Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3GS owner vehicles

Ej's GS Build

Old 05-01-14, 04:31 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Schmexus
The price of copper these days doesn't surprise me anymore.

A tow hitch on a GS :'( lol I was joking with the salesman when I bought my car about not being able to tow with it and he said "you would be surprised what I've seen tow hitches on" as we were sitting 5ft away from an LFA ��
yeah it drove fine ill tell you that much with my 4x8 trailer. didn't have any trouble accelerating or breaking. I took it for a test run last Saturday.

Old 05-01-14, 10:44 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by uberEJ
just an update...

I put my camber kits on when I got them Friday.

then early Saturday morning for a free alignment

Only because they came in the same day as the camber kits heres just a little teaser of whats going on when I get the my Accuair E-level and AirRex Struts.

will not say what wheel but specs are

20x10 front -7 offset
20x11 rear -7 offset
Did you already order those air rex struts???? the prototype isn't finished as of yet
Old 05-01-14, 11:15 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by swtjlsy
Did you already order those air rex struts???? the prototype isn't finished as of yet
no not yet... I just got my wheels. I might take a trip to the Philippines first. I want to see a family member if they aren't able to come down here. lol

ive seen them on their website and others for sale for the awd model.

can't be still in prototype if they selling it... but who knows maybe they are just taking orders.
Old 05-21-14, 04:51 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

once again my boy Danny Tran has done it again!

Old 06-05-14, 04:48 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

im not going to lie... im definitely slackin on my gs build.

but I bought another ruck for 500 bucks. 08 no battery and no rear battery cover. one hell of a deal. just needed a battery.

Old 06-05-14, 03:04 PM
snkepit
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Dang that was one you couldn't pass up for sure.
Old 06-07-14, 11:54 PM
mr. tetsuo
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

will not say what wheel but specs are

20x10 front -7 offset
20x11 rear -7 offset
at least i posted the make of my wheels. hahaha
Old 06-09-14, 09:09 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by snkepit
Dang that was one you couldn't pass up for sure.
HELL NO!

Originally Posted by mr. tetsuo
at least i posted the make of my wheels. hahaha
LOL! they were VIP Modulars VR11, white face, 24k Hardware, and chrome lip. I sold them too because i test fitted with tires and there was no way i can do the setup i want on 20's without have to go over with oversized fenders. i have to go with 19's.

but yeah still in the search for rare wheels again. i like to be unique. and since everyone in their civic and had modulars at Import Alliance i said EFFFFF That! SOLD! lol

well I sold them before I can go white face. they were just silver

Last edited by uberEJ; 06-09-14 at 09:14 AM.
Old 06-09-14, 02:53 PM
mr. tetsuo
Intermediate

LOL! they were VIP Modulars VR11, white face, 24k Hardware, and chrome lip. I sold them too because i test fitted with tires and there was no way i can do the setup i want on 20's without have to go over with oversized fenders. i have to go with 19's.

but yeah still in the search for rare wheels again. i like to be unique. and since everyone in their civic and had modulars at Import Alliance i said EFFFFF That! SOLD! lol

well I sold them before I can go white face. they were just silver
that would have been a beastly set up to pull off tho
Old 06-10-14, 06:54 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mr. tetsuo
that would have been a beastly set up to pull off tho
yea im sure it would've been. I just didn't want to hella camber. I like to be flush with the body angle.
Old 09-15-14, 04:17 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Alright, so its been a minute since I've worked on my GS so I decided to post a review on an item that I found quit interesting after the install.

I was experiencing quite uncomfortable steering around corners during regular driving due to the wobble at low speeds so I figured I would order and try out FIGS Engineering's polyurethane lower control arm bushings and I must say I am hella happy with this purchase. its definitely something I should've bought at the same time I purchased my camber kits and springs.

after the installation I drove around to see what the outcome was and I will say this with confidence that it has dramatically decreased the vibrations and wobble at low speeds, Significantly increased response to steering (as in when you need to avoid potholes =) ), definitely improves the wobble at braking, and definitely solves a weird lean around a corner. I don't want to say that the wobble is completely gone however, it is very faint and not noticeable to another driver like before. and when I mean faint I mean very very very faint.

so to those who do not have these bushings yet I suggest you try them if you have the wobble. im on Tanabe DF210 springs incase u ask.
Old 09-15-14, 03:18 PM
3gsMike
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

subscribed
Old 10-01-14, 05:31 PM
MurdaInc
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks awesome and love the Rukus.. Ill give you 700 for that one you just got lol..
Old 10-11-14, 01:32 PM
alSpeed2k
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, so its been a minute since I've worked on my GS so I decided to post a review on an item that I found quit interesting after the install.

I was experiencing quite uncomfortable steering around corners during regular driving due to the wobble at low speeds so I figured I would order and try out FIGS Engineering's polyurethane lower control arm bushings and I must say I am hella happy with this purchase. its definitely something I should've bought at the same time I purchased my camber kits and springs.

after the installation I drove around to see what the outcome was and I will say this with confidence that it has dramatically decreased the vibrations and wobble at low speeds, Significantly increased response to steering (as in when you need to avoid potholes =) ), definitely improves the wobble at braking, and definitely solves a weird lean around a corner. I don't want to say that the wobble is completely gone however, it is very faint and not noticeable to another driver like before. and when I mean faint I mean very very very faint.

so to those who do not have these bushings yet I suggest you try them if you have the wobble. im on Tanabe DF210 springs incase u ask.
Nice build!

I think it's normal to feel a wobble in an AWD 3GS, I feel a slight vibration in our car and the suspension is totally stock!.

The AVS Visors look great!
Old 11-18-14, 12:58 PM
mr. tetsuo
Intermediate

dood any new updates?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ej's GS Build