GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Auto Folding Mirrors on GS

Old 10-04-13, 05:24 PM
lex-ative
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C-SupraTT
What I meant is what's the purpose of folding side mirrors anyway? I've never had anyone ram in my mirrors before. If they parked so close that they damaged my side mirrors, then door dents would be more my concern. What's the point in moving your mirrors away by 5 inches??
Hmm I don't know where you've been parking, but I see it all the time. People walking between parked cars and suddenly snap. they hit the mirror with their arm, or it get caught in women's purse handles, or what have you. I've seen people actually hit my mirror with me sitting in the car. lol. Maybe they squeeze in the parking space too tight or when they get out they are...uhm... hmm..how do you put it.... have abundant...um...derriere.

I think it is just an extra measure to protect the car JUST IN CASE. The mirror glass itself is expensive to replace if it were to break, let alone the entire assembly.

I fold my mirrors in all the time when I park. Damn the gears...I'll cross that bridge if I reach it. LOL.
Old 10-04-13, 06:22 PM
SoCal_450h
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jdm_altzza
he didn't mentioned the version ....but he said all i need will be an easy install... i will only run one module... he explained that few that have installed this rather run 1 instead of 2 one per each door...

basically tapping into the module by running connections to the driver side...lets see how it goes
Just spoke with Mike...WOW you really bring those mirror from Japan? (Saw the youtube).
I didn't know ISF don't have motorize mirror. No wonder you ask me earlier (PM) about the switch.
Old 10-04-13, 06:37 PM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal_450h
Just spoke with Mike...WOW you really bring those mirror from Japan? (Saw the youtube).
I didn't know ISF don't have motorize mirror. No wonder you ask me earlier (PM) about the switch.
correct... lol. Unfortunately the IS didn't have folding here in the states. Yea i was wondering how you made it work. The only difference between my set up and yours is that yours already came equipped while i have more of a project on my hands. I did this on my IS300 a few years back.
Old 10-04-13, 10:49 PM
C-SupraTT
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I have parked my cars everywhere since 1978, not once have my mirrors been damaged. If people walked that close, I would be worried about other things. Do you realize most modern car's mirrors have hinges to go back and forward to prevent from breaking?

Where do you park? I guess it's the cool factor.

Originally Posted by lex-ative
Hmm I don't know where you've been parking, but I see it all the time. People walking between parked cars and suddenly snap. they hit the mirror with their arm, or it get caught in women's purse handles, or what have you. I've seen people actually hit my mirror with me sitting in the car. lol. Maybe they squeeze in the parking space too tight or when they get out they are...uhm... hmm..how do you put it.... have abundant...um...derriere.

I think it is just an extra measure to protect the car JUST IN CASE. The mirror glass itself is expensive to replace if it were to break, let alone the entire assembly.

I fold my mirrors in all the time when I park. Damn the gears...I'll cross that bridge if I reach it. LOL.

Last edited by C-SupraTT; 10-04-13 at 10:54 PM.
Old 10-16-13, 01:45 PM
LEXJG
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ok feel free to call me stupid but did I miss the part that said were to buy this PO-40 ??
Old 10-16-13, 01:52 PM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXJG
Ok feel free to call me stupid but did I miss the part that said were to buy this PO-40 ??
The seller is in Australia. very cool guy. just google p0-40 unit power folding and his name is Michael Rychter tell him Manny with the F in Florida sent ya!
Old 10-16-13, 09:41 PM
akash3230
Driver School Candidate

The seller is in Australia. very cool guy. just google p0-40 unit power folding and his name is Michael Rychter tell him Manny with the F in Florida sent ya!
I couldnt find anything when i googled p0-40
Old 10-17-13, 06:47 AM
SoCal_450h
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by akash3230
I couldnt find anything when i googled p0-40
Michael Rychter
michaelr@ashpoint.com.au
Old 10-18-13, 12:38 PM
LEXJG
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

THANKYOU
Old 07-20-14, 09:16 AM
rhwimmers
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ready to do this on my 3rd gen gs450h. Is the po4 something that I have to order? I saw reference to someone in aus, what's their name?
TIA
Old 07-21-14, 01:00 PM
mr3gs300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats a really nice mode, if only these gears could handle the wear
Old 07-21-14, 11:42 PM
Mistahoo
Driver

Really cool mod!
Old 08-04-14, 11:22 AM
rhwimmers
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Would love to do this mod. Anyone have an answer on this?

Is the po4 something that I have to order? I saw reference to someone in aus, what's their name?
Old 10-25-14, 10:11 PM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXJG
Originally Posted by SoCal_450h
Michael Rychter
michaelr@ashpoint.com.au
Originally Posted by rhwimmers
Ready to do this on my 3rd gen gs450h. Is the po4 something that I have to order? I saw reference to someone in aus, what's their name?
TIA
I'm a little confused as well but it seems that since the IS-F doesn't come with motorized folding mirrors (??) jdm_altzza needed to order the part PO-40. But since the 3rd gen GS has this feature already, you don't need to. I would like to do the auto folding mirror mod, but I am looking for more reliable (metal?) gears if there are any. So far, the folding feature hasn't given me any issues but I am now more reluctant to use it if this is a known issue of it eventually breaking.
Old 10-26-14, 08:11 AM
SoCal_450h
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by djyoshi626
I'm a little confused as well but it seems that since the IS-F doesn't come with motorized folding mirrors (??) jdm_altzza needed to order the part PO-40. But since the 3rd gen GS has this feature already, you don't need to.
for ISF youll need to buy motorized JDM ISF mirror and PO-40. for 3rd gen GS you just need to buy PO-40. You can contact the seller through email Michael Rychter (michaelr@ashpoint.com.au).

Originally Posted by djyoshi626
I would like to do the auto folding mirror mod, but I am looking for more reliable (metal?) gears if there are any. So far, the folding feature hasn't given me any issues but I am now more reluctant to use it if this is a known issue of it eventually breaking.
I have this auto folding for a year, never had problem.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Auto Folding Mirrors on GS