason...lol

My dealer also has a touchless car wash and they contract the washing and detailing out so....eh...it will do...
Old 01-05-15, 05:40 PM
SCGS350
Rookie

Has there been any update on this recall? I got my letter with the "waiting for remedy" and it usually comes up on MyLexus but that has now been removed, my car shows up as no pending recalls. (?)
Old 01-05-15, 08:32 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by SCGS350
Has there been any update on this recall? I got my letter with the "waiting for remedy" and it usually comes up on MyLexus but that has now been removed, my car shows up as no pending recalls. (?)
Same thing happened to me! Up until a couple of weeks ago I had 2 uncompleted recalls listed there, this one and the one for VVT Actuator (I am waiting for 60K miles so I can get in the new spark plugs while they are working on it).

Anyway, yesterday I checked MyLexus and everything is clear. I called my dealer (Lexus of Portland), they tell me no recalls are pending for my car, but suggested to check toyota.com/recall, which I did. Entered my VIN in there and both recalls popped up immediately.

No remedy available yet, but its coming up any day now, because it's been almost 3 months since it started.
Old 01-06-15, 04:02 PM
SCGS350
Rookie

Originally Posted by arnieosp
Same thing happened to me! Up until a couple of weeks ago I had 2 uncompleted recalls listed there, this one and the one for VVT Actuator (I am waiting for 60K miles so I can get in the new spark plugs while they are working on it).

Anyway, yesterday I checked MyLexus and everything is clear. I called my dealer (Lexus of Portland), they tell me no recalls are pending for my car, but suggested to check toyota.com/recall, which I did. Entered my VIN in there and both recalls popped up immediately.

No remedy available yet, but its coming up any day now, because it's been almost 3 months since it started.
Just checked on that site and the recall is still listed. Wonder why they cleared it from MyLexus. Cool. Guess the waiting continues.
Old 01-09-15, 06:16 AM
dutchie350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nwb3160
Thats correct you cannot take it in yet for the recall BUT since I brought the recall up to the guy while he was checking my lexus in for its oil change he said he would also have the tech check for a gas leak. He said odds are since I was not smelling fumes I wouldnt have one but turns out I did. When they found out it did have a leak they kept it and gave me a car to drive. I will try to find a pic on google.

I've had a fuel odour the last few weeks, maybe even months off and on after warm up idle or coming home and idling. I didn't think much of it (its just gas lol), but then I saw this recall and realized this is the issue I am experiencing. I'll be taking mine in for them to look at.

curious, is this fill the tank thing a lexus policy? I had it done at first at my dealer, but now they just wash it...which is nice but not as nice as a wash and gas up . Maybe I will get one this time. Also curious, what fuel grade do you think they put in? I know our cars call for premium, but they can run on regular. I wouldn't be surprised if they often put regular in, despite telling customer you have to use premium otherwise you may damage your engine.
Old 01-09-15, 07:30 AM
i8thesun
Rookie

Picked up my new-to-me GS350 from a member here yesterday, stuck it in the garage and fired up the propane heater to see what is under all the frozen snow. Now I read about a possible fuel leak? Lol. Guess I better get that looked at. No explosion, so maybe I don't have a leak...yet.
Old 01-12-15, 05:53 AM
Ironman50
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Any further word from Lexus on this recall?

Surprised it was announced in Oct - communicated they were working on remedy - but have heard nothing since my letter 6 weeks ago?

Anyone else who is effected by this recall heard from Lexus?

Quick Reply: New Recall 10/15/2014 - Potential Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak