Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Driver-side Headlight Issues, 2007 GS350

Old 01-13-14, 05:25 AM   #16
sdg
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default RE: my prior thread #5

Ended up researching OEM Phillips bulb on-line and bought two of them for less than $100. Watched a couple youtube videos on replacing the bulbs focusing on removing the air cleaner (passenger side) and wiper fluid neck extension (drivers side) to gain best access to the bulbs. Turned out to be a real simple procedure. Took less than 40 minutes to do both bulbs start to finish. Been working fine for over a month now. Did have a warning light come on afterward indicating bad 02 sensor. Checked connections at air filter and light cleared (again, with help from posts on this web site). Real happy with the result given dealer estimate for changing just one bulb with no diagnosis or assurance that it was just the bulb. This web site is invaluable. Not much of a "car aficionado" but am a nuts/bolts capable person. Also used web site to research tire replacement for my Michelins and ended up getting set of Continental Extreme Contact DWS. Good tire, good price, run great. Again, very happy.

This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
sdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-14, 06:25 AM   #17
XxGoKoUxX
Lexus Champion

Send a message via AIM to XxGoKoUxX Send a message via MSN to XxGoKoUxX Send a message via Yahoo to XxGoKoUxX

glad you got the problem sorted out sdg

Yes, the dealer does kinda bite us in the butt when it comes to bulbs, HID systems, and headlights.....

I feel the same as you, as it is tough to pay someone in the upwards of near $100 for labor changing out a bulb that would take me 5 minutes.
XxGoKoUxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-14, 07:14 AM   #18
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (3)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000548829927 AWD GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by burny View Post
mine was the cheap assed bulb
yes do not cheap on the bulbs as it will tend to do the same issue.

95% of the time this is a bulb issue, nothing more. get quality bulbs and replace the factory ones. problem solved

2006 Lexus GS 300 AWD Glacier Frost Mica - Black - ML Package
20" x 8.5" Status Knight Wheels Black with Machine Face | Bridgestone G-Force Tires 245/30/20 | BC Racing Coilovers | Carson Tuned Lip Kit | 3000k HID Fogs | Prestigious Society Navi/DVD Override Kit | 15% Tint | Black Roof and Window Trim
IXI187IXI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-14, 12:46 PM   #19
sxwk12
Driver

I just replaced mine. It was doing the same thing. I bought some from IDJMtoy.com and my driver's side still did it. Several guys on here told me it was cheap bulbs. And to get GARAX bulbs on eBay. They were like $80 for 2. Had them in for 3 days now and neither side have gone out yet.

Go with GARAX bulbs on eBay.
sxwk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-14, 03:40 AM   #20
DavidPil
Driver School Candidate

I have a similar issue... but its on the lexus IS 350.. But I replaced the light bulbs at first and the drivers side still goes out after a while of running.. sometimes after 5 minutes. I ended up replacing the ballast on it and It still did the same thing... I ended up switching the bulbs from left to right and it seemed to work for about a week. Than started doing the same thing.. I wonder if it is the type of bulbs I bought offline?? anyone have any thoughts.. I am not taking it to a dealer I refuse to pay them for this crap.
DavidPil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-14, 03:40 AM

Tags
2007, 350, gs, gs350, head, headlamp, headlight, igniter, intermittent, issue, lexus, light, number, part, relay