GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-13, 03:33 AM
flippy206
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car wont start

help!!!! tried to installed the ivic android and now car won't start. check all the fuses and all fuses are good. Check battery and seem like battery is good. all lights comes on but car won't start and check engine light is on. what's can be wrong?

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 02-16-13, 07:16 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

How do you know the battery is good have you tested it? You may have drained the battery working on it, I would throw some jumper cables on it and see if it starts
Old 02-16-13, 08:52 AM
flippy206
Driver School Candidate

I borrow a charger from a Co worker and let it charge over night. That didn't work so I use a battery from another car. Got the same result with that, All interiors lights came on as Well as the navigation and all the exterior lights came on. Than I tried jumping it with a cable but it did nothing.

Old 02-16-13, 08:57 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Do you have an aftermarket alarm system? Are you getting any type of clicking from the starter, does it sound like it wants to start? Is your foot on the brake and trying to start it?

I wonder if you may have popped the fuseable link or may have messed with the wire for the brake sensor. See if the brake light works
Old 02-16-13, 09:07 AM
flippy206
Driver School Candidate

No after market alarm. and of course my foot is on the brake. and Yea the brake light came on. the push start button light is green,but when I press, it turn orange and No click.. also the dash stays on and will not go off so I have to take the negative off from battery.

Old 02-16-13, 09:21 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

I wonder if the battery in your key fob is dead try to put the key fob near the start switch and see if that works.

Another thing you can try is get out of the car lock it, then unlock it. Use the key to lock and unlock the door. I wonder if it is something to do with the security system. If none of that works, I would take apart the dash and see you may have left something unplugged. If the car still will not start, take out the Ivic and see if it will start
Old 02-16-13, 09:47 AM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Did you accidentally leave the car in drive when you took the center panel off? :P Car won't start unless the shifter is in park.

My personal vote is the battery should be charged up again.
Old 02-16-13, 10:41 AM
Al575
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Wiggle the steering wheel as you try to start the car. If the steering lock doesn't unlock the engine will not start.
Old 02-16-13, 01:54 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
Did you accidentally leave the car in drive when you took the center panel off? :P Car won't start unless the shifter is in park.

I was shooting for battery aswell, until he told me the start button turned orange and not green.
Old 02-16-13, 03:30 PM
Luke27617
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Did you disconnect and forgot to connect ground wire?
Old 02-16-13, 09:00 PM
flippy206
Driver School Candidate

[quote=ibidu1] I wonder if the battery in your key fob is dead try to put the key fob near the start switch and see if that works.

the key fob is good. I tried both my key fob.

Another thing you can try is get out of the car lock it, then unlock it. Use the key to lock and unlock the door. I wonder if it is something to do with the security system. If none of that works, I would take apart the dash and see you may have left something unplugged. If the car still will not start, take out the Ivic and see if it will start [/quote

tried lock and unlock but it did not respond..also already took the ivic out and hook back the stock harness. only took off two harness and made sure I did not left anything on hook. still wouldn't start.

Old 02-16-13, 09:05 PM
flippy206
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BinaryJay

No I didnt leave it in drive when I took the panel off. only way to take it off is to have it in nutro.

Old 02-16-13, 09:07 PM
flippy206
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Al575
Wiggle the steering wheel as you try to start the car. If the steering lock doesn't unlock the engine will not start.
tried wiggling the steering wheel and it doesn't seem to be lock, but still wouldn't start

Old 02-16-13, 09:10 PM
flippy206
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Luke27617
Did you disconnect and forgot to connect ground wire?
there were only two harness to disconnecte and the two to plug into the two harness of the ivic. and since the car would not start, I unhook the ivic and put the stock harness back on. but I did not know of any ground wire.

Old 02-16-13, 09:45 PM
anewname
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

- Maybe you didn't hook the shift connecter back up correctly.
- If you disconnected the battery before doing the install, maybe you hooked it back up the wrong way and fried everything

You said lock and unlock from the remote and it is not responding? That is kind of scary and kind of speaks to my second guess. I suggest checking the wiring to the shifter (because wiring to the stereo and navi shouldn't matter for starting the car) and if that doesn't fix it then get it to Lexus.

Quick Reply: car wont start