GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

4300k LED fog lambs

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-14, 06:46 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

XxGoKoUxX: Good catch!!
Kuleaze: You up for a quick phone call to discuss? If so, send me a PM with your order number, and ill give you a call to discuss your options.

Steve
Old 03-06-14, 10:43 AM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
XxGoKoUxX: Good catch!!
Kuleaze: You up for a quick phone call to discuss? If so, send me a PM with your order number, and ill give you a call to discuss your options.

Steve
Unfortunately I had to go into the office today, normally I work from home... I'll PM you my cell and a good time to talk.. Thanks Steve...
Old 03-06-14, 11:27 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

sounds good!
Old 03-06-14, 12:55 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

While you're at it steve, discuss how installation HID High beams go on our cars.... (assuming he has DRLs activated during the day).
Old 03-06-14, 01:04 PM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Going out to check DRLs now... BRB!
Old 03-07-14, 09:22 PM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

XenonDepot, so I figured I'd give this a try, I know it's probably a little difficult to say for sure, but what are your thoughts... The fog lights and DRLs look to be stock and have that yellowish tint to them... The high beams are the same yellowish tint as the DRL, only brighter (obviously). The low beams definitely have a slight blue tint to them. Do you think you can say for certain what Kelvin they are from these photos?? If so, what are your recommendations for upgrading the fog lights, and the high beams so they all match my low beams??

Anyone else want to chime in, feel free!!

4300k LED fog lambs-dsc00107.jpg

4300k LED fog lambs-dsc00108.jpg

4300k LED fog lambs-dsc00109.jpg

4300k LED fog lambs-dsc00110.jpg

XxGoKoxX, it sounds like you've upgraded all your lights, any thoughts on what my low beams might be?? Also, does anyone have pictures of their setups?? I'm really struggling on what to do...
Old 03-08-14, 12:53 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

I'd go out on a limb and say 6000k..... You have to see these things in PERSON to know, as all cameras hinder color under a lens unfortunately .

I HAVE upgraded all my bulbs lol...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-hi-beams.html

In there's my tutorial on how to install HIDs in your highbeams/DRLs.

Things I have:

Garax 8000k HID D4S
HID 10000k 9005 HID kit (LIke I said, each brand is different).
HID 10000k 9006 HID kit (LIke I said, each brand is different).
LED 2825/194/168/T10 bulbs, Cool white, to match all bulbs (it's a wedge style bulb, so it's somewhat universal in the way that you can fit a few of the wedge type bulbs in there).

Hope this helps as reference
Old 03-08-14, 09:13 AM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
I'd go out on a limb and say 6000k..... You have to see these things in PERSON to know, as all cameras hinder color under a lens unfortunately .

I HAVE upgraded all my bulbs lol...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-hi-beams.html

In there's my tutorial on how to install HIDs in your highbeams/DRLs.

Things I have:

Garax 8000k HID D4S
HID 10000k 9005 HID kit (LIke I said, each brand is different).
HID 10000k 9006 HID kit (LIke I said, each brand is different).
LED 2825/194/168/T10 bulbs, Cool white, to match all bulbs (it's a wedge style bulb, so it's somewhat universal in the way that you can fit a few of the wedge type bulbs in there).

Hope this helps as reference
Great, thanks for the link, it was very helpful!! I'm thinking HID for my high beams isn't an option, I don't want to loose my flashing ability... I spoke with KBCarStuff the other day and he gave me some options for staying with Halogen, I might go that route. As for the fog lights, I'll probably order the 6000Ks, but I'll hold off and see if I can pull the low beams to confirm what's in there...

Thanks again for everyone's help!!
Old 03-08-14, 01:08 PM
YaMomma
Driver

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuleaze
Good to know, like you, I'll probably go the $199 route... Do they come with full installation instructions? I'm guessing this is a simple plug-n-play - no special modifications right? I read a little bit of the info and it sounds like you just take out the old, connect the new wires to the existing connectors and attached the bulb, yes?
It came with instructions but I didn't look at them, its straight forward and plug and play. It did however come with an extra relay which is not needed when upgrading fog lights.

Also, does anyone have pictures of their setups?? I'm really struggling on what to do...
Here is my setup, stock HID 4300k low beams, HID 4300k fog lights, 5000k LED city light, and stock high beams.

If you are going to make everything match don't forget about the city light. When the headlights are on the light next to them is your city lights. If you look closely you will notice two bulbs where the high beam / DRL are located. The link below will show you how to change it.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/1894011-post17.html

People upgrade their high beams to HID or LED so that their DRL don't look yellow. I however need the ability to flash a fool driving slow in the fast lane Therefore I turned off DRL and kept my high beams stock.

You may want to check out the FYI thread, there is a lot of information related to modding our cars.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...tart-here.html
Old 03-08-14, 01:47 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

I don't mean to get off topic, but this man needs some new plate frames!
Old 03-08-14, 02:08 PM
Skylar978
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4

Indeed lol
Old 03-08-14, 03:10 PM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Originally Posted by YaMomma
It came with instructions but I didn't look at them, its straight forward and plug and play. It did however come with an extra relay which is not needed when upgrading fog lights.

If you are going to make everything match don't forget about the city light. When the headlights are on the light next to them is your city lights. If you look closely you will notice two bulbs where the high beam / DRL are located. The link below will show you how to change it.

People upgrade their high beams to HID or LED so that their DRL don't look yellow. I however need the ability to flash a fool driving slow in the fast lane Therefore I turned off DRL and kept my high beams stock.

You may want to check out the FYI thread, there is a lot of information related to modding our cars.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...tart-here.html
Thanks for the pics... I've been in the FYI thread, just haven't gone through it extensively... I'll take some time and dig through it soon...
Old 03-08-14, 03:12 PM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
Hahaha.... Yes, I ordered a Chicago Blackhawks plate frame the other day and forgot to order two (the rear one has been upgraded!!...) I'll get to that soon!! Thanks for the reminder!!
Old 03-10-14, 10:37 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Kuleaze: I can't say for certain, but from the head-on pictures I would say to go with 5000k...

Steve
Old 03-10-14, 11:21 AM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
Kuleaze: I can't say for certain, but from the head-on pictures I would say to go with 5000k...

Steve
That's what I was thinking as well... I'm getting my windows tinted this week - the fog lights are next on the list...

I still want to retain the instant on of Halogen for the high beams, which option would you recommend now that you're suggesting 5000K for the fog lights Steve?? Will this Halogen option get rid of the yellow DRLs as well, or at least be better than what I have??

Quick Reply: 4300k LED fog lambs