GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Lexus Recall

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-13, 12:26 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 794 Likes on 687 Posts

Originally Posted by vladbph
Not sure how to react on that yet.... but...reading this post I got an impression that the job takes about 6-8 hours. I have a dvr in my car for a long time now... After 2 weeks after this repair was done I reviewed the recordings for another reasons... and found out that repair actually took... 53 minutes.... Not sure - did they cut some corners or technicians are so good to finish the job 6-8 times faster.....or?.... Any opinions?

6-8 hours is the book hours. Many dealerships use this route to price labour. The book takes into consideration diagnostics of the part.

BTW what type of cam are you running im looking to purchase one
Old 12-24-13, 10:46 AM
vladbph
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ibidu1
6-8 hours is the book hours. Many dealerships use this route to price labour. The book takes into consideration diagnostics of the part.

BTW what type of cam are you running im looking to purchase one
Hmm... Ok. To be honest I don't experience any issues, just wondering... As to the cam: it is GS8000L. Not quite good at night, but otherwise Im pretty happy with it.
Old 12-27-13, 09:52 AM
mydawgz
Driver School Candidate

My 06 GS300 had the engine rattle and the dealership fixed it at no charge. I had to get "special approval" from corporate to have it done at no charge but they fixed it. They had it over 2 weeks. After about a year.... the rattle is back again!! I am hoping they include the GS300 in the recall. Without a doubt.... it has a problem.
Old 12-29-13, 09:56 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by vladbph
Not sure how to react on that yet.... but...reading this post I got an impression that the job takes about 6-8 hours. I have a dvr in my car for a long time now... After 2 weeks after this repair was done I reviewed the recordings for another reasons... and found out that repair actually took... 53 minutes.... Not sure - did they cut some corners or technicians are so good to finish the job 6-8 times faster.....or?.... Any opinions?

That's very interesting that surgery took under 1 hour.

I would call the service manager and ask him about it.
Old 12-31-13, 01:15 PM
blue00
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

So... does this recall affect every single car in the VIN range? I recently purchased a 2010 GS350, I knew about the recall and asked the salesperson, he said he will follow up with the service manager, when I returned a few days later he told me that they can't find any outstanding recall on this car and if any were issued it would have been done before it was Lexus certified (it is on the checklist of things actually to perform outstanding recall work). My car drives fantastic and does not make any noises on cold starts (and it gets cold here in Canada).

I ran the VIN on the recall site and nothing comes up? if it was recalled, would they remove the notice once a specific VIN is fixed (can someone who has had the recall done confirm)? I find it odd that my VIN that is midway through the serial numbers would not have it unless they removed it after fix.

Just paranoid.

EDIT, just got off the phone with Lexus Canada, they confirmed that the car was affected and dealer did perform the service, so yes, when it is fixed it seem to go off the recall list.

Last edited by blue00; 12-31-13 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Update
Old 12-31-13, 05:34 PM
james0076s
Driver School Candidate

Just got the recall done today and pick up my car this evening. Was happy to return the ES350h they lent me. After getting and driving the car for a few miles I noticed the ride is much smoother. But now 3 hours later, I am getting a dreadful check vsc message on my odometer, traction control light, check engine light on. Did a battery reset which clear it. I am praying it doesnt come back up. Since it new years tomorrow dealership is close. If it comes back on again, going to have to bring it back.
Old 12-31-13, 06:06 PM
Jens
Driver School Candidate

I just took my 09 gs in to complete my recall and to fix moisture in headlight lens.and No they Didn't put gas in car( yes they are suppose to) and failed to do anything about moisture in headlight . When I asked about it they said it wasn't covered under extended warranty ! WoW??
Old 01-01-14, 11:19 AM
james0076s
Driver School Candidate

Looks like battery reset did work but only for one 25 mile drive to a New Years party. But when heading back home the check VSC message, check engine and traction control light came back on. Dealership is closed today. I am out of warranty and worried I am going to have pay for something that I didn't have before doing this recall.
Old 01-02-14, 04:03 PM
Skylar978
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by james0076s
Looks like battery reset did work but only for one 25 mile drive to a New Years party. But when heading back home the check VSC message, check engine and traction control light came back on. Dealership is closed today. I am out of warranty and worried I am going to have pay for something that I didn't have before doing this recall.
How is your car holding up? I had the recall service as well and was plagued with the same issues you described. Mine ended up being a bad alternator @ 122k miles. I am currently in the process to find out if the recall had anything to do with the alternator going bad. I may, or may come up empty handed, but it is worth looking into.
Old 01-02-14, 07:57 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Dam bros. I hope everyone gets there issues resolved. I know how it feels. Sometimes lights lit on a dash sometimes direct to one thing, can be a whole other thing. Maybe much less bad then what you originally had thought you know.. good luck everyone!
Old 01-03-14, 05:34 AM
pman6
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Just got the recall done today and pick up my car this evening. Was happy to return the ES350h they lent me. After getting and driving the car for a few miles I noticed the ride is much smoother. But now 3 hours later, I am getting a dreadful check vsc message on my odometer, traction control light, check engine light on. Did a battery reset which clear it. I am praying it doesnt come back up. Since it new years tomorrow dealership is close. If it comes back on again, going to have to bring it back.

where did you get yours serviced? I'll be sure to avoid them.

I don't have any electrical problems, and will tell them prior to doing the recall.
Old 01-03-14, 06:21 AM
uz07lex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey I'm having the same problem. I got the recall done about a week ago. Not only do I have the lights on but my Eng is leaking oil. I've had it with this dealer . I'm going to another dealer for them to check it out.
Old 01-03-14, 09:12 AM
Shawnmack
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I never heard my GS rattle but mine recall is still open but I'm scared to have it done because it might cause some problems later.
Old 01-03-14, 10:38 AM
james0076s
Driver School Candidate

Turned out to be the 02 sensor, Not sure how that went bad as it has no correlation with the engine recall. I was out of warranty, I expressed my frustration to the Service Advisor of having to pay for this but they went ahead with a good will replacment for me. to Lexus Service!
Way better than Inifiniti, which likes to place the blaming game which I previously use to go through.
Old 01-12-14, 12:10 PM
StevenC56
Driver

We had the cold start noise on our 07 GS 350 when it only had about 10K miles. There was a service bulletin that addressed the problem, and that repair was performed under the regular warranty. It's been fine ever since with 50K on it now. Is this recall something other than what was already performed? We hate to take our car in to our local dealer unless we absolutely have no choice. They either break or damage something on the car every single time it goes in.

Quick Reply: Lexus Recall