GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

New Sets of Rim on my 3GS...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-14, 06:49 PM
audis886
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Sets of Rim on my 3GS...

TSW Mallory 5 w/ Michelin Pilot Super Sport on my 3GS, just got it installed today

Last edited by audis886; 06-01-14 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-15-14, 07:03 PM
mnewxcv
Lead Lap

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

car looks great! color and wheels are killer.
Old 01-15-14, 08:13 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

awesome! Very sporty looking!

Is that a bit of damage on your fender lining? or is it just the picture?

Also, it's gonna be fun cleaning those wheels LOL, I'm soo tired of cleaning my G-spyder multi spokes
Old 01-15-14, 08:35 PM
audis886
Driver

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
awesome! Very sporty looking!

Is that a bit of damage on your fender lining? or is it just the picture?

Also, it's gonna be fun cleaning those wheels LOL, I'm soo tired of cleaning my G-spyder multi spokes
LOL, you got good eyes.... haha, some stupid idiot back into my car in a small parking lot a while ago... so the fender lining is a little off......

also you are right.... i am having so much fun washing it after getting it installed today.... i was like ******.... am i drunk or got brain damage when i was picking rims....
Old 01-15-14, 10:50 PM
XxGoKoUxX

It's weird, but I nitpick when it comes to a GS, when it's any other car, I won't notice a thing anywhere!

Any plans to have the fender repaired??

And yeah, you feel my pain... I had a set of TSW Imola's on another car a long long time ago, and it took me literally 5-10 minutes per wheel to clean by hand!

A tip: Buy a car wash wand/brush, and just go to town on the wheels in a circular motion.... It shouldn't damage your wheels (because it's soft enough for your car), and it should make the cleanup job a ton easier!

Just do not use the wand/brush on your car after that, because that's dirt collected all up in there, and the debris will scratch up your paint's finish.

GL!
Old 01-15-14, 11:37 PM
audis886
Driver

It's weird, but I nitpick when it comes to a GS, when it's any other car, I won't notice a thing anywhere!

Any plans to have the fender repaired??

And yeah, you feel my pain... I had a set of TSW Imola's on another car a long long time ago, and it took me literally 5-10 minutes per wheel to clean by hand!

A tip: Buy a car wash wand/brush, and just go to town on the wheels in a circular motion.... It shouldn't damage your wheels (because it's soft enough for your car), and it should make the cleanup job a ton easier!

Just do not use the wand/brush on your car after that, because that's dirt collected all up in there, and the debris will scratch up your paint's finish.

GL!
yea, gonna get that repaired next week along with installing sway bar, which lowering springs do you think i should get? cause i've seen some people have problem w/ their AFS after....
Old 01-16-14, 01:41 PM
XxGoKoUxX

You can slam the car on the floor and you should not get any AFS problems (I, along with many of our members should know, because we're on air)..... The reason why people get AFS problems is because the installer reinstalled the leveling sensors wrong. If you do get AFS problems, definitely PM me and i'll show you how to fix it.
Old 01-16-14, 05:00 PM
audis886
Driver

You can slam the car on the floor and you should not get any AFS problems (I, along with many of our members should know, because we're on air)..... The reason why people get AFS problems is because the installer reinstalled the leveling sensors wrong. If you do get AFS problems, definitely PM me and i'll show you how to fix it.
ok, guess I'm going to consider getting F Sport springs or maybe just go directly for coilover....
Old 01-16-14, 09:05 PM
darinmg
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just did a full NF210 install on my car last weekend with the Megan camber arms. No dash lights for me. I did make sure the sensor arm was put back on correctly though...actually I'm not sure how you could do it wrong if you were paying any attention when you took it apart.
The ride is very good. Just waiting a little for things to settle before I go in for an alignment.
Old 01-16-14, 09:25 PM
XxGoKoUxX

darinmg is right, take a photo of the leveling arm on the driver side front and rear, and you can't go wrong.

You can go NF210 or F-sport springs, both are great choices for LOWERING SPRINGS.

I'd def opt for BCR coilovers, personal preference and it's a plus that BCR headquarters is 15 minutes from me .
Old 01-16-14, 10:07 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Lookin' good!
Old 01-16-14, 10:24 PM
audis886
Driver

Originally Posted by darinmg
I just did a full NF210 install on my car last weekend with the Megan camber arms. No dash lights for me. I did make sure the sensor arm was put back on correctly though...actually I'm not sure how you could do it wrong if you were paying any attention when you took it apart.
The ride is very good. Just waiting a little for things to settle before I go in for an alignment.
how much is the NF210??
Old 01-17-14, 06:12 AM
darinmg
Driver

They were around $200 for the springs and $180 for the camber arms. Not to discourage you from an install....but it was quite a bit of work. Not too hard, but took me about a full day with a little help from my dad. I've done spring replacements before. I'd be happy to give more detail on the install of you plan to do yours. Coilovers would cut the time in half...but cost 5x more. I wanted to keep my active factory sport mode, and a close to stock ride. The nf's were perfect for me.
Old 01-18-14, 11:08 AM
audis886
Driver

Originally Posted by darinmg
They were around $200 for the springs and $180 for the camber arms. Not to discourage you from an install....but it was quite a bit of work. Not too hard, but took me about a full day with a little help from my dad. I've done spring replacements before. I'd be happy to give more detail on the install of you plan to do yours. Coilovers would cut the time in half...but cost 5x more. I wanted to keep my active factory sport mode, and a close to stock ride. The nf's were perfect for me.
where did you get it for 200? i've called a few shop, they are telling me it would cost me like 250 or so,
Old 01-18-14, 11:16 AM
darinmg
Driver

That was the spring cost. I did the install myself. $250 is a good deal for the install IMO considering how long it took me. Lots of people on here say the average install is close to $400 if I remember right.

Quick Reply: New Sets of Rim on my 3GS...