Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Rear headrest

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-27-13, 08:49 PM   #1
chrislha
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 2
Default Rear headrest

Can any of you tell me how to remove the rear headrest on the 3GS? Long story short, it has a deep indentation from a car seat. I also need to know where I can find the OEM headrest.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
chrislha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-13, 01:30 AM   #2
endlesslex
Pole Position
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: TX
Posts: 317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislha View Post
Can any of you tell me how to remove the rear headrest on the 3GS? Long story short, it has a deep indentation from a car seat. I also need to know where I can find the OEM headrest.
i have tan one forsell... ..
endlesslex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-13, 09:21 AM   #3
ibidu1
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 1,605
Default

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?clk_r...temCondition=4
ibidu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-13, 09:30 AM   #4
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (3)
 
IXI187IXI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philly
Posts: 8,120
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000548829927 AWD GS
Default

you can buy them new here or probably cheaper at Sewell. imo ebay is probably the best because i wouldnt pay that for a headrest.
__________________

2006 Lexus GS 300 AWD Glacier Frost Mica - Black - ML Package
20" x 8.5" Status Knight Wheels Black with Machine Face | Bridgestone G-Force Tires 245/30/20 | BC Racing Coilovers | Carson Tuned Lip Kit | 3000k HID Fogs | Prestigious Society Navi/DVD Override Kit | 15% Tint | Black Roof and Window Trim
IXI187IXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-13, 07:14 AM   #5
elvin6188
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: singapore
Posts: 24
elvin wong
Default

any ideal where to get head rest with monitor , thanks
elvin6188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-13, 07:19 AM   #6
BinaryJay
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,009
Default

I just made the same mistake with mine... I only had the car seat in with the headrest for like a week but when I decided to remove the headrest because I noticed how stupidly I tightened the top tether and it was crushing it... well, it was crushed good... I am waiting to see if it can still spring back on it's own. If it doesn't, I decided not to care... this car is getting to the point where I'm past caring. :P

You just press the tab at the bottom of one of the posts and pull it up until it comes out. It will hit the ceiling of the car but just keep pulling.
__________________
http://i42.tinypic.com/30mmpe1.jpg
BinaryJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-13, 11:42 PM   #7
chrislha
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryJay View Post
I just made the same mistake with mine... I only had the car seat in with the headrest for like a week but when I decided to remove the headrest because I noticed how stupidly I tightened the top tether and it was crushing it... well, it was crushed good... I am waiting to see if it can still spring back on it's own. If it doesn't, I decided not to care... this car is getting to the point where I'm past caring. :P

You just press the tab at the bottom of one of the posts and pull it up until it comes out. It will hit the ceiling of the car but just keep pulling.
Thanks for the info. I am also waiting to see if it can spring back by itself which may takes a long time. I did try to pull it up and it did hit the ceiling and still won't come out. May be i'll try a little harder.
chrislha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-13, 08:28 AM   #8
XxGoKoUxX
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
XxGoKoUxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 2,870
Send a message via AIM to XxGoKoUxX Send a message via MSN to XxGoKoUxX Send a message via Yahoo to XxGoKoUxX
Default

you might have to take the back seat out, start with bottom half, then pull the backseat off with a few bolts. it's a bit of a PITA but it's probably how you take out the rear headrests. GL!
XxGoKoUxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-13, 09:31 AM   #9
BinaryJay
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislha View Post
Thanks for the info. I am also waiting to see if it can spring back by itself which may takes a long time. I did try to pull it up and it did hit the ceiling and still won't come out. May be i'll try a little harder.
It took a long time but mine sprang back to 90-95% of the original shape so far... leather is a little bit worse for wear in the area where the strap was cinched down.

It hits the ceiling, just keep pulling up and out - it's 99% of the way there by the time it touches the ceiling... you won't damage anything.
__________________
http://i42.tinypic.com/30mmpe1.jpg
BinaryJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-13, 09:32 AM   #10
BinaryJay
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX View Post
you might have to take the back seat out, start with bottom half, then pull the backseat off with a few bolts. it's a bit of a PITA but it's probably how you take out the rear headrests. GL!
I definitely did not have to do this. Just hold the tab on the post down and pull up and out and it comes out. It does need to press into the ceiling but only slightly, at first I wasn't sure but I just kept pulling and it popped out and I didn't get to the point where I was really worried about forcing anything.

Just squish the top of the headrest down a bit with your free hand as well, it might help... it's just foam, so compress it.
__________________
http://i42.tinypic.com/30mmpe1.jpg
BinaryJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-13, 10:11 PM   #11
LexToy3
Driver
Trader Score: (2)
 
LexToy3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Orig: FL/ Now in Germany
Posts: 123
Default

Agreed as stated above. Took out the interior of my car and the rear headrests were the first things to be removed. Pulling it forward a little helps too.
__________________
Next: ???
2006 GS300 AWD: Totaled...
2011 Audi Q7 Premium Plus-- Wife/Family
2011 335D M Sport --Sold--
2008 Range Rover Sport HSE --Sold--
1999 GS300- ist kaput...
LexToy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-13, 10:19 PM   #12
XxGoKoUxX
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
XxGoKoUxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 2,870
Send a message via AIM to XxGoKoUxX Send a message via MSN to XxGoKoUxX Send a message via Yahoo to XxGoKoUxX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryJay View Post
I definitely did not have to do this. Just hold the tab on the post down and pull up and out and it comes out. It does need to press into the ceiling but only slightly, at first I wasn't sure but I just kept pulling and it popped out and I didn't get to the point where I was really worried about forcing anything.

Just squish the top of the headrest down a bit with your free hand as well, it might help... it's just foam, so compress it.
ahh! thanks for clarifying

I never found a reason to take my rear headrests out, only thing I can do at the moment is suggest.
XxGoKoUxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-13, 10:19 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need Help - 2013 RX F Sport with rear DVD headrest installed at dealer.. jadoc Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics 0 08-21-12 08:42 AM
Headrests brettno1 IS - Second Generation 47 09-12-11 07:54 PM
Rear Headrests Question??? PLAYTYM SC 430 8 11-26-10 10:10 AM
Adjusting the Drivers Headrest Cut-Throat GS - Third Generation 6 01-09-07 07:23 PM
Headrest replacement needed ! diamondgs4 GS - Second Generation 16 06-26-04 12:03 AM


Tags
2007, gs350, head, headrest, is350, lexus, rear, rest

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:03 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info