GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Daytime running Lights Change

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-14, 08:35 AM
Twizgs
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Daytime running Lights Change

Has anyone changed their Daytime running lights on their 3rd gen GS? Thinking about making a switch, but my only hold up is I don't want the daytime running lights brighter than the headlight HID or be a different shade of ultra white if that makes sense. I have seen some folks do it...however it didn't look right lol.
Old 04-08-14, 08:50 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Twizgs
Has anyone changed their Daytime running lights on their 3rd gen GS? Thinking about making a switch, but my only hold up is I don't want the daytime running lights brighter than the headlight HID or be a different shade of ultra white if that makes sense. I have seen some folks do it...however it didn't look right lol.
i changed mine to yellow bulbs and its pretty bright. at night when I want it on I keep my highbeams lit and it doesn't blind anyone.

I changed the running lights (the 194 small ones when your headlights are on) to amber to match the signals.
Old 04-08-14, 09:07 AM
Twizgs
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by uberEJ
i changed mine to yellow bulbs and its pretty bright. at night when I want it on I keep my highbeams lit and it doesn't blind anyone.

I changed the running lights (the 194 small ones when your headlights are on) to amber to match the signals.
I want my daytime running lights white instead of yellow. Do you have any pics?
Old 04-08-14, 09:27 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Twizgs
I want my daytime running lights white instead of yellow. Do you have any pics?
i didn't want to do the daytime lights white because it was hard to tell if it was on during the day.

i want to do the night time runners white but i couldn't find my LEDs for it... just found the amber.

I can grab one real quick when the clouds come again so you can really see and notice a difference. if not ill have to get one tonight lol

Last edited by uberEJ; 04-08-14 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-08-14, 09:30 AM
Twizgs
Pit Crew

i didn't want to do the daytime lights white because it was hard to tell if it was on during the day.

i want to do the night time runners white but i couldn't find my LEDs for it... just found the amber.

I can grab one real quick when the clouds come again so you can really see and notice a difference lol
LOL cool Thanks
Old 04-08-14, 10:19 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

To get proper functionality, you'll either have to attempt using LEDs, losing high beam functionality, or HIDs, to match the HIDs.... They'll be brighter than your HIDs, but they are not suppose to be on UNLESS you high-beam someone.

You can also use the yellow bulbs, as more realistically they'll show YELLOW rather than the cheap blue bulbs that will show orange/blue.
Old 04-08-14, 10:22 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
To get proper functionality, you'll either have to attempt using LEDs, losing high beam functionality, or HIDs, to match the HIDs.... They'll be brighter than your HIDs, but they are not suppose to be on UNLESS you high-beam someone.

You can also use the yellow bulbs, as more realistically they'll show YELLOW rather than the cheap blue bulbs that will show orange/blue.
fosho but definitely my high beams still work, its just not as bright as the regular high beams due to the hue if that makes any sense. lol
Old 04-08-14, 10:51 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

here we go... got some clouds come over. ill still need to do a night shot because you can really see much bet here...

when the headlights are off and daytimes are on

when headlights on and nightrunners(whatever these lights are called lol) on. cant really see it much.

here is the color of them. they definitely stand out at night and look pretty decent to me since it matches the signals on the sides. im planning to change this to cool white though
Old 04-09-14, 08:56 AM
Twizgs
Pit Crew

here we go... got some clouds come over. ill still need to do a night shot because you can really see much bet here...

when the headlights are off and daytimes are on

when headlights on and nightrunners(whatever these lights are called lol) on. cant really see it much.

here is the color of them. they definitely stand out at night and look pretty decent to me since it matches the signals on the sides. im planning to change this to cool white though
Oh cool! Thanks Nice color GS. I like the lights I actually think I like the yellow more after looking at your pictures!
Old 04-09-14, 09:27 AM
PhantomV
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My DRL's are Cree LED's 55w and look amazingly bright but not super bright when used as high beams. the wedge (194) are LED's White also. I don't know how to post pictures to show you sorry
Old 04-09-14, 10:02 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PhantomV
My DRL's are Cree LED's 55w and look amazingly bright but not super bright when used as high beams. the wedge (194) are LED's White also. I don't know how to post pictures to show you sorry
upload pictures to photobucket

reply to thread

get url of picture and post on thread.

hopefully that helps. would definitely like to see it.
Old 04-09-14, 12:14 PM
PhantomV
Rookie

upload pictures to photobucket

reply to thread

get url of picture and post on thread.

hopefully that helps. would definitely like to see it.
appreciate the help.

Here is a pick i took over the winter. I can take better ones if you guys like. i don't have a picture of the 194's yet.

Old 04-09-14, 07:40 PM
RedlexGs
Driver School Candidate

https://www.clublexus.com/g/picture/325218

i want to change mine out too!
Old 04-09-14, 08:29 PM
Synergy001
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice...I just ordered LED's for my 194 bulbs. I put in some regular "HID" bulbs and the output wasn't bright when headlights were on. These are the crappy bulbs. Can't wait for the LED's...
Attached Thumbnails Daytime running Lights Change-photogrid_1396413067188.jpg  
Old 04-10-14, 04:57 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PhantomV
appreciate the help.

Here is a pick i took over the winter. I can take better ones if you guys like. i don't have a picture of the 194's yet.

niiiice! im going to order some cool whites and see how they look.

Quick Reply: Daytime running Lights Change