GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

The best tip/trick/diy/diagnostic tool ever

Old 12-16-13, 02:40 PM
Htle83
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ISBU
It doesn't work on windows 7 64 bit. I ordered this without reading the reviews. Now I have a diagnostic tool that I won't be able to use.
Just an FYI, it can work on Win 7/8 with 64 bit/x64 OS'. I have it working on my Macbook Pro - Win 8 64 bit. It requires a little know how with the registry and slight adjustment to the install process.
Old 12-16-13, 08:38 PM
rjk
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Htle83
Just an FYI, it can work on Win 7/8 with 64 bit/x64 OS'. I have it working on my Macbook Pro - Win 8 64 bit. It requires a little know how with the registry and slight adjustment to the install process.
I'm guessing you mean that you'll have to manually configure the WOW64 subsystem? I hate it when ****ty installers force themselves into Program Files even though they should be landing in Program Files (x86). Anything other than those mods need to be made for it to work?
Old 12-19-13, 07:52 AM
liquidz
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As previously mentioned above, you can get it to work with 64-bit Windows 7/8. I just got it working using a 64-bit Windows 7 Pro on my Lexus ES350. Unsure if I can link to another forum (against the rules here?).

Here's the instructions that I followed:
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/genera...-8-64-bit.html

If direct linking is against the rule then Google "MVCI Driver for TOYOTA 64 bit" and it was link #2.

Happy modding! And thanks OP for the useful link!
Old 12-19-13, 09:11 AM
rjk
Pit Crew

Thank you, liquidz. That's extremely helpful.
Old 12-24-13, 08:12 PM
rjk
Pit Crew

I just got mine today and got it hooked up and working. The disc came with version 8.00, so I downloaded some updates and got it upgraded to 8.30. This thing is seriously cool! It's slow, in that you have to wait for several seconds between each operation for it to do its thing, but it allows access to pretty much everything.

For example, if you go into the engine diagnostics options, you can do things like shut off the fuel injectors to individual cylinders, and if you go into the AFS ECU, you can tilt and swivel the headlights manually. You can go to the door ECU and operate the power windows, and so much more! This is the best $30 I've ever spent.
Old 12-26-13, 02:50 AM
liquidz
Rookie

Originally Posted by rkenimer
I just got mine today and got it hooked up and working. The disc came with version 8.00, so I downloaded some updates and got it upgraded to 8.30. This thing is seriously cool! It's slow, in that you have to wait for several seconds between each operation for it to do its thing, but it allows access to pretty much everything.

For example, if you go into the engine diagnostics options, you can do things like shut off the fuel injectors to individual cylinders, and if you go into the AFS ECU, you can tilt and swivel the headlights manually. You can go to the door ECU and operate the power windows, and so much more! This is the best $30 I've ever spent.
Do you know if the updates change anything? Do you have a link with the changelogs?

It's too cold in Canada to be outside changing settings. I'll have to wait for a warmer day or find someone with a heated garage
Old 12-26-13, 05:43 PM
rjk
Pit Crew

No idea, I didn't change anything so far (just read codes and poked around in the menus).
Old 01-02-14, 02:19 PM
jinglis
Driver School Candidate

I tried to reset my TPMS settings. It read my info correctly (450h) but when I called up the "Customize" Tab, it didn't have the Tire Pressure Monitoring System as an available mod. When I called up the "Data" Tab, I found all of the information on the TPMS, including the listing of the codes for 4 sensors. It also showed that there were 2 sets of tires - Main and 2nd Set, but I can't figure out how to switch to my 2nd Set. I have switched the tires from summer to snow, but the system isn't reading the sensors because I assume you have to switch over to "2nd Set". When I go into the "Utilities" Tab, it shows "Initiate" and "Read Sensors" but nothing that would let me switch from Main to 2nd Set. Does anyone have any experience or ideas? Thanks.
Old 01-02-14, 02:47 PM
rjk
Pit Crew

You select the second set of tires by pressing a button under the passenger side dash. I don't know how to program new ones, still getting the hang of it.
Old 01-02-14, 04:00 PM
james0076s
Driver School Candidate

Anyone know if this can change the foglights to DRL lights, if it can, that would be sweet!
Old 01-02-14, 06:16 PM
jinglis
Driver School Candidate

The RX450h doesn't have this button to switch sets of tires. Apparently they discontinued it in 2010. I had the dealer program it last year. Hoping that I could DIY this year.
Old 01-03-14, 05:51 PM
liquidz
Rookie

Originally Posted by james0076s
Anyone know if this can change the foglights to DRL lights, if it can, that would be sweet!
Most likely no since this wasn't an OEM option and not all models come with foglights. I definitely didn't see it for my ES350.

Nor did I see TPMS data like my buddies Venza or the RX owner. So functionality does vary between cars and trims.
Old 01-03-14, 10:11 PM
supags
Driver

Can you turn on fogs with drl?
Old 01-04-14, 01:21 AM
ISBU
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rkenimer
You select the second set of tires by pressing a button under the passenger side dash. I don't know how to program new ones, still getting the hang of it.
Go to tire pressure section, then utilities. From there follow the instructions.
Old 01-04-14, 04:25 PM
jinglis
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISBU
Go to tire pressure section, then utilities. From there follow the instructions.
In the TPMS "Utilities" Tab, there were only 3 options: ID Registration; Read Sensors and Customize.

I checked "Customize" and the only options were the ones shown in the Main "Customise" Section. That is: Wireless Door Lock, Security, Illuminated Entry, Light Control, Slide Roof, Sensor, Unit Conversion, PSD & PBD operation, Door Lock, Power Window, Warning, Tilt & Telesco, Air Conditioner, Display, Smart Key/Access and Seat. I checked into a few of these but couldn't see anything relating to Tires.

"Read Sensors" just caused it to try to read the Sensors. Since I had changed to the 2nd Set (Snow Tires) it was unable to read the Sensors because it is set to read the Main Set sensors and they are in the garage. I was able to clear the Error Code however. (It may come back when I next drive it.)

So the last option was "ID Registration". It had "Main Tire" prepopulated in the second page of instructions. I could not change it or navigate around. It would only allow me to proceed and enter and register the ID Codes of the Main Set Sensors. There was no way to change this to "2nd Tire" and it only gave you 5 minutes to enter the 4 or 5 codes. I don't have the codes for the snow tires, but they were registered previously by the dealer and they are still there according to the Data list which shows "2nd Tire" value as "4".

Has anyone been successful in switching tires from Main Tire" to "2nd Tire"? I do not have a physical switch under the glovebox as there was prior to 2010. Otherwise, I guess the way to go is to have someone read the snow tire codes and then register them each year individually.

But according to the Data Printout, the "Select Switch" value is "Main". "Main" value is "4", as is the value for "2nd Tire". "Initialization Switch" was "OFF" and there were 7-digit codes listed as 4 values for "Registered ID Code". It also shows "Select Switch Info" as having a value of "WITHOUT".

Thanks in advance.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The best tip/trick/diy/diagnostic tool ever