GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Thoughts on Stance wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-14, 05:02 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Thoughts on Stance wheels?

Not sure if anyone has any experience or knowledge of this wheel company that anyone can share but was browsing around and saw for 2014 a new model SC8 wheel they just came out with. What do you guys think? This wheel really grabbed my attention and now I can't decide if I want to go with this wheel or go with some Vossens like I was originally planning on.

Lexus GS350 F-Sport on Stance Sc-8 mesh concave wheels Front & Rear: 20x10

Front 20x10 Stance SC-8 in Slate Grey on Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Front View of BMW F32 435I on Stance SC-8 mesh concave wheels in Silver Machined

Old 03-31-14, 08:49 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

They're okay built wheels from my light reading.... Nothing special and I guess durable enough? Do a google on them and you'll see.

GL!
Old 04-03-14, 06:15 AM
Asav
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't run stance wheels or Vossens FWIW. I run Ace convex 20's staggered and love them . I don't care how much wheels cost or the name brand at all so I am totally unbiased here.

These stance wheels look good; and if that is your top priority, then you should purchase. The caveat is: I found no warranty information about Stance products whatsoever...not even on their own website. I did a little research on this issue just for my curiosity. All I could find is one vendor who claimed stance offers 1 year on the finish and 5 years on wheel structure. I'm not sure if that is correct or not, as I said it came from the vendor site. I also found a couple of warranty issues, exposed on other forums, where buyers either contacted Stance directly, or through their actual wheel seller, and got no response. In contrast, I know the Vossen folks support customer issues timely and thoroughly simply based on what I have observed in THIS forum as a member; and the Vossen site is very transparent about their warranty. See the following: "These high standards allow us to provide an industry leading 5 year workmanship warranty and a lifetime structural warranty, which proves we stand behind our product 100%.

Within the first 5 years of ownership, if any defects in material or workmanship arise under normal and reasonable use when properly installed and maintained, Vossen Wheels will replace or refinish your wheels free of charge. Our lifetime structural warranty will guarantee the replacement of your wheel in the event of a structural failure caused by a manufacturer defect"

I have had successful warranty issues with wheels before so i understand the value here. If these wheels are roughly 2k a set ,at a quick glance, you may as well pony up a little more cash to get the warm and fuzzy of the a company that makes great looking wheels and stands behind their product. If these where, $250-$300 a pop, i would say take your chances and use them for a beater set if you have issues. However, this seems straight forward to me. I'd buy the vossens.