Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

iJDM toy HID's

Old 07-27-14, 08:28 AM   #1
jmack2688
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)

Default iJDM toy HID's

Has anyone ever tried these, if so how are they? I that when it comes to HID's you get what you pay for, but these seem pretty good.

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=HID_D4S_D4R
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
jmack2688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-14, 01:21 PM   #2
YogiFTLC
Driver
Trader Score: (1)

A lot of these bulbs are made from the same manufacture and just branded under the sellers name. Personally I haven't gone or tried the ijdmtoy products, so I wont speak for them. I've replaced my bulbs quite frequently in the last year and they've all failed and ended up spending more money just to save a few bucks.

spend a extra 20-30 bucks and get some Garax bulbs. I'm super super pleased with them.
Though I know some say to beware of fake garax bulbs. I got my on ebay through a Seller named mtecpower. Legit

USVIP Vol 3. Cover Car - USDM Magazine Featured.

| Fatlace | Vertex-USA | AirrexSuspensions | Buddha Paint | WedsSport | Megan Racing | Stop-Tech High Performance Brakes | Falken Tire |
YogiFTLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-14, 10:09 PM   #3
jmack2688
Rookie

Cool thanks
Old 07-28-14, 07:26 AM   #4
jmack2688
Rookie

Cool thanks
Old 07-29-14, 12:13 AM   #5
Mistahoo
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack2688 View Post
Has anyone ever tried these, if so how are they? I that when it comes to HID's you get what you pay for, but these seem pretty good.

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/mobile/Prod...de=HID_D4S_D4R
Ijdmtoy has been pretty good to me so far with all the bulbs I bought from them. I haven't bought HID bulbs, but for the most part they're a decent brand
Mistahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-14, 01:10 AM   #6
stiles17
Driver School Candidate

Not into the social media thing. I hate you Zuckerberg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiFTLC View Post
A lot of these bulbs are made from the same manufacture and just branded under the sellers name. Personally I haven't gone or tried the ijdmtoy products, so I wont speak for them. I've replaced my bulbs quite frequently in the last year and they've all failed and ended up spending more money just to save a few bucks.

spend a extra 20-30 bucks and get some Garax bulbs. I'm super super pleased with them.
Though I know some say to beware of fake garax bulbs. I got my on ebay through a Seller named mtecpower. Legit
Agreed on the fakes and rebranded products. I've found the best place to get anything HID-related is The Retrofit Source (TRS). I'm not affiliated with them in any way or form but they truly have outstanding service and they sell TRUE Philips bulbs. I am about to buy a set of Philips CBI bulbs, probably the best $185 you will ever spend on a pair of D4S bulbs. Like Yogi said, spend the extra $$$ and you won't be let down. Get what you pay for; that sort of thing.

TRS also has a brand called Morimoto which I have found to be of stellar quality. I have a pair of 6K Morimoto's in my MDX.

I was actually getting sick and tired of playing the HID game (after spendings hundreds) until finding TRS. I think the guy to contact is Matt or Zach, not sure.
stiles17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-14, 02:54 PM   #7
warandcar
Pole Position

stiles do you have the 6K on the lexus?
warandcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-14, 05:02 PM   #8
Mistahoo
Driver

+1 for Morimoto. They do a lot of lifetime warranties on their products even if you get into an accident. I thought that was pretty cool. Plus they're well known.
Old 07-29-14, 07:17 PM   #9
warandcar
Pole Position

there are also fakes on EBAY. even though they say don't sell them. just make sure you know what to look for...
warandcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-14, 10:29 PM   #10
stiles17
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by warandcar View Post
stiles do you have the 6K on the lexus?
I don't have them on my Lexus but I really am on the fence right now about getting them. Philips offers two sets of bulbs that are both very good. One set are the D4S CBI's (Cool Blue Intense--CBI) which are 5K:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...cbi-49199.html

or the Philips D4S WX Ultinon 6K bulbs:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...d4s-bulbs.html

I'm trying to figure out which bulb will maximize the color flicker effect which has been something of huge difficulty for me to get. I have the AFS system and had TRS replace the stock lenses with clear "Black Series" lenses. That produces a really sharp cutoff. Still wondering how to get a flicker/color shift effect from our projectors though. I do get it a little bit but nothing like an Audi or even a newer high-end GM vehicle (including Cadillac).

I do know the CBI's will give you the look of the newest BMW's and Merc's. They have an excellent reputation.
Old 07-30-14, 03:39 AM   #11
Mistahoo
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiles17 View Post
I don't have them on my Lexus but I really am on the fence right now about getting them. Philips offers two sets of bulbs that are both very good. One set are the D4S CBI's (Cool Blue Intense--CBI) which are 5K:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...cbi-49199.html

or the Philips D4S WX Ultinon 6K bulbs:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...d4s-bulbs.html

I'm trying to figure out which bulb will maximize the color flicker effect which has been something of huge difficulty for me to get. I have the AFS system and had TRS replace the stock lenses with clear "Black Series" lenses. That produces a really sharp cutoff. Still wondering how to get a flicker/color shift effect from our projectors though. I do get it a little bit but nothing like an Audi or even a newer high-end GM vehicle (including Cadillac).

I do know the CBI's will give you the look of the newest BMW's and Merc's. They have an excellent reputation.
I clicked both links, but the top one is a link for Osram bulbs not Phillips. I've been satisfied with Osrams so far. I have the Fogbreakers and they're awesome. Thanks for the link! I won't be replacing my low beams anytime soon, but when I do I'll be getting the Osram CBIs
Old 07-30-14, 03:46 AM   #12
Nigel-JDMParts
Sponsor
Trader Score: (74)

nigeljdmparts nigeljdmparts
Send a message via AIM to Nigel-JDMParts

Philips 6200K bulbs

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/club...ght-bulbs.html

Or

Other Philips or Osram Bulbs

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/club...ght-bulbs.html

E-Mail: info@nigel-jdmparts.com
Like us on Facebook for special promotions
SoCal Installer: Tommy @ Music Box in El Monte
Nigel-JDMParts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-14, 11:29 AM   #13
stiles17
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistahoo View Post
I clicked both links, but the top one is a link for Osram bulbs not Phillips. I've been satisfied with Osrams so far. I have the Fogbreakers and they're awesome. Thanks for the link! I won't be replacing my low beams anytime soon, but when I do I'll be getting the Osram CBIs
You're totally right, I'm sorry for the screw up on that. The CBI's are made by Osram. I think I'm going to go with those. I have just heard too much good news about them. Surely though, go for the 6K by Philips or Morimoto if you are looking for that color. I've seen the Osram CBI's on several different cars in person and the first thing I've thought is "I've got to get those!" I saw a pair of the Philips Ultinon's last night and though they were awesome they just weren't my style. Very nice blue color but not my thing. Having the Morimoto's in the MDX is enough for now.
Old 07-30-14, 11:34 AM   #14
stiles17
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel-JDMParts View Post
Nigel, you're web page is awesome. You've got some excellent stuff on there.
Old 07-30-14, 10:24 PM   #15
YogiFTLC
Driver
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiles17 View Post
Nigel, you're web page is awesome. You've got some excellent stuff on there.
Got my Visors from Nigel. Good guy

USVIP Vol 3. Cover Car - USDM Magazine Featured.

| Fatlace | Vertex-USA | AirrexSuspensions | Buddha Paint | WedsSport | Megan Racing | Stop-Tech High Performance Brakes | Falken Tire |
YogiFTLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-14, 10:24 PM