Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

f sport suspension installed *almost

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-13, 07:23 PM
StayStanky
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f sport suspension installed *almost

Sup all,

Picked up f sport sways, shocks (Bilsteins), and springs for my 08 460 on Friday. Got them at a good price at a local dealership. My shop was able to get on all of the suspension parts except the front sway. My shop said that the end links are not long enough and do not line up. How can this be? The box that the sway bar set came in has the Toyota part number PRT02-30101 on the side which is the correct set for my car. However, after I brought the car home I was checking out the paperwork that came in the sway bar box. The paper has the AWD sway bar set part number....are these different sets? I'm going to call the dealership on Tuesday to see whats up.

Overall, I am pretty happy with the feel of the setup. Haven't tested it yet but first impressions from the drive home from the shop are good. Car feels much more planted. It feels stiffer, but nothing that I am not used to. Only complaint is the rear is higher than the front giving the car a slight raked look. I'm hoping the suspension will settle things out.. Another problem is my AFS light is blinking. Guys at my shop tried to fix it. They actually found clublexus and discovered the thread about adjusting the lights...they tried but couldn't get it to go off. I'm going to let the suspension rest before I mess with it further.

But for now, I really need help figuring out this sway bar issue. Again, shop says end links do not "line up" with what I have. Box says RWD sway bar part # but preparation paper in said box has the AWD sway bar part number....

Any ideas people?

car as it sat before...

car as it sits now (sorry will get better pic later)

(part of sway that my guy says does not line up

they say I need something like this to make it fit....??
Old 05-25-13, 07:24 PM
StayStanky
Driver School Candidate

Oh yeah....

car is getting new rubber next week. Any recommendations? Car is sitting on some Bridgestones right now. I think they are run flats.
Old 05-25-13, 07:40 PM
Mikeyy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't have any problems when installing my f-sport sway bars, lined up perfectly, did not need any additional endlinks. Possible they might have sent you a AWD sway bar
Old 05-25-13, 08:32 PM
StayStanky
Driver School Candidate

after additional research I found that they did give me the wrong sway bar set.

Was given PRT02 30102 (AWD) when it should have been PRT02 30100 (RWD) It even says it on the receipt the parts guy gave me when I put in the order...funny thing is, all the other parts he gave me is for RWD applications.

Only thing is, is I bought them as a set....rear is already installed on the car. Kind of pissed the dealership gave me the wrong set. I will have to call on Tuesday and see what they can do to make this right.

Magnussen in Fremont is the dealership btw.
Old 05-25-13, 10:25 PM
LexToy3
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The car not being level is caused by the front sway bar not being installed, or did they just work on the back because of the wrong part? Just seems like a rather large difference in comparison.
Old 05-26-13, 11:19 AM
StayStanky
Driver School Candidate

ya my shop saw the front didn't fit so they left the stock one on.

So car is riding on f sport shocks all 4 corners

f sport springs all 4 corners

f sport sway in the back w/ stock sway in the front for now....until I get the right front sway.

So your saying when they install the f sport sway it should level the car out? I'm hoping so....
Old 05-26-13, 12:13 PM
JJ604
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had mine installed yesterday and it makes a big difference I can take sharp turns more aggressively and with confidence. As for leveling issue, I doubt it has anything to do with the sway bars they are basically the same fitment as stock just a bit thicker bar. Im assuming the springs and shocks havent settled yet give it some time.
Old 05-28-13, 10:40 AM
Simmsled
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been looking for a description of how the F-Sport shocks affect the ride!
Old 05-31-13, 04:22 PM
StayStanky
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Simmsled
I've been looking for a description of how the F-Sport shocks affect the ride!
I'd estimate my car rides about 50% stiffer than stock...But keep in mind the suspension has only been on the car for a week. The shock/spring combo lowered the car a good 1.5-1.75". It rides stiff, some would probably say borderline harsh but it does not bother me whatsoever. Hitting corners is worth it. It feels like a totally different car.

Overall, I am extremely happy with the shocks, spring, bar combo. The rear is much more planted under hard acceleration. Wheel hop is minimal now. Car feels "faster" when taking off from a stop and more stable on the freeway. In fact, I got into a race with a pretty quick sc400 the other night and got up 120mph. My car hugged the sweeping turns very well and it actually felt good at that speed....which surprised me for a car this big.

Interior rattles were an initial problem. I had to install felt between the front and rear glass to quiet the noises. Just putting in the felt reduced the rattles by a good 75% I should have done that a lot sooner.
Old 06-01-13, 12:24 PM
TexasTaco
Driver

1.5-1.75 inches??? Pretty sure it's just 1 inch.
Old 06-01-13, 07:04 PM
Simmsled
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Stanky!

I've been contemplating the FSport shocks on stock springs and FSport sways.

Much appreciated!
Old 06-02-13, 08:56 AM
StayStanky
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TexasTaco
1.5-1.75 inches??? Pretty sure it's just 1 inch.

it seems like more that 1"...I'll post a pic in a week or so after the suspension has had time to settle more.
Old 06-21-13, 04:48 PM
skim07
Driver

Originally Posted by StayStanky
I'd estimate my car rides about 50% stiffer than stock...But keep in mind the suspension has only been on the car for a week. The shock/spring combo lowered the car a good 1.5-1.75". It rides stiff, some would probably say borderline harsh but it does not bother me whatsoever. Hitting corners is worth it. It feels like a totally different car.

Overall, I am extremely happy with the shocks, spring, bar combo. The rear is much more planted under hard acceleration. Wheel hop is minimal now. Car feels "faster" when taking off from a stop and more stable on the freeway. In fact, I got into a race with a pretty quick sc400 the other night and got up 120mph. My car hugged the sweeping turns very well and it actually felt good at that speed....which surprised me for a car this big.

Interior rattles were an initial problem. I had to install felt between the front and rear glass to quiet the noises. Just putting in the felt reduced the rattles by a good 75% I should have done that a lot sooner.
Be thankful nobody died while you guys were having fun @ 120mph...