GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

couple things...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-14, 08:50 AM
Brolic
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best thing for you to do is sell it and get another if you don't like it at all with all the complaints you giving.
Old 04-12-14, 08:52 AM
Brolic
Rookie

Did you expected the GS to perform like an is-f? Again you bought a car that's not meant for handling like a sport sedan would. Should of gotten the new GS
Old 04-12-14, 07:43 PM
XxGoKoUxX
Forum Moderator

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

I think we should all just drop it, I don't think OP will ever return again
Old 04-12-14, 10:22 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

The guy only posted once, biching about his Lexus. Does anybody else smell a troll?
Old 04-13-14, 05:20 AM
DrewGS350
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
I think we should all just drop it, I don't think OP will ever return again
I suspect the same. Hope he finds a solution that he can live with.
Old 04-13-14, 07:39 AM
SLVRGS
Lead Lap

Default 3rd Generation GS

I kind of am on the same page with you on my 09 AWD, though it is pretty quick and responsefull at times, prob depends on the mode you drive it in. But not too advanced technology wise, with some 15k american cars having some superior tech toys. The car is pretty noisy, revs loud, fan/glove box rattle is obnoxious, then I lowered mine with 20s, so shakes and rattles, but looks damn good! It had a pretty nice ride stock but I owned a 1st generation, a 2nd Generation and stepped up and spent almost 2x the amount as I paid for my previous GS's, totally loved my previous GS's, but I am not in love with my 3rd generation at all, almost paid off and might leave the brand for a bit partly because of just not loving the car and my local dealer screwin me around with an issue. Funny that all these guys are tearing you up for you just venting, you are obvious a long time lexus owner, owned 2 lexus vehicles just may have had higher expectations as I did. I wish they had the low lease rates back when I bought mine as they do now, I would have saved a bunch of cash.
Old 04-13-14, 12:25 PM
3gsJaayyyy
Driver

Originally Posted by SLVRGS
I kind of am on the same page with you on my 09 AWD, though it is pretty quick and responsefull at times, prob depends on the mode you drive it in. But not too advanced technology wise, with some 15k american cars having some superior tech toys. The car is pretty noisy, revs loud, fan/glove box rattle is obnoxious, then I lowered mine with 20s, so shakes and rattles, but looks damn good! It had a pretty nice ride stock but I owned a 1st generation, a 2nd Generation and stepped up and spent almost 2x the amount as I paid for my previous GS's, totally loved my previous GS's, but I am not in love with my 3rd generation at all, almost paid off and might leave the brand for a bit partly because of just not loving the car and my local dealer screwin me around with an issue. Funny that all these guys are tearing you up for you just venting, you are obvious a long time lexus owner, owned 2 lexus vehicles just may have had higher expectations as I did. I wish they had the low lease rates back when I bought mine as they do now, I would have saved a bunch of cash.
My car is lowered on 20's it shakes but no rattles. The thing that bugs me, is when people complain about the ride after they lowered thier car. What did you expect,the ride to get a lot smoother? Everyones jumping on the OP, because hes comparing apples and oranges. It doesn't matter how long hes owned a lexus. It pretty obvious he didnt research the car before buying it. He sounds like a spoiled little girl. Whats he think, crying about it on a forum is gonna fix it? Quit your *****ing and go do something about it.
Old 04-13-14, 02:13 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 3gsJaayyyy
The thing that bugs me, is when people complain about the ride after they lowered thier car. What did you expect,the ride to get a lot smoother?
Your ride didn't improve when you went with air?
Old 04-13-14, 03:07 PM
3gsJaayyyy
Driver

Originally Posted by Schmexus
Your ride didn't improve when you went with air?
That statement is for static guys. Yes, my ride is a lot smoother then static. You dont hear guys on air complaining about how rough our ride is. I read a lot about guys lowering their car an inch or two on coilovers. Complaining about how crappy their ride got. Dont they realize they bought suspension with stiffer springs and shocks??
Old 04-13-14, 03:21 PM
SLVRGS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 3gsJaayyyy
My car is lowered on 20's it shakes but no rattles. The thing that bugs me, is when people complain about the ride after they lowered thier car. What did you expect,the ride to get a lot smoother? Everyones jumping on the OP, because hes comparing apples and oranges. It doesn't matter how long hes owned a lexus. It pretty obvious he didnt research the car before buying it. He sounds like a spoiled little girl. Whats he think, crying about it on a forum is gonna fix it? Quit your *****ing and go do something about it.
Is that the thing that bugs you? About when people lower their cars Ha! I have lowered one one my previous GS's, I have another lowered car, I have slammed air suspension on my harley, you think I didnt understand it might compromise the ride? My issue was most people down played the shimmy and shake issue in my opinion when lowering the AWD GSs and just not happy with it. Its a forum on the internet let the guy whine and cry, he wasnt talkin to you specifically, funny you are one of those internet tough guys who tells it like it is, right! I am sure your advice is appreciated on here, no wonder I haven't been active on this forum in almost a decade.
Old 04-13-14, 06:31 PM
3gsJaayyyy
Driver

Cool story bro! I can also start listing all the cars I currently own and have owned in the past, ducatis and harleys. But that'll be redundant to this post. Also, if I come to a forum and ask a question. I sure hope people would tell me the truth and tell me like it is. Not tell me in hand signs or interpretive dance. As for my statement, "what did you expect, the ride to get a lot smoother?" Was a general statement to those who complain about lowering their car. Not directed towards you. So get your panties out your ***. Calling me an Internet tough guy, not sure if thats a complement or an insult. Because you sound like an Internet tough guy yourself. Im sure you're a tough guy in person too. Oh wait...you ride a Harley and from Chicago. Say whats up to Kanye for me. For some advice, if you wanna get into a **** measuring contest. This is not the place for it. I suggest you go to Hondatech. Im sure youd get real far there.

Good day Sir!