GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Driver side pillar (PICKS INCLUDED)

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-13, 11:32 PM
Lexo11
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Driver side pillar (PICKS INCLUDED)

Hi all.

Any suggestions on how to repair this little problem. Not sure how it even got there. It's on the driver side and it's a fine line almost looks like something might have scraped it.
Attached Thumbnails Driver side pillar (PICKS INCLUDED)-photo-1.jpg   Driver side pillar (PICKS INCLUDED)-photo-2.jpg   Driver side pillar (PICKS INCLUDED)-photo-3.jpg  
Old 09-26-13, 12:40 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

Someone tried to steal your car looks to be with a coat hanger. Theres also scratches in the inner door.

As far as repair, you can use touch up paint to cover up the scratches. But its best to replace
Old 09-26-13, 01:54 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Have it refinished by a paint shop, I don't think this is replacable.
Old 09-26-13, 06:05 AM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Ignore it, nobody will notice it but you.
Old 09-26-13, 06:30 AM
dpmac
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pillar Damage

Cover it with Stainless trim. Readily available on ebay.
Old 09-26-13, 08:39 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

^^ Please no those things are so ghetto
Old 09-26-13, 11:17 AM
Lexo11
Rookie

About 2 weeks ago I got my car towed because I was parked in front of a business for literally 5

minutes. I was very frustrated with both the person that called the tow truck and the idiot that towed

my car. They ended up scraping the entire bottom front bumper of the car since I was parked

reversed. Do you think that scrape on the pillar could be from the tow guy trying to pry open the door

and causing that?

Thanks for your responses.
Old 09-26-13, 12:34 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Its possible! But it looks like an amateur thief maybe a coat hanger was used. A tow truck driver usually have door opening tools like an airbag wedge and their tools most likely coated so they do not scratch.

But you never know the tow truck driver may have open the door to put the car into neutral to pull it out. You dont need a key to put the car into neutral
Old 09-26-13, 07:34 PM
XxGoKoUxX

I highly doubt it was the tow truck driver, unless he was a complete idiot. The car's alarm would go ablaze if you opened the door prying it THAT way.

On another note, Isn't it against the law, even for a TOW TRUCK COMPANY, to pertain damage to your vehicle in the midst of impounding it?

I honestly wonder why they would call...... For my situation, I use to call the tow truck company because the company next to our family owned business refused to SHARE the rent on the parking lot section. We tried compromising with management there and they just didn't care, so as a rebuttal, we forewarned all of their customers of our cause (why do we have to pay 100% of the parking lot while they get it for FREE), and pursued to tow the vehicles that didn't care what we did.
Old 09-26-13, 11:54 PM
Lexo11
Rookie

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
I highly doubt it was the tow truck driver, unless he was a complete idiot. The car's alarm would go ablaze if you opened the door prying it THAT way.

On another note, Isn't it against the law, even for a TOW TRUCK COMPANY, to pertain damage to your vehicle in the midst of impounding it?

I honestly wonder why they would call...... For my situation, I use to call the tow truck company because the company next to our family owned business refused to SHARE the rent on the parking lot section. We tried compromising with management there and they just didn't care, so as a rebuttal, we forewarned all of their customers of our cause (why do we have to pay 100% of the parking lot while they get it for FREE), and pursued to tow the vehicles that didn't care what we did.
Check this out, when I spoke to the owner of the business they told me on the bottom of their

receipt it indicates that they are not reliable for any damages occurred to the vehicle . It almost

makes me think that these guys can damage the heck out of a persons car and say sorry we are

not liable; Just doesn't make sense.
Old 09-27-13, 01:09 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Whether it is or not. You did not consent to have your car towed by them, there should be a law against this. They're throwing that out there for liability reasons, but for cars they tow.

At the end of the day, i'd seek a lawyer and throw out a small claims court case and see where u can go with that.

Here you go brother, SAME situation:

http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42350

P.S. I came back thinking about if this happened to my car, i'd be soo heated......

You should ask them, "How would you like it if I came up to your yard, and took a baseball bat to your tow truck, and threw that piece of paper at you?"

Complete and utter BS.
Old 09-27-13, 02:22 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Its also possible someone at the lot broke into it, maybe an employee. Have you searched the car for anything missing?
Old 09-27-13, 03:47 PM
TexasTaco
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not gonna lie... My black 2010 has the same problem. Doesn't really bother me
Old 09-27-13, 07:32 PM
XxGoKoUxX

My mother's Honda van has a SLIGHT nudge, exposing the metal. It turns out they're actually vinyl.... I'm sure your's is paint though. You COULD always go buy black vinyl and vinyl over it too, that's not too bad of an idea IMO.
Old 09-27-13, 08:02 PM
Lexo11
Rookie

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
My mother's Honda van has a SLIGHT nudge, exposing the metal. It turns out they're actually vinyl.... I'm sure your's is paint though. You COULD always go buy black vinyl and vinyl over it too, that's not too bad of an idea IMO.

Might sound crazy but I was thinking of going over it with a black permanent maker since it's such a small fine line.

Quick Reply: Driver side pillar (PICKS INCLUDED)