GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

?: High milage 07 GS350's...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-14, 09:13 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Asav
CRowe - Im not trying to clown you but I am just offering some perspective. I wouldn't roll over the $4500 from the car loan you have now. You said your funds are rather limited and you are going into a car that has 60k + miles on it where you will no doubt need some maintenance and be upside down on your note from the beginning.

Unless it truly doesn't make sense because the old car has a major problem (trans/engine, etc.), I would grind and pay that thing off. The type of loan you are going to get rolling over that much is going to leave you in the red unless you get a sick deal on price or little/no interest APR. Then you will have more money to play with, better interest rate on the new loan/newer model AND get exactly what you want = lower miles and less repair risk exposure. IF something came up, you would have more cash on hand to manage it. This is a stretch goal for you right now. Go light on xmas shopping with your end game in mind, and double back in the summer on this in a much less complicated scenario. Then its an easy move to get exactly the model you have in your gun sights! That note on 19k GS + 4500 rollover +interest +TTL = same as a newer GS+better APR for newer car + you haveing some moeny down + not paying interest on TTL etc becuase you dont have to roll it into the deal to make the sale work. Be patient my friend, you are 1 summer away.
Hey my man...I have to say thank you a great bunch for simply taking the time to compose all of that. One of the many reasons I love this forum is bc of people like you. I didn't take your message as clowning on me at all. You and a few others whom I would consider "forum friends" have spelled out the exact sentiment you did above. To keep it to the point and honest, I just don't have patience and want what I want. But when I simply stop and put my head around what I'm trying to do, I realize it's quite ridiculous! Everything you've said make all the sense in the world which is why the following has happened:
I found out the truck has/had a powertrain/awd/transfer case issue. So I got the highest bidder for the truck and got out of it, and will focus on paying down some credit card debt and save some cash, to be at or pretty close to ground zero debt wise, then start looking again for the coveted GS once again. It just make more sense, and honestly I'm feeling better about everything.
So thanks so much man, really, really appreciate it! Cheers!

Last edited by CRowe14; 11-04-14 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-04-14, 11:57 AM
warandcar
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so crowe14 are you still going to join the GS club?
Old 11-04-14, 01:24 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by warandcar
so crowe14 are you still going to join the GS club?
War...how you doing bro??
As much as I hate to delay and it kind of stings to say this...but I have to put my desires to have this car on a temporary halt. As much as I didn't want to look at the reality of what I was doing, when given some really good perspectives/advice along with simply being logical and using my brain, now just isn't the time for me. Being in this forum definitely didn't help! Seeing all of these photos and hearing you guys speak about your cars! I was trying to force it, when I shouldn't have been.
So to answer your question, I WILL BE IN THE GS CLUB!! It'll just be a while before I can join. Hopefully you, Derinmg, Angus, LoveThatV8, Gotcha350, Kuleaze, Asav and a few others I may have forgotten will still be around so I can get pointers from you guys! Perhaps when I do take the plunge, I can be in the same boat with you and get that 430/460!! The power that V8 has is simply exhilarating! Gotta have it man, will work for it and wont settle! Thanks for all of your advice as well! I'll still be lurking around though..reading, occasionally commenting and learning. This forum is great!

Last edited by CRowe14; 11-04-14 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-04-14, 02:26 PM
LoveThatV8
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where's the like button just like Facebook? Lol, man I'm on here like Sundays newspaper and a hot cup of coffee, got to learn a lot about the car itself. Like reprogramming the unlock of ALL doors whenever i get close to it to finding the fuse box location since my phone charger popped one of the fuses. Went to my local Lexus and they hooked me up with FREE 15amp fuses today! Took care of it, nano waxed it, extreme tire shined it and BAM proud owner of my GS as she sits in the garage looking all s3xy asf.

Otherwise feel free to lurk as always, i was a lurker myself for a whole year before i bought the car & registered as a member. My G35 coupe 6spd manual got totaled on the way to work and got 8 grand and used it as a down payment for my GS. Im sure everyone here has their own stories as well so aside from that... Keep saving up and say hi from time to time!!
Old 11-04-14, 06:19 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LoveThatV8
Where's the like button just like Facebook? Lol, man I'm on here like Sundays newspaper and a hot cup of coffee, got to learn a lot about the car itself. Like reprogramming the unlock of ALL doors whenever i get close to it to finding the fuse box location since my phone charger popped one of the fuses. Went to my local Lexus and they hooked me up with FREE 15amp fuses today! Took care of it, nano waxed it, extreme tire shined it and BAM proud owner of my GS as she sits in the garage looking all s3xy asf.

Otherwise feel free to lurk as always, i was a lurker myself for a whole year before i bought the car & registered as a member. My G35 coupe 6spd manual got totaled on the way to work and got 8 grand and used it as a down payment for my GS. Im sure everyone here has their own stories as well so aside from that... Keep saving up and say hi from time to time!!
Roger that bro! Will definitely do that! Keep that V8 revin' man! Be excellent!