Club Lexus Forums

Club Lexus Forums (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   GS - Third Generation (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-third-generation-153/)
-   -   Lexus GS 350 2007 - Engine is not starting! (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-third-generation/703164-lexus-gs-350-2007-engine-is-not-starting.html)

raed48 07-29-13 11:46 AM

Lexus GS 350 2007 - Engine is not starting!

Hi, I have a Lexus GS 350 2007 model, I was trying to start the engine, so I pressed down the brake pedal and the Start/Stop Engine button became green, so I pressed it and the engine was about to start, I removed my leg from the brakes pedal while it was starting and the engine stopped starting!! I tried to start it again but no luck! I noticed that the brakes pedal became stiff!! Panel lights can be turned on or off normally, remote Lock/Unlock works, steering wheel became slow when it goes up and down when press Start/Stop Engine button!! Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Note: I fully charged the battery for 2 mins but again no luck!

Sorry for my English, I appreciate your help.
Thanks!

worker 07-29-13 11:55 AM

Fully charge the battery and try it again. :)

Using a battery tender or charger should be fine.

raed48 07-29-13 12:01 PM

I tried this, and I waited for 2 mins to recharge it but the same, it's not working!

worker 07-29-13 06:18 PM

^ I was thinking more like 30mins. Depend on the mode of the charger. Did it try to turn at all?

raed48 07-29-13 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worker (Post 8064094)
^ I was thinking more like 30mins. Depend on the mode of the charger. Did it try to turn at all?

Thanks worker for trying to help, really appreciated! Problem solved, I just replaced the old battery with a new one! But am still wondering why the engine wouldn't start with recharging the old battery for more than 20 mins!! I tried to recharge it from another car's battery that used to recharge a GMC Yokun!!!

XxGoKoUxX 07-29-13 10:07 PM

Sometimes the cable isn't strong enough or has fallen useless after long usage (the jumper cables that is). I've gone through quite a few in my time when I had my Miata.... I barely drove that car and the battery always died on me.

worker 08-05-13 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raed48 (Post 8064153)
I just replaced the old battery with a new one! But am still wondering why the engine wouldn't start with recharging the old battery for more than 20 mins!! I tried to recharge it from another car's battery that used to recharge a GMC Yokun!!!

so it was the battery after all. :thumbup: 20mins is minuscule when it come to car battery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX (Post 8064502)
Sometimes the cable isn't strong enough or has fallen useless after long usage (the jumper cables that is). I've gone through quite a few in my time when I had my Miata.... I barely drove that car and the battery always died on me.

that must be some cheap cable you bought. But than things has gone cheap quality lately. 8 gauge is not what it used to be. The size maybe 8 gauge but the material as change to other than copper. The new and improve in this upside down world.

designo 08-05-13 07:56 AM

Same here today, on a hot 120 degree weather, my car wouldn't crank! Jump started her but traction and Check Engine Lights remained on!

Took her to the dealer.