GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

New Wheel just came in!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-13, 02:14 PM
hiendo85
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
OHH, sorry. when we say BCR, we mean BC Racing coilovers.

From a bit of research, I was told BCR's have bigger better pistons than the Megans.... although I never had them sitting in front of me so I have no room to say or judge.

Either way, I'm using BCR now and it's smoother than stock IMO. My jaw dropped yesterday after readjustment because running over bumps made almost NO noise at all anymore.

Also please note, I'm riding on UAS Air bags vs the typical springs, but as above, someone's stated they ride on BCR coilovers too and very comfortable ride .

Installation shouldn't be much, someone with just plain BCR's should chime in..... You can actually DIY it as it isn't very hard at all. People on here have done it plenty of times.
Thanks XxGoKoUxX, sounds like you know lots about this.. i will get back with you when i get my hands on those BC Racing coilover.
Old 07-11-13, 04:40 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

NP buddy, I'm not the only one with experience in this There's whole threads that will give you a step-by-step guide on how to install the coilovers.
Old 07-11-13, 07:55 PM
huyqly
Driver

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
OHH, sorry. when we say BCR, we mean BC Racing coilovers.

From a bit of research, I was told BCR's have bigger better pistons than the Megans.... although I never had them sitting in front of me so I have no room to say or judge.

Either way, I'm using BCR now and it's smoother than stock IMO. My jaw dropped yesterday after readjustment because running over bumps made almost NO noise at all anymore.

Also please note, I'm riding on UAS Air bags vs the typical springs, but as above, someone's stated they ride on BCR coilovers too and very comfortable ride .

Installation shouldn't be much, someone with just plain BCR's should chime in..... You can actually DIY it as it isn't very hard at all. People on here have done it plenty of times.
I have BC coils, I have them set at 18 clicks towards soft infront and 20 towards soft in back, to me they seem to ride still kind of rough, maybe ill try 20 infront and 25 in the back
Old 07-11-13, 08:54 PM
hiendo85
Rookie

Originally Posted by huyqly
I have BC coils, I have them set at 18 clicks towards soft infront and 20 towards soft in back, to me they seem to ride still kind of rough, maybe ill try 20 infront and 25 in the back
could you post a picture of how your car sit so i can see ?? im currently looking at the BC Coils..
Old 07-11-13, 10:52 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

I'm running bc racing coils with these spring rates 10 front 12 rear..as far as clicks..im running softer in the rear than the front. Not sure on the exact numbers. I adjusted multiple times to fit my needs. So many unexpecting bumps in nyc, cant hit them while being too low and soft (on clicks) and bottoming out often..
Old 07-12-13, 08:32 AM
jubay
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice & clean
Old 07-12-13, 10:21 AM
hiendo85
Rookie

Originally Posted by Lex Luga
I'm running bc racing coils with these spring rates 10 front 12 rear..as far as clicks..im running softer in the rear than the front. Not sure on the exact numbers. I adjusted multiple times to fit my needs. So many unexpecting bumps in nyc, cant hit them while being too low and soft (on clicks) and bottoming out often..
how is the ride quality compare to the original suspension ?
Old 07-12-13, 01:55 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Well im pretty damn low for nyc, 1 finger gap in front and almost no gap in rear, with low profile tires, so for me worse mostly because of the low profile tires.. When i had stock wheels on, i would say it was just as smooth as stock. I wouldn't say better..but almost equal which is damn good for a lowered car..
Old 07-12-13, 02:01 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

These are my 18"s. NYC streets would destroy my cv1s..New Wheel just came in!!!!-20130505_023639.jpg
Old 07-12-13, 02:15 PM
hiendo85
Rookie

Originally Posted by Lex Luga
These are my 18"s. NYC streets would destroy my cv1s..Attachment 290096
nice and clean... i bet your car would look so much better on the vossen cv1, those are some nice wheels. have you consider getting air suspension?? up or down anytime..
Old 07-12-13, 04:08 PM
huyqly
Driver

Unhappy

So after so many people saying BC rides almost like stock, I went out to adjust the damper and realize I've been turning right which is stiff instead of left. Now that I adjusted them they do almost ride like stock. I am at 20 clicks towards soft in the back and 17 clicks towards soft In front, boy do I feel dumb pays to read lol. Here is where I am currently sitting at
Old 07-12-13, 04:16 PM
huyqly
Driver

Here is how low my car sits
Attached Thumbnails New Wheel just came in!!!!-image.jpg  
Old 07-12-13, 04:17 PM
huyqly
Driver

Here is another
Attached Thumbnails New Wheel just came in!!!!-image.jpg  
Old 07-12-13, 05:35 PM
hiendo85
Rookie

Originally Posted by huyqly
Here is another
wow! nice ride buddy. thanks for the pictures. so many positive feedbacks with these bc racing coilover, i've got to get one.
Old 07-12-13, 06:00 PM
huyqly
Driver

Originally Posted by hiendo85
wow! nice ride buddy. thanks for the pictures. so many positive feedbacks with these bc racing coilover, i've got to get one.
Thanks brah! Getting my work wheels here prob next week may go a little lower also. Def try the BC, I will prob go air next year.

Quick Reply: New Wheel just came in!!!!