Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3GS owner vehicles

Ej's GS Build

Old 04-02-14, 05:34 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

after going to so many places I finally got the stock wheels put on.

Toyota, firestone, American tire, goodyear, and NTB couldn't get the wheel of with their machines. they didn't want to break the TPMS. the 20s I had on where so stupid that the valve stem was on the inside of the wheel (towards the center of the car) causing the TPMS to be mounted against the wall inside the tires. these wheels are stupid. so I took it to one place Toyota couldn't think of, discount tire. had no problems and got them mounted! free of charge

never thought id say this but I love my stock wheels!
Old 04-02-14, 05:48 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

I was finally able to get a video of the ticking that I'm hearing since I bought the car that I really annoy. waiting for it to finish uploading.
Old 04-02-14, 06:38 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Here is the ticking noise that kinda bugs me for owning a lexus. can anyone verify with me if this is normal? I was told a valve adjustment is not needed because the newer cars are running something along the rockers, Like a magnet, that aligns itself and valve adjustments are never needed.

Old 04-02-14, 06:55 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by uberEJ
lol not rich man... I sold my civic for a good amount so I can buy the car and order the wheels all I can say is at least your bagged! itll be a minute before I can bag the gs. I just thought to myself, "lower on stock wheels with springs, order the most expensive to the least expensive of the parts to the build(wheels->Accuair->Airrex struts->camber kits), and in the meantime I can do little expenses like a lip roof spoiler, etc."

its been so cold here haven't been working on the trailer much, but I definitely will post the process once I get back to it. but heres a quickie from a few weeks back

its frame blueprint is the same as my buddies trailer... difference is im doing hardwood floors to match the wood grain on in the gs, and bags.
You've got quite a journey ahead! You have no idea how long it took me to bag the GS.... I believe it was 2 years total? The BCRs just sat there, for months and months and months, I walked in and out of the garage looking at'em everyday going.... Should I just say fk it and install'em anyways? Ride static? Then I told myself NO, must get'em done soon so I can finish the long waited project, 2 years later, bags were done lol.... The air management was another story.... I nagged swtjlsy for a whole week over the accuair system and finally jumped the gun, not one regret since .

man I miss my ep =(

Boosted Ep dyno tune - YouTube
I miss my Miata .

It's ok though, I'll eventually pick another one up and do a full build on it again later on in life

after going to so many places I finally got the stock wheels put on.

Toyota, firestone, American tire, goodyear, and NTB couldn't get the wheel of with their machines. they didn't want to break the TPMS. the 20s I had on where so stupid that the valve stem was on the inside of the wheel (towards the center of the car) causing the TPMS to be mounted against the wall inside the tires. these wheels are stupid. so I took it to one place Toyota couldn't think of, discount tire. had no problems and got them mounted! free of charge

never thought id say this but I love my stock wheels!
lmao, that IS retarded.... So there's no valve stems like a normal wheel? It's backwards? I can't seem to picture it right in my head.

Here is the ticking noise that kinda bugs me for owning a lexus. can anyone verify with me if this is normal? I was told a valve adjustment is not needed because the newer cars are running something along the rockers, Like a magnet, that aligns itself and valve adjustments are never needed.

Ticking 08 gs350 awd - YouTube
It's normal, it's your injectors ticking. The GS350's have Direction Injection, causing it to have that ticking noise at idle. You shouldn't hear it in the cabin though.
Old 04-02-14, 06:58 AM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's perfectly normal for that motor and even the 4g sounds like that. You can pop the good on every GS on the lot and listen to the same noise. Direct injection is to blame, but it's worth it.
Old 04-02-14, 08:10 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
You've got quite a journey ahead! You have no idea how long it took me to bag the GS.... I believe it was 2 years total? The BCRs just sat there, for months and months and months, I walked in and out of the garage looking at'em everyday going.... Should I just say fk it and install'em anyways? Ride static? Then I told myself NO, must get'em done soon so I can finish the long waited project, 2 years later, bags were done lol.... The air management was another story.... I nagged swtjlsy for a whole week over the accuair system and finally jumped the gun, not one regret since .

I miss my Miata .

It's ok though, I'll eventually pick another one up and do a full build on it again later on in life

lmao, that IS retarded.... So there's no valve stems like a normal wheel? It's backwards? I can't seem to picture it right in my head.

It's normal, it's your injectors ticking. The GS350's have Direction Injection, causing it to have that ticking noise at idle. You shouldn't hear it in the cabin though.
they are lexus tpms. they have the valvestem mounted to the tpms. this is what the problem was why they couldn't use their tire machine to avoid destroying the tpms. sorry for the bad drawing

the 20s the previous owner put on were made not to have tpms on them or made for the belt kind tpms.

but yeah discount tire said WTF stupid shops don't know how to work. and I remind you these guys that got my wheels swapped were either my age or younger (25) and they knew exactly how to do it. sometimes the most experience just doesn't know. only reason why I was mad was because they didn't even want to try it. they basically looked at the wheel and said no.
Old 04-02-14, 08:15 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Schmexus
It's perfectly normal for that motor and even the 4g sounds like that. You can pop the good on every GS on the lot and listen to the same noise. Direct injection is to blame, but it's worth it.
ah I see oh wells looks like I need to do some custom exhaust fab-ing to try and overpower the ticking.
Old 04-02-14, 10:01 AM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

