GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2007 Lexus GS 350 vs 2007 Honda Accord (V6)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-14, 09:50 PM
Shrewd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Lexus GS 350 vs 2007 Honda Accord (V6)

Hi guys, I am in the market to buy a vehicle and stuck between these two lovely cars. I have done much research on both cars and cannot decide. I have not test driven any of these cars yet but just wanted to get your honest opinions on these two cars. I you were faced with deciding on to buy a vehicle which one would it be between the Honda and the Lexus.

I am very interested in performance and the quality of the ride. Thanks

Last edited by Shrewd; 07-05-14 at 10:23 PM.
Old 07-05-14, 10:08 PM
monkey92
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

in my opinion if the prices are similar i would go with the lexus. i havent sat or driven the 07 accord but i would bet that the lexus would be more refined since its a luxury sedan versus a honda accord. and also because the GS is rwd and not fwd.
Old 07-05-14, 10:17 PM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Hands down, the GS350!!! Having been a Honda owner for over 10 years, I recently purchased a 08 GS350 and man what a car... Ride is amazing, but more importantly, the power is much better in the Lexus.

I still own a Honda Odyssey, yes I know, it's a mini-van, but I have 3 kids! My previous Honda was an Accord (2 door). It had nowhere near the pick of my GS. Also, even though I've owned many Honda vehicles, my biggest gripe with them has always been comfort. I put up with it, cause they're reliable. But so is Toyota, so go with the GS350 and I think you'll be very pleased!!
Old 07-05-14, 10:22 PM
YaMomma
Driver

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

GS all the way, I would be surprised if anyone votes for the Honda on a Lexus forum. Your also comparing two different types of cars. Lexus may be made by Toyota but Scion is to. If you want to compare the two manufactures then Acura is a better comparison to Lexus. Honda however isn't in the same league as Lexus.
Old 07-08-14, 03:59 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Just don't ask the same question on a Honda forum. GS all the way, hands down, no questions asked. My parents have the same Accord, but it's not even a fair comparison between the two. Though the Honda is well built, it just seems cheap and noisy compared to the GS.
Old 07-08-14, 04:32 PM
3ZERO3
Rookie

I can't believe these two cars are in the same price category. GS!
Old 07-08-14, 08:31 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Apples to oranges...
Old 07-09-14, 12:23 AM
YaMomma
Driver

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 3ZERO3
I can't believe these two cars are in the same price category. GS!
That's the funny thing, they are not even close to the same price. If the Honda was fully loaded with low miles and the Lexus didn't have any features with high miles it would still be around 3k - 5k more. If the two cars are equally equipped the Lexus is around 10k more.

There is no way in the world he found a Lexus and Honda in the same price range unless the Lexus is a salvage title.
Old 07-09-14, 08:43 AM
3ZERO3
Rookie

Originally Posted by YaMomma
That's the funny thing, they are not even close to the same price. If the Honda was fully loaded with low miles and the Lexus didn't have any features with high miles it would still be around 3k - 5k more. If the two cars are equally equipped the Lexus is around 10k more.

There is no way in the world he found a Lexus and Honda in the same price range unless the Lexus is a salvage title.
It does seem suspect.
Old 07-09-14, 09:28 AM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Honestly it really depends on the options that are on the honda. The 07 is the 7th gen accord so it has the more egg shaped design. I had an 05 and my sister stil has her 07 and I honestly I miss the simplicity of it. Everything was at arms reach and straight to the point. Not the most tech savvy car but any dummy can operate everything. Best part about it is that NOTHING BROKE...EVER!!! (at least on mine since i took well care of it) If you got an accord with leather and all the bells and whistles, I honestly would put the accord over the GS. Its FAR more affordable in cost of maintenance as well as anything else that can come to mind. (fuel, accidents, recalls, service). Not to mention the V6 6-speed manual option. Also if you mod, the accord has a MUCH LARGER aftermarket support. I know because I did mod my accord.

The GS on the other hand will give you a more luxury feel since its a lexus, it has the 3.5 engine is more powerful and comes in the RWD/AWD option which may be a positive depending on where you live. It probably would cost more with fuel, insurance, maintenance (may or may not make a difference depending on where you go), and service. Handling you cant really compare because if you got the AWD, it would OWN FWD/RWD anyday. The GS is more luxury compared to the accord as a commuter car.

If I had to do it all over again to choose a reliable DD that you may or may not modify, I would choose the accord (IF IT HAD ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES, nav, leather, 6 speed manual). The GS would end up costing more over time. Im realizing that with my IS even though I love the car. I like simple and easy when it comes to car. If it was me, all cars would come with 1000 HP but still have a 1960's classic radio setup

Last edited by NYKnick101; 07-09-14 at 09:34 AM.
Old 07-10-14, 09:56 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

I would get the GS over the Accord also....

If you were to compare the 2012-2014 accord? The latest gen with all the new perks? THEN we're in business. It's faster, more economical, more perks (sideview cameras and all that). It's decently comfortable (obviously not AS comfy as the GS). Also gets tons more mpg's in the city, last I checked 26 was easy with my buddy whomping the gas around town.

The only reason why I wouldn't get the new accord would be the FWD, I don't like it and don't plan on putting myself in one again in the future.

GL!
Old 07-10-14, 02:56 PM
alSpeed2k
Driver

Originally Posted by YaMomma

^this! If both were in similar conditions and in the same price range, no question, buy the Lexus. But regardless, test drive them both and let us know what you think.
Old 07-10-14, 09:35 PM
dimko61
Driver School Candidate

I was a happy owner of a 08' Honda Accord EX-L V6 Coupe for few years but I just sold the Honda, It was replaced by 07' Lexus GS 350 AWD.. After driving the Lexus for few months, the Lexus is just a much smother, faster, quieter, and a funner car to drive. The extra 50 Cents for premium fuel is worth it.

On a side note I was also disappointed about Honda. It has one design flaw with the motor, Honda put a freaking timing belt instead of a timing chain on it's V6 motor?????

At least the Lexus has the chain and one less maintenance you gotta worry about.

GO for the LEXUS I did.
Old 07-11-14, 08:46 AM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dimko61
I was a happy owner of a 08' Honda Accord EX-L V6 Coupe for few years but I just sold the Honda, It was replaced by 07' Lexus GS 350 AWD.. After driving the Lexus for few months, the Lexus is just a much smother, faster, quieter, and a funner car to drive. The extra 50 Cents for premium fuel is worth it.

On a side note I was also disappointed about Honda. It has one design flaw with the motor, Honda put a freaking timing belt instead of a timing chain on it's V6 motor?????

At least the Lexus has the chain and one less maintenance you gotta worry about.

GO for the LEXUS I did.
Honda ran timing belts on the majority of their engines for a long time because belts have some advantages over timing chains. Timing belts run quieter, is more efficient and engines often produce less emissions. A timing belt will not stretch over time, whereas a chain will wear and offset timing and degrade performance over time (depending on the vehicle, that may or may not even be noticeable). A timing belt system requires much less internal engineering, and simpler usually translates into fewer thing that could break down the road.

Chains although have the upper hand because belts can break without external warning signs, other than age. They do have a much shorter lifespan, but changing a belt costs much less than changing a chain. A timing chain will probably last the life of the vehicle, but with more engineering involved in maintaining the operation of the chain, and if a timing chain ever snaps, chances are more things will break in the engine than not.

Personally, I prefer the belts but that's just me
Old 07-11-14, 12:38 PM
LexFather

Honestly this shouldn't be a serious question.

Quick Reply: 2007 Lexus GS 350 vs 2007 Honda Accord (V6)