GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

New 07 lexus gs350 owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-13, 11:08 AM
jay4677
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 07 lexus gs350 owner

Hey guys just wanted to come by and introduce myself I have been on the site looking around cause i just got my Lexus about a month and a half ago. And boy has it been a journey to say the least. I came from a 2002 subaru wrx and traded it in to get the lexus. After I bought the lexus it lasted me about 2 weeks before someone decided they wanted to run a red light and t-bone the front of it. So ive owned it for about a month and a half and only got to drive it for about a week and a half. Just my luck. I should be getting it back from the collison center tomorrow but we shall see they have been saying that for about a week.

Im ordering bc coils tomorrow i was going to do it friday but ran out of time. im getting the bc with a 14/12 spring rate and have a set of 18x9 for the front and 18x10.5 rear varrstoen es1 that i would like to put on it i know i will get flamed for that probably but im not a fan of the giant wheels like 20". I mean some do look nice but its not my cup of tea Do you think it will take alot of work to make something like that fit? any suggestions?

My Subaru

The lexus when i first bought it

Right after the accident So far its about 15K in damages

Old 12-15-13, 11:42 AM
XxGoKoUxX
Forum Moderator

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Not bad for a full force T-bone if you ask me.

I'm sure if it was in your Subaru it'd be totaled LOL!

No one's going to flame you if you get 18'' wheels..... All that's going to happen is, "why not 20s?" But you already justified it with "I don't like big wheels".

You also have to post the offsets along with your wheel setups so the wheel guru's can tell you .

To say the least, this isn't your typical "Honda" chat, where if people don't like anything, they flatout poke fun at you for it heh.... Welcome to CL!
Old 12-15-13, 11:51 AM
LovezLexus
Driver

Wow. Glad you are ok. Same thing happened to my GS450h, 6 days after I bought it. Teenage girl backed into it while my son was driving it. Thankfully, there was barely any damage. The damage to your GS looks pretty bad. Honestly, I would sell it if it were mine. When there is alot of damage, even if fixed right, the car will never be the same. My daughter crashed my RX, and the insurance didn't pay out. Got the work done at Lexus, but it never felt right. Still have the car because I bought it brand new, and would hate to sell it. Don't let me discourage you, I'm just giving my input. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-15-13, 04:25 PM
jay4677
Driver School Candidate

Hey so i looked at the wheels and they are 18x9.5 + 22 for the front and 18x10.5 +15 for the rears. I saw someone run 18's but he said something about running rca's up front. And yeah i would have liked to sell it but i dont think ima be able to sell it now with the car with damage that was done.
Old 12-15-13, 08:37 PM
LovezLexus
Driver

Oh I just remembered! Make sure to file a diminished value claim. They will reimburse you a couple thousand dollars.
Old 12-16-13, 07:34 AM
ISFjimmy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LovezLexus
Oh I just remembered! Make sure to file a diminished value claim. They will reimburse you a couple thousand dollars.
I was recently involved in a small accident in which my friend backed up into my fender and door (my car was parked). It is getting repaired at the Lexus dealership, but do you think I should file for a diminished value claim?
Old 12-16-13, 07:58 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by GS-F
I was recently involved in a small accident in which my friend backed up into my fender and door (my car was parked). It is getting repaired at the Lexus dealership, but do you think I should file for a diminished value claim?
i would say if your going through insurance then yes, if not then i wouldnt worry about it.
Old 12-16-13, 08:12 AM
wadeski
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry to see the damage to your car.. mine is exactly like yours same color inside and out and year.
Old 12-16-13, 09:55 AM
ISFjimmy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
i would say if your going through insurance then yes, if not then i wouldnt worry about it.
We're going through his insurance (Allstate). How do I go about this, do I tell them now or after the car is repaired? What do I tell them exactly?
Old 12-18-13, 04:08 AM
jay4677
Driver School Candidate

So i finally got my car back from the collision center god am i happy to get it back lol. I also ordered a set of BC coilovers yesterday from circuit motorsports he said i should be able to go pick it up friday since there only about a 40 minute drive from me . So hopefully i can get them installed this weekend. Are there any writeups or diys? Im sure it should be pretty straight foward but then again this car is a whole different realm then the subie i had. I will get pics of car before and after install..

On another note, What is a diminished value claim? Who do i file it with ? the dealership or the insurance company?
Old 12-18-13, 05:10 AM
MX5
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You file with the at-fault party's insurance.
Basically there is now a "ding" on your car's Carfax, and going forward if you go to trade or sell, it will be worth less. So they need to compensate you for that. $3,000 is my opinion but get all you can.
Please tell me they painted the entire passenger side of your car, being silver.....

Oh and PS - you can see your wheels below, although mine are 20s. Currently I'm back on stocks with new Michelins for the crappy weather we've been having.

Last edited by MX5; 12-18-13 at 05:14 AM.
Old 12-18-13, 10:08 AM
jay4677
Driver School Candidate

Oh I wont be able to do it then cause the cop that wrote me the ticket was dating the other parties cousin or something.. So after they left he came back and gave me a ticket for going through a red light which i know i wasnt the one that ran the light. As soon as the accident happen the passenger in the other truck ran to the gas station and came back with soda and food. So it was a little fishy in my book.. But cant do nothing about it now.

I was wondering since im gonna be going low and trying to tuck tire will i have to get these RCA's people have been writing about in other posts?
Old 12-18-13, 10:18 AM
MX5
Pole Position

Oh man that sucks - no other witnesses??
Old 12-18-13, 10:35 AM
XxGoKoUxX
Forum Moderator

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

It's nice you have such a good attitude about it though, I'd be pretty irked about it, enough to find a lawyer and get that ticket nulled....

Anywho, glad you got everything sorted out! I'm guessing you're in Orlando area?

Also, which area was this at?
Old 12-18-13, 11:24 AM
MX5
Pole Position

^ Yeah I'da gone straight from the accident scene to the Chief's office.....

Quick Reply: New 07 lexus gs350 owner