I thought about adding some dynamat to the engine bay to see if that would help. I'm not sure if there is room for any more insulation on the cover over the injectors though.
Old 04-02-14, 10:14 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

I thought about adding some dynamat to the engine bay to see if that would help. I'm not sure if there is room for any more insulation on the cover over the injectors though.
yeah I was thinking about a way where I can insulate the sound. looks like its time to convert to port injection with Individual throttle bodies
Old 04-02-14, 11:21 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

they are lexus tpms. they have the valvestem mounted to the tpms. this is what the problem was why they couldn't use their tire machine to avoid destroying the tpms. sorry for the bad drawing

the 20s the previous owner put on were made not to have tpms on them or made for the belt kind tpms.

but yeah discount tire said WTF stupid shops don't know how to work. and I remind you these guys that got my wheels swapped were either my age or younger (25) and they knew exactly how to do it. sometimes the most experience just doesn't know. only reason why I was mad was because they didn't even want to try it. they basically looked at the wheel and said no.
Oh Lahdie lahd..... As soon as I looked at the photos, I knew instantly the idiots put TPMS sensors in a non-TPMS friendly wheel *sigh*.... At least YOU and the shop knew what they were doing..... I'm not gonna lie, if I owned a shop, I'd deny working on it too, TPMS sensors are EXPENSIVE! Customers do not like going aftermarket parts when people break stuff on their car.... I know I wouldn't accept it lol...

Definitely a good thing Discount Tire managed to get it off! If it were me? I'd probably rip those tires off (with a knife), unmount the TPMS carefully, and put'em on the OEM wheels.

You don't wanna do that, Dynamat and the like does not like heat..... You woulda had a hot mess all over the place since it gets gooey under heat LOOL! Not to mention you might hinder the injectors cooling properties, causing them to overheat .

yeah I was thinking about a way where I can insulate the sound. looks like its time to convert to port injection with Individual throttle bodies
I don't think you can... Is it really that much of a bother?

Port injection w/ ITBs sounds fun, but how will you tune it?
Old 04-03-14, 04:22 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Oh Lahdie lahd..... As soon as I looked at the photos, I knew instantly the idiots put TPMS sensors in a non-TPMS friendly wheel *sigh*.... At least YOU and the shop knew what they were doing..... I'm not gonna lie, if I owned a shop, I'd deny working on it too, TPMS sensors are EXPENSIVE! Customers do not like going aftermarket parts when people break stuff on their car.... I know I wouldn't accept it lol...

Definitely a good thing Discount Tire managed to get it off! If it were me? I'd probably rip those tires off (with a knife), unmount the TPMS carefully, and put'em on the OEM wheels.

You don't wanna do that, Dynamat and the like does not like heat..... You woulda had a hot mess all over the place since it gets gooey under heat LOOL! Not to mention you might hinder the injectors cooling properties, causing them to overheat .

I don't think you can... Is it really that much of a bother?

Port injection w/ ITBs sounds fun, but how will you tune it?
well discount tire had some sort of special tool, its hard to explain but it goes on the tire machine's "chuck" that pulls the bead out of the tire and doesn't go into the rim like a regular machine's chuck

no its not too much of a bother its just when im next to car idling it bugs me, makes me feel like I don't take care of my car lol

I was kidding about the port injection itb lol. if I were to tune it I would need a piggy back ecu like aem's systems or even greddy e-manage or something. but im not building the motor of this car what so ever till the engine problems come. at that point I would be doing a 1j or 2j swap.

Last edited by uberEJ; 04-03-14 at 06:44 AM.
Old 04-03-14, 04:54 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

I also lowered my car last night and it looks sooooOOO much better! these DF210's ride damn good. no more forward leaning when I hit the brakes... no more rear leaning when I accelerate... and no more massive amounts of body roll woohoo

I don't have any wobbles or vibrations during acceleration, but I do have them under deceleration at all speeds when I let off the throttle. I don't know if its an alignment or that short axle thing that people were talking about when you lower the car. vibrations are coming from the front.

I must say I am surprised of the drop. My front and rears are leveled out perfectly. will post pics when I get home

Does anyone know what that sensor is connected to the front and rear drivers side lower control arm? seems to be AFS because now my headlight pointing up lol.

Last edited by uberEJ; 04-03-14 at 05:03 AM.
Old 04-03-14, 06:43 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

I also wanted to ask about camber kits? these GS's got so many bars going everywhere in the rear lol

I need front and rear can anyone shed some light? ive been reviewing a few, SPC,SAGE, MEGAN, FIGS

SPC - I have used these camber kits before on my civic. the front was a bolt, and the rear, was an adjustable rod. i believe the front is an upper ball joint on our cars.

sage - fronts I can't find any info. rears looks like these block things... how the hell would i adjust camber with those?

megans - seem like a cheepo version of spc at the same price lol never been a fan of megan because of past experience with their ****** breaking or welds cracking

figs - looks sick, pretty pricey, not sure if i want to drop 4-5 hundred just for the rear.

any help would be great guys thanks clublexus!
Old 04-03-14, 06:56 AM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Good thing I haven't done it yet because that stuff isn't cheap haha. I was looking into doing my trunk though. The wife doesn't like the noise when the compressors kick on. 😒
Old 04-03-14, 07:25 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

yeah goo in the engine bay no no... I can already see stuff hardening when the car is not being driven and there goes all the pulleys, belts, etc. lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ej's GS Build