GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Subwoofer install using Audiocontrol LC2i to ML System

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-14, 04:01 PM
dellexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys,

Not been much help here yet but thought I would post this for future reference for other GS owners.

Installed:
Orion HCCA 10" D4 wired into 2OHM - 1500rms (in a sealed enclosure)
Hifonics Brutus BRE2000.1 (2OHM 1400rms-going to change to a Rockford Fosgate t1500)
Boss 3.5 Farad Power Capacitor
Audiocontrol LC2i
4 AWG wiring kit

Before I start I would like to thank GoKou for his help, also would like to help the other guys who had topics regarding aftermarket subwoofer installation into the 3GS.

Signal was tapped from the factory ML subwoofer and split the signal into two (2 sets of - and +) and fed it into the LC2i left and right inputs (initially installed LOC by an installer but then bought the LC2i and installed myself, first LOC fried then installed another LOC then the LC2i)

The remote wire from the factory ML amplifier (i think it was the grey wire) ref was from a previous post on here.

Tuning up the LC2i was abit fiddly but then I got the hang of it and now the added bass is amazing (I really mean amazing, no more bass roll off after volume 48 - first LOC bass rolled off at volume 40 second LOC was at 48 dont know why)

On my ML system the Bass is set flat, Mids flat and Treble near the top.

Adding the sub has really done the job the factory system was lacking in (that extra thump), I installed the bass **** which was supplied with the Hifonics amplifier and can add the extra bass boost if I need to, also not to forget bought a cigarette lighter volt meter which I plugged into the port next to the gearshift.

I will post up pictures of the setup tomorrow, have not yet mounted the LC2i but will do tomorrow and also add a video (if i can).

I also have no issues with lights dimming whatsover (I will be replacing my current battery with a Stinger battery)

Very impressed with the LC2i a must have.

Once again would like to thank Gokou for his help and to the other forum members who had posted previously.

Last edited by dellexus; 05-17-14 at 04:19 PM.
The following users liked this post:
doitup (09-14-22)
Old 05-18-14, 06:10 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

these product work great with the ML I wish I would have went Audio control instead of JL
Old 05-18-14, 06:24 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

NP buddy, great choice on swapping that crapfonics amp out for a nice T1500, efficient and very well designed "big boy" amp!

You might need runs of 1/0 rather than 4-gauge wiring though.... Alongside that, you should trash that boss 3.5 farad... It's really limiting your system, unless you're running something massive like ultracaps as a capacitor bank.
Old 05-18-14, 09:03 AM
dellexus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
NP buddy, great choice on swapping that crapfonics amp out for a nice T1500, efficient and very well designed "big boy" amp!

You might need runs of 1/0 rather than 4-gauge wiring though.... Alongside that, you should trash that boss 3.5 farad... It's really limiting your system, unless you're running something massive like ultracaps as a capacitor bank.
I will do 0awg once the Rockford Fosgate goes in.

I was thinking of getting rid of the cap as a whole since im going to put the stinger battery in.

After a long time its really nice and hot here London, have to take the kids out to the park and a ice cream.

Once I finish I will post up pictures.
Old 05-18-14, 09:06 AM
dellexus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by swtjlsy
these product work great with the ML I wish I would have went Audio control instead of JL
I was thinking about going the JL cleansweep way or even the JBL but i wanted to retain my volume control through factory system but after speaking to Gokou i realised i cant retain the factory speaker controls hence i decided to go with the AC LC2i.

I have to be honest it is a really nice addition and does the job really nicely by adding the lost bass back.
Old 05-20-14, 01:27 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Definitely keep us updated! If I missed this thread PM me! I'm always interested in seeing trunk setups. I don't know why lol.
Old 05-20-14, 01:37 PM
dapimpee
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I replaced all the ML speakers and subs with aftermarkets and yes Audio Control LC2i a must have. I dont think you cant run with out it.
Old 05-20-14, 01:40 PM
dapimpee
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dellexus
I was thinking about going the JL cleansweep way or even the JBL but i wanted to retain my volume control through factory system but after speaking to Gokou i realised i cant retain the factory speaker controls hence i decided to go with the AC LC2i.

I have to be honest it is a really nice addition and does the job really nicely by adding the lost bass back.
Glad that you didnt pick JL cleansweep, AC lc2i works better. At least, that what my installer told me and he's a good friend of mine.
Old 05-20-14, 02:38 PM
Simmsled
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just so you know, you aren't getting anywhere near the RMS rating you think you are.
Need hi-output alternator to achieve this, otherwise you are going to just simply drain the **** out of the charging system and tax the alternator to oblivion. Also, I bet you likely have around a 1/4 to 3/4 volt drop across that 4 AWG connection. The cap is likely not doing much for you, as that amp has a regulated power supply on-board. That amp is capable of drawing 200 amps at near 14v, our cars' charging system is not up to the task for that much load.
Old 05-20-14, 04:01 PM
dellexus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Simmsled
Just so you know, you aren't getting anywhere near the RMS rating you think you are.
Need hi-output alternator to achieve this, otherwise you are going to just simply drain the **** out of the charging system and tax the alternator to oblivion. Also, I bet you likely have around a 1/4 to 3/4 volt drop across that 4 AWG connection. The cap is likely not doing much for you, as that amp has a regulated power supply on-board. That amp is capable of drawing 200 amps at near 14v, our cars' charging system is not up to the task for that much load.
Lol I know

Thats why my gains aint turned up toooo much...just enough for my liking.