GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Lexus Recall

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-13, 07:12 PM
SCGS350
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cloud777x

My dealer in SoCal told me that a "remedy for the recall" is still not out yet. And a local dealer should contact you via mail when a "remedy" has been found. Not all Lexus dealerships has been trained to deal with the recall yet unfortunately. Well if something bad happens to anyone regarding the recall, you should be able to sue and get a brand new GS.
The nationwide lexus site already displays that a solution has been found, it mentions to call your dealer to get an appointment setup. Log into mylexus.com and you'll see the campaign. If your dealer is yet to receive parts, they should mention that as opposed to no remedy found yet....and sweet free gas fillup!
Old 10-15-13, 10:16 PM
RentonMark
Driver School Candidate

I was just at Lexus of Bellevue this past Thursday for an oil change and front brakes. While I was there I brought up the matter of this recall to the Service Consultant. He stated it wasn't officially a "recall" yet, just a Technical Service Bulletin. He also said I'd receive a letter once it was official and to wait until I received it to schedule any service related to it.

In any case, after seeing the updated info on Mylexus.com last night, I called today scheduled my appointment for Monday morning. They told me a loaner will be provided and it is approximately a 6 hour process. So we shall see how it goes, what type of loaner I get and if they top off my tank.
Old 10-16-13, 06:05 AM
wadeski
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Got my appointment set for the 29th. They said it could take a day or two.
Old 10-16-13, 09:29 AM
ksan
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went and dropped off my GS today at Lexus of Northborough, and they gave me a 2014 IS. Nice car. I told them to take there time due to im one of first few to get this done. I told them and stressed it that I am in no rush, and for the techs to take all the time they need to get this issue resolved. I will let you know how this goes when I get it back!
Old 10-16-13, 11:47 AM
sirblinks
Lexus Test Driver

For 2006 gs300 users, this doesn't apply to us. Lexus Corp called me today to let me know if it's indeed the cam gear issue, they will not be able to compensate me. It must be paid out of pocket. Yep, looks like imma have to find a new car with all the issues i've been having.
Old 10-16-13, 06:58 PM
chuckGS350
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ksan
Went and dropped off my GS today at Lexus of Northborough, and they gave me a 2014 IS. Nice car. I told them to take there time due to im one of first few to get this done. I told them and stressed it that I am in no rush, and for the techs to take all the time they need to get this issue resolved. I will let you know how this goes when I get it back!
They won't touch my car again this time. Two bad services are enough.
Old 10-17-13, 05:29 AM
stefnee
Driver

I dropped my car off yesterday. When I asked my service advisor what the recall was for he said it to do with engine oil. . I would have preferred he said he was not sure. When I told him what I knew, he admitted he was not exactly sure because the recall was new.
Old 10-17-13, 06:29 AM
burny
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

That's reassuring
Old 10-17-13, 12:38 PM
ksan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by chuckGS350
They won't touch my car again this time. Two bad services are enough.
what happen if you don't mind me asking? I only go there because my buddy use to be a master tech there, and I know a few people through him. Also probably the closes location to where I live.. I just got a call today stating that my car is done and the tech took it out for a drive, and do all final checks..
Old 10-17-13, 02:47 PM
typrice
Rookie

Made my appointment for Monday! YAY! Let you guys know what they are going to do about the bolts actually backing out.
Old 10-18-13, 12:31 PM
Jeepdude
Driver School Candidate

I wonder, are there any other services that could be done along with this recall at a reduced expense? Maybe the serpentine belt?

I was thinking something along the lines of the spark plugs when they were doing the valve spring recall.

Last edited by Jeepdude; 10-18-13 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-18-13, 02:27 PM
SCGS350
Rookie

Originally Posted by Jeepdude
I wonder, are there any other services that could be done along with this recall at a reduced expense? Maybe the serpentine belt?

I was thinking something along the lines of the spark plugs when they were doing the valve spring recall.
Actually yes, I dropped my vehicle off this morning and they gave me 5 additional services that I could opt for (don't know if it was discounted). It was engine air filter, plugs, throttle body cleanup and pretty much replacement of all hoses ($500). Might be missing one. I opted for none since I'm up to date on my service.
Old 10-18-13, 05:31 PM
Lexo11
Rookie

Originally Posted by SCGS350
Actually yes, I dropped my vehicle off this morning and they gave me 5 additional services that I could opt for (don't know if it was discounted). It was engine air filter, plugs, throttle body cleanup and pretty much replacement of all hoses ($500). Might be missing one. I opted for none since I'm up to date on my service.
Did you remove the throttle body to clean it thoroughly? If so, did you have to purchase a new seal once you removed the TB for cleaning.
Old 10-18-13, 05:36 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Just got an email about the intake VVT actuator gears recall.
Didn't get anything in the mail.

Does this require major surgery again? They gonna disassemble everything?

6 hours is a long time.

With all these recalls, we should get a lifetime unlimited mileage warranty. That 6 year warranty for the valve spring recall was weak, and has already expired

Last edited by pman6; 10-18-13 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-18-13, 06:46 PM
chuckGS350
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ksan
what happen if you don't mind me asking? I only go there because my buddy use to be a master tech there, and I know a few people through him. Also probably the closes location to where I live.. I just got a call today stating that my car is done and the tech took it out for a drive, and do all final checks..
They kept my car for 3 days for calipers replacement under warranty and rotors out of the pocket.
500 miles later noticed 2 missing lug nuts on a same wheel.
Another time, my wife brought a car in for a service. When she picked it up, it was unwashed.
My complained email to SA went unanswered. Instead they emailed me a survey and asked how happy I was with the service and if I came back again.

When I first came there for service, there weren't many customers. Now they get so busy and probably don't care if I complained. People like them probably they give out loaner even with a minor service.
Watertown don't give out loaner unless it's a major service. That's probably why they charge a bit less. Lexus of Watertown is only 4 miles from where I work. So it's more convenient to go there.

Quick Reply: Lexus Recall