GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2006 Lexus GS 300 airbags

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-14, 10:57 AM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckGS350
Aren't they covered by the insurance company?
Some people are too smart to have insurance, particularly in places where having insurance is optional.
Old 01-26-14, 11:21 AM
Waasil
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ibidu1
Ive replaced several airbags and never had to replace impact sensors, just the bags and reset the computer. Once you plug in the reformatted module, and if there is any SRS light, it will tell the mechanic if there is any damages

Ive used a guy off of ebay I think it was around $45-$60 he can reset modules.
I live far away from the States, I live in the Middle East, so it would be difficult to send the airbag computer module overseas for resetting.

Isn't possible to reset it by myself? How much does the resetting device cost?

Also I found this on the net can I try using this procedure to switch off the dash airbag light for my vehicle?
Attached Files
Old 01-26-14, 05:49 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckGS350
Aren't they covered by the insurance company?
I'm helping someone fix a rebuilt titled car. There wasn't much damage.
Old 01-28-14, 06:35 PM
sush1a
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had my airbag module reset locally, but I would assume myairbags does the same thing. I replaced the rear airbags and side curtains myself. The rear bags were easy, the sides were a pita because you gotta deal with the headliner. I still have an extra side impact sensor if yours was hit.
Old 01-28-14, 10:24 PM
Waasil
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sush1a
I've had my airbag module reset locally, but I would assume myairbags does the same thing. I replaced the rear airbags and side curtains myself. The rear bags were easy, the sides were a pita because you gotta deal with the headliner. I still have an extra side impact sensor if yours was hit.
I have replaced the side curtain my self, I bought a used one, but I haven't connected the power cable yet as I am afraid to get blown off again . Now I am looking for a seat , the problem is the seat airbag is part of the seat it's self, and it is attached to it and can not be de-attached.

I think my impact sensors are ok, as they don't have any phycial damage, I have been told once those sensors sence or had an accident, then, they have to be replaced with new ones or used ones which did not have an accident.
Old 01-29-14, 08:59 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by Waasil
I live far away from the States, I live in the Middle East, so it would be difficult to send the airbag computer module overseas for resetting.

Isn't possible to reset it by myself? How much does the resetting device cost?

Also I found this on the net can I try using this procedure to switch off the dash airbag light for my vehicle?
Where in Middle east are you, I just moved to the ME myself not to long ago.

Contact the company and see if they can mail it to you, you never know.
Old 01-30-14, 01:46 AM
Waasil
Driver School Candidate

I live in Oman, where about are you?

If the resetting device doen't cost a lot, I might by one for my self and for those who have such a trouble, how much does the resetting device might cost?
Old 01-30-14, 03:49 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

I live in Oman, where about are you?

If the resetting device doen't cost a lot, I might by one for my self and for those who have such a trouble, how much does the resetting device might cost?
Im in ksa soon to be in Qatar.

Your probably better off buying from the dealer. I know that lexus here the parts are cheaper then the US.
Old 01-31-14, 09:27 PM
Waasil
Driver School Candidate

Im in ksa soon to be in Qatar.

Your probably better off buying from the dealer. I know that lexus here the parts are cheaper then the US.
Welcome to Oman.

I am looking for the device which is reseting almost for all the vehicles, that would solve such problems in those vehicles which are having these problems.
Old 02-01-14, 01:07 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Welcome to Oman.

I am looking for the device which is reseting almost for all the vehicles, that would solve such problems in those vehicles which are having these problems.

If your airbag system is from a crash then a special reprogrammer tool is needed.

If you just have an airbag light and not from a crash then those are easily reset from a good mechanic with a scan airbag tool.

The problem I see if you did send your module out for repair is they may not have the program to rewrite your module for you. I'm assuming your Lexus is a Gulf-spec/Japan it maybe different
Old 02-01-14, 04:44 AM
Waasil
Driver School Candidate

If your airbag system is from a crash then a special reprogrammer tool is needed.
How to Reset / Repair clear crash data from Toyota Scion and Lexus airbag module * airbag Computer * - YouTube

If you just have an airbag light and not from a crash then those are easily reset from a good mechanic with a scan airbag tool.

The problem I see if you did send your module out for repair is they may not have the program to rewrite your module for you. I'm assuming your Lexus is a Gulf-spec/Japan it maybe different
Thank you for your reply.

I have imported my unit from the USA, so I think it could be done.
Old 02-01-14, 01:57 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Thank you for your reply.

I have imported my unit from the USA, so I think it could be done.
Then finding a control module in the khaleej maybe tough. Your best bet maybe to send it to the states and have it reworked. Or buy a used module off of ebay
Old 02-01-14, 06:29 PM
Waasil
Driver School Candidate

Then finding a control module in the khaleej maybe tough. Your best bet maybe to send it to the states and have it reworked. Or buy a used module off of ebay
Most of our used vehicles at here have been imported from the USA as they are more cheaper, and it is easier to find used item for the imported unit comparing to Khaliji. Once you got free time, please visit Sharjah market your might be amazed!