GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Road force tire balancing recommendation in Brooklyn?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-14, 06:56 PM
Steve2424
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Road force tire balancing recommendation in Brooklyn?

At the end of June I purchased Kumho Ecsta tires as the tires I bought the car with developed a bubble on the passenger side tire along with chunks of rubber seemingly breaking off the tiree on both driver and passenger sides -- most likely due to the extensive road work around my area. Terrible experience especially since I've purchased these tires before without any issues, but come to find out (after getting them balanced, re-balanced, and re-balanced again) that on the 4th time I go back to the tire shop, the tread lining of the tire is out of round with the tires rotation -- the treads were snaking side to side while the tire was spinning on the balancing machine.

I received a discount from tire rack for the defective tires and went ahead with Pirelli P Zero Nero's to avoid getting stuck with another defective Kumho product. The majority of the vibration I felt from the experience with the Kumhos almost disappeared, but I'm still sensing some vibration/wobble from my front-end. I read up on some previous posts here and came across a Hunter Road force tire balance? I read up on this solely and was wondering if anyone can recommend a shop that uses this machine. The shops I've gone to had machines which looked like it, but seemed basic in comparison with regards to the tire read out when balancing the tires.

I live in Brooklyn, NY. Is it worth my time to try out Bay Ridge Lexus for this, or would a reputable independent shop be able to handle this? Any recommendations and comments are welcome.

Thanks
Old 09-14-14, 02:00 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Neptune avenue and W 12 has a small good tire shop, they have Road Force balancing, make sure to ask them for it.
Old 09-15-14, 10:05 AM
Steve2424
Driver

^^^ you are the man. Thank you I'm not too far from there either so I'll try getting there today.
Old 09-16-14, 08:47 AM
tbilisi79
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Also you can go on Hunter web site and it will tell you in detail the shops that use their machines.

Road force balancing is great but can run up to 30 a tire.
Old 10-24-14, 04:33 PM
Steve2424
Driver

Originally Posted by tbilisi79
Also you can go on Hunter web site and it will tell you in detail the shops that use their machines.

Road force balancing is great but can run up to 30 a tire.
Awesome. I did not know that this exists to find a location. I have not road force balanced yet because after trying to "diagnose" my issue after several high speed wheel balances (and new set of tires) I came to notice that when I make a U-turn, my car does this little "dip/jerk" when turning the wheel all the way to the left getting me to believe I may have a bad control arm -- coming from a 2001 Maxima notorious for constant suspension issues it dawned on me this may be my issue. The wobbliness I feel is not always the same feeling and sometimes doesn't seem as noticeable.

If say it is the control arm, am I better off having the part rebuilt (if possible) or to get an OEM replacement? I read on another thread to rebuild oem parts due to their better structure and design fit as opposed to a replacement part which may not be adequate enough. Thoughts?

Thanks