Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

CONTINENTAL PURE CONTACT w Ecco plus - tire Review

Old Today, 06:38 AM   #1
L8Apex
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)

Default CONTINENTAL PURE CONTACT w Ecco plus - tire Review

About 3 weeks ago I switched from Continental extreme contact DWS to their new pure contact with Ecco plus. This "ecco plus" is a design that reduces rolling resistance and in-turn increases efficiency. Now i own a 450h, so I was skeptical on just how well this would perform given when i lift, the car is using a percentage of that momentum to generate power to the battery.

Note: You will notice a difference on day one. My car is equipped with APSSS which will maximize any tires performance in the corners. And I drive and corner pretty hard. i must say that these tires has had a significant effect on my cars performance. The car moves much easier then before and I feel no sacrifice in grip. Granted my old tires had almost 40K miles on them, so that slight deterioration of grip over the years versus these new tires, no doubt make it difficult to compare new DWS vs eccoplus. But from the modest drive home to a spirited sprint at speeds upwards of 105, The car felt incredibly-smoother and softer through the steering wheel. As if my power steering has been refreshed. I've also noticed a slight increase in MPG. I look forward in keeping a closer eye on this from fill up to fill up to see if i pull more MPGs on my daily commute then my previous average of 375 per tank.

So if you're considering new tires for your GS, I think you should consider the Pure contact w Ecco plus. Just wanted to post this as i haven't seen a review in my search and I know quite a few are running the Conti Extremes.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
L8Apex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:47 AM   #2
Sexus99
Driver School Candidate

I had purchases these tires for my g37x. These tires were absolutely fantastic in every weather situation. They were unreal in the snow. thet also have a better warranty than the dws. they are a grand touring tire, but they a v-rated. I would highly recommend these tires to anyone. They will go on my lexus once I need new tires!
Sexus99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:15 AM   #3
L8Apex
Pole Position

Glad to hear the snow performance is on point. Cause in a few more months...
L8Apex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:15 AM