GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Fog lights safety question.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-13, 01:28 PM
paulfrom94
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I notice my low beam plastic is also melting because it's cloudy but its been like that since I got the car 2 months ago. I am thinking of changing the plastic soon after i get new tires and rims.
I also got the HiDs installed on my car and did a test with my friend on the same road, he said it doesn't shine in other peoples eyes so I'm happy.

BTW could someone give me a link to where I can but the plastic or glass for my car?
It has factory HiDs so idk if that changes what glass or plastic is used.
Old 10-10-13, 10:28 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Majek
Thanks for sharing the pics. Damn, that foggy part looks like it's from the inside.

I'm reluctant to turn on my newly-installed HID fogs now
I don't recommend against it at all... It's cheap to replace, plus it took 3+ years of damage, and FL weathering to do that to my fogs LOL!

$160-200 and I should be back on the road again!

Originally Posted by paulfrom94
I notice my low beam plastic is also melting because it's cloudy but its been like that since I got the car 2 months ago. I am thinking of changing the plastic soon after i get new tires and rims.
I also got the HiDs installed on my car and did a test with my friend on the same road, he said it doesn't shine in other peoples eyes so I'm happy.

BTW could someone give me a link to where I can but the plastic or glass for my car?
It has factory HiDs so idk if that changes what glass or plastic is used.
There's no such thing, you'll have to buy the whole headlight housing itself.

It's all plastic, a tip though. If you can, take a bottle of water, and spray the headlight lenses, if it doesn't show the fogginess anymore, then it's the outer part of your headlights. That's 100% reparaible, a good sanding and detail on it and you should be good to go again .

Post your pics in a separate thread and I'd be glad to evaluate for you too if you'd like!
Old 10-11-13, 06:10 AM
Simmsled
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
LOL, I've been told the same thing as you said about HIDs Simmsled. The whiter it is, doesn't mean it's brighter that is. I just don't bother arguing on the forums lol.

TY for the bulb suggestion! I'll definitely check this out!

EDIT: Out of this selection, which one would you recommend for the members? That along with the 9005's too! I'm sure people would be grateful for the suggestion.

http://www.rallylights.com/all/light....html?cat=1898
http://www.rallylights.com/9012-hir2...y-philips.html

BAM. Read that. Those are where its at.
Old 10-11-13, 05:03 PM
paulfrom94
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
It's all plastic, a tip though. If you can, take a bottle of water, and spray the headlight lenses, if it doesn't show the fogginess anymore, then it's the outer part of your headlights. That's 100% reparaible, a good sanding and detail on it and you should be good to go again .

Post your pics in a separate thread and I'd be glad to evaluate for you too if you'd like!
I had the headlights sanded and detailed. It helped a bit but the fog seems to be inside the headlight and you only notice it when the headlights are on though. BTW I checked how much it is for the headlight housing and its 200+ each side... I saw this on Lexus of Sewell parts. IDK if I am looking at the wrong thing.
Old 10-11-13, 08:42 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Simmsled
http://www.rallylights.com/9012-hir2...y-philips.html

BAM. Read that. Those are where its at.
AWESOME, I'll probably be moving to these afterwards. Are they the same wattage as our OEM connectors? I ask because I don't want too much strain on the wiring, I can always swap to the porcelain versions.

Originally Posted by paulfrom94
I had the headlights sanded and detailed. It helped a bit but the fog seems to be inside the headlight and you only notice it when the headlights are on though. BTW I checked how much it is for the headlight housing and its 200+ each side... I saw this on Lexus of Sewell parts. IDK if I am looking at the wrong thing.
A link would definitely help, but I highly doubt our headlight housings are $200 each, maybe the foglight housing. The headlights are in the thousands. (I believe one or two).