GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

iJDM toy HID's

Old 07-27-14, 07:28 AM
jmack2688
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default iJDM toy HID's

Has anyone ever tried these, if so how are they? I that when it comes to HID's you get what you pay for, but these seem pretty good.

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=HID_D4S_D4R
Old 07-27-14, 12:21 PM
YogiFTLC
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A lot of these bulbs are made from the same manufacture and just branded under the sellers name. Personally I haven't gone or tried the ijdmtoy products, so I wont speak for them. I've replaced my bulbs quite frequently in the last year and they've all failed and ended up spending more money just to save a few bucks.

spend a extra 20-30 bucks and get some Garax bulbs. I'm super super pleased with them.
Though I know some say to beware of fake garax bulbs. I got my on ebay through a Seller named mtecpower. Legit
Old 07-27-14, 09:09 PM
jmack2688
Driver

Cool thanks
Old 07-28-14, 06:26 AM
jmack2688
Driver

Cool thanks
Old 07-28-14, 11:13 PM
Mistahoo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmack2688
Has anyone ever tried these, if so how are they? I that when it comes to HID's you get what you pay for, but these seem pretty good.

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/mobile/Prod...de=HID_D4S_D4R
Ijdmtoy has been pretty good to me so far with all the bulbs I bought from them. I haven't bought HID bulbs, but for the most part they're a decent brand
Old 07-29-14, 12:10 AM
stiles17
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by YogiFTLC
A lot of these bulbs are made from the same manufacture and just branded under the sellers name. Personally I haven't gone or tried the ijdmtoy products, so I wont speak for them. I've replaced my bulbs quite frequently in the last year and they've all failed and ended up spending more money just to save a few bucks.

spend a extra 20-30 bucks and get some Garax bulbs. I'm super super pleased with them.
Though I know some say to beware of fake garax bulbs. I got my on ebay through a Seller named mtecpower. Legit
Agreed on the fakes and rebranded products. I've found the best place to get anything HID-related is The Retrofit Source (TRS). I'm not affiliated with them in any way or form but they truly have outstanding service and they sell TRUE Philips bulbs. I am about to buy a set of Philips CBI bulbs, probably the best $185 you will ever spend on a pair of D4S bulbs. Like Yogi said, spend the extra $$$ and you won't be let down. Get what you pay for; that sort of thing.

TRS also has a brand called Morimoto which I have found to be of stellar quality. I have a pair of 6K Morimoto's in my MDX.

I was actually getting sick and tired of playing the HID game (after spendings hundreds) until finding TRS. I think the guy to contact is Matt or Zach, not sure.
Old 07-29-14, 01:54 PM
warandcar
Lead Lap

stiles do you have the 6K on the lexus?
Old 07-29-14, 04:02 PM
Mistahoo
Driver

+1 for Morimoto. They do a lot of lifetime warranties on their products even if you get into an accident. I thought that was pretty cool. Plus they're well known.
Old 07-29-14, 06:17 PM
warandcar
Lead Lap

there are also fakes on EBAY. even though they say don't sell them. just make sure you know what to look for...
Old 07-29-14, 09:29 PM
stiles17
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by warandcar
stiles do you have the 6K on the lexus?
I don't have them on my Lexus but I really am on the fence right now about getting them. Philips offers two sets of bulbs that are both very good. One set are the D4S CBI's (Cool Blue Intense--CBI) which are 5K:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...cbi-49199.html

or the Philips D4S WX Ultinon 6K bulbs:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...d4s-bulbs.html

I'm trying to figure out which bulb will maximize the color flicker effect which has been something of huge difficulty for me to get. I have the AFS system and had TRS replace the stock lenses with clear "Black Series" lenses. That produces a really sharp cutoff. Still wondering how to get a flicker/color shift effect from our projectors though. I do get it a little bit but nothing like an Audi or even a newer high-end GM vehicle (including Cadillac).

I do know the CBI's will give you the look of the newest BMW's and Merc's. They have an excellent reputation.
Old 07-30-14, 02:39 AM
Mistahoo
Driver

Originally Posted by stiles17
I don't have them on my Lexus but I really am on the fence right now about getting them. Philips offers two sets of bulbs that are both very good. One set are the D4S CBI's (Cool Blue Intense--CBI) which are 5K:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...cbi-49199.html

or the Philips D4S WX Ultinon 6K bulbs:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...d4s-bulbs.html

I'm trying to figure out which bulb will maximize the color flicker effect which has been something of huge difficulty for me to get. I have the AFS system and had TRS replace the stock lenses with clear "Black Series" lenses. That produces a really sharp cutoff. Still wondering how to get a flicker/color shift effect from our projectors though. I do get it a little bit but nothing like an Audi or even a newer high-end GM vehicle (including Cadillac).

I do know the CBI's will give you the look of the newest BMW's and Merc's. They have an excellent reputation.
I clicked both links, but the top one is a link for Osram bulbs not Phillips. I've been satisfied with Osrams so far. I have the Fogbreakers and they're awesome. Thanks for the link! I won't be replacing my low beams anytime soon, but when I do I'll be getting the Osram CBIs
Old 07-30-14, 02:46 AM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Philips 6200K bulbs

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...ght-bulbs.html

Or

Other Philips or Osram Bulbs

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...ght-bulbs.html
Old 07-30-14, 10:29 AM
stiles17
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mistahoo
I clicked both links, but the top one is a link for Osram bulbs not Phillips. I've been satisfied with Osrams so far. I have the Fogbreakers and they're awesome. Thanks for the link! I won't be replacing my low beams anytime soon, but when I do I'll be getting the Osram CBIs
You're totally right, I'm sorry for the screw up on that. The CBI's are made by Osram. I think I'm going to go with those. I have just heard too much good news about them. Surely though, go for the 6K by Philips or Morimoto if you are looking for that color. I've seen the Osram CBI's on several different cars in person and the first thing I've thought is "I've got to get those!" I saw a pair of the Philips Ultinon's last night and though they were awesome they just weren't my style. Very nice blue color but not my thing. Having the Morimoto's in the MDX is enough for now.
Old 07-30-14, 10:34 AM
stiles17
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Nigel-JDMParts
Nigel, you're web page is awesome. You've got some excellent stuff on there.
Old 07-30-14, 09:24 PM
YogiFTLC
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by stiles17
Nigel, you're web page is awesome. You've got some excellent stuff on there.
Got my Visors from Nigel. Good guy

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: iJDM toy HID's