GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2007 Lexus GS350 - Car beeping (low alarm sound) with hazard lights flashing & no pwr

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-13, 04:39 PM
Nemamimsp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Lexus GS350 - Car beeping (low alarm sound) with hazard lights flashing & no pwr

I drive a 2007 Lexus GS 350 with 60,000 miles on it. Today I was running an errand I parked my car and then went back to work. After four hours I came back to the parking lot and heard a really low beeping sound coming from the parking lot. It turned out to be my car. I tried to open the car door with my keyfob and nothing was working. I opened the door manually and was not able to turn the ignition on as there was no internal power. I finally jumpstarted the car and alarm went off as the car staredt. I got the battery tested and the battery was completely fine. I called the Lexus dealership and explained the problem and the technician did not think there was anything wrong with the starter or anything else with the engine. The gentleman I spoke to thought you might have been Keyfob battery that may have caused this. One thing that I noticed last couple of Was that the car air filter needs to be changed. Could that have caused this to happen?

Note: temperature has been in the 90s in the week or so! The car was parked in a covered parking ramp!

Any thoughts or feed back is really appreciated!
Old 08-28-13, 05:39 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Nemamimsp
I drive a 2007 Lexus GS 350 with 60,000 miles on it. Today I was running an errand I parked my car and then went back to work. After four hours I came back to the parking lot and heard a really low beeping sound coming from the parking lot. It turned out to be my car. I tried to open the car door with my keyfob and nothing was working. I opened the door manually and was not able to turn the ignition on as there was no internal power. I finally jumpstarted the car and alarm went off as the car staredt. I got the battery tested and the battery was completely fine. I called the Lexus dealership and explained the problem and the technician did not think there was anything wrong with the starter or anything else with the engine. The gentleman I spoke to thought you might have been Keyfob battery that may have caused this. One thing that I noticed last couple of Was that the car air filter needs to be changed. Could that have caused this to happen?

Note: temperature has been in the 90s in the week or so! The car was parked in a covered parking ramp!

Nope that would not cause that. Sounds like your alarm went off and drained your battery.
Old 08-28-13, 09:40 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

You might have just hit the alarm on your way somewhere, or someone tried to mess with your car and set it off...

On another note, is this a Lexus battery? Because I truly do hate Lexus batteries for their reliability. I've had nothing but bad luck with them since I first had them replaced.
Old 08-29-13, 09:02 AM
Nemamimsp
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Nope that would not cause that. Sounds like your alarm went off and drained your battery.
This may have happened! And makes sense to me! I don't think anyone tried to open the car door but it is good idea to check with the facility folks to see of there are any cameras!
Thanks for your feedback!
Old 08-29-13, 09:06 AM
Nemamimsp
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
You might have just hit the alarm on your way somewhere, or someone tried to mess with your car and set it off...

On another note, is this a Lexus battery? Because I truly do hate Lexus batteries for their reliability. I've had nothing but bad luck with them since I first had them replaced.
It is not a Lexus battery! Hopefully it was just me accidentally setting off the alarm! One thing to note is that sometimes I am forgetful that I locked the car so after walking 30 feet away or so, I hit the lock button about 2x3 times! Could this have caused this behavior?
Old 08-29-13, 07:54 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

No sir, it should not.... I do the same thing all the time hahaha.... Sometimes the way the keys jiggle in your pocket, you won't know you set off the "ALARM" button.

Although, I don't know if the alarm will go off forever..... I believe it shuts off after a while, so that shouldn't be the problem I don't think. I'll try this one of these days when I'm in a deserted area so I don't feel too stupid for ya hahaha
Old 12-23-13, 08:14 AM
pepper183
Driver School Candidate

OP-any update what was wrong with car. Same thing happened to me. I changed the battery and 2 days later it was dead again. Any suggestions? Car is 2007 awd with 94k
Old 12-31-13, 04:43 PM
Nemamimsp
Driver School Candidate

Pepper183 - no updates to share really! The car did this only one time and the battery was tested which passed with flying colors! In case I got the alarm key on my keys, it should have stopped after a while and maybe that didn't happen and it drained the battery! Good luck and let us know what you find out!
Old 01-01-14, 06:27 PM
pepper183
Driver School Candidate

Ended up being my alternator.
Old 01-02-14, 08:10 AM
pepper183
Driver School Candidate

Well back to the drawing board. Changed alternator and battery car is dead again. No aftermarket anything and nothing left on in the car.
Old 01-02-14, 11:55 AM
rjk
Pit Crew

If you jump start it, what's the voltage while running?

It's possible that one too many deep discharges has damaged your battery so it will no longer hold a full charge. If you can't get the car to run even with a jump start, that would indicate that you still have some kind of alternator problem, since it (theoretically) should be able to run without any battery at all.
Old 01-02-14, 01:24 PM
pepper183
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rkenimer
If you jump start it, what's the voltage while running?

It's possible that one too many deep discharges has damaged your battery so it will no longer hold a full charge. If you can't get the car to run even with a jump start, that would indicate that you still have some kind of alternator problem, since it (theoretically) should be able to run without any battery at all.
Funny you say that. I did the battery first then the alternator theeeeen another battery. Car starts with a jump. Checked the battery and alternator and both check out. Guess it's back to lexus.
Old 08-06-14, 12:10 PM
fshadow
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Nemamimsp

================
Hi Nemamimsp,
I join the forum today after read your post. I had the same problem with my Lexus GS350 2008 yesterday. I was not sure it was drained because of the alarm or what. There was no power at all I have to jump start battery. I had the same problem 2 months ago with the alarm went off that drained battery. I would appreciate if you or anyone could advise on the issue.
Old 09-25-14, 08:56 AM
Sharondel
Driver School Candidate

Sort of similar to what happened with my 2007 GS350 with 100k miles. I heard a faint "dying" beep from my car in the middle of the night. As if the alarm was slowly dying. The car had no power. Called AAA and they jump started it but said my battery was not good. Changed the battery and all seemed ok. A couple days later i noticed a faint smell from the car and it died on me on the freeway. Turns out the alternator (which AAA said tested ok) was bad. So far so good... hoping that is all bc it was not cheap to change the alternator.