GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

This car is so goddamn sexy

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-13, 05:22 AM
Boron
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I said done right, I meant in keeping with the look/ethos of the car.
The fact Albert and others have spent a small fortune on having someone use their skills to shoehorn suspension or wheels into the wheel arches is neither here nor there, when the end result is that it doesn't gel with the rest of the design.
That's the difference, and it's that that you're not getting.
I'm looking at the whole picture, you're focusing on the minutia.
When I look at the car here, all I see is a bodykit/skirts slapped on with no real thought given to how it flows or interacts with the rest of the car's design.
I've looked at practically every kit known to be available for the 3GS, and the only one that I can think of that does sort of work in harmony with the GS, is that from G-Answer.

The exhaust is a complete joke, except it's not funny and the laughter comes from those who have more than an inkling of how exhaust gas flow is affected by fitting stupidly sized pipework and end cans designed for turbo applications, on a normally aspirated engine.

3M Dinoc faux-carbon wrap is so played out - everyone and his sister has had it done internally and/or externally, but the 3GS does not lend itself to being boy-racered like a TSX or DC5 Integra does.

The stanced/tucked/stretched look has also been so over done as to be unimaginative, thanks mainly to the Dub scene doing it for the past 7-8 years at least, iirc.

I don't choose to be negative out of spite or anything as such, but be under no illusions that I do get it, however I can't offer praise for something which has ruined an otherwise fine looking car.
So understand I've studied the car before offering an opinion, rather than looking at the images for a split second before concluding the end result was confused and rubbish looking.

Last edited by Boron; 02-17-13 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-13-13, 05:42 AM
c-low
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

appreciate what people do to their cars. geez
Old 02-13-13, 06:10 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Boron
When I said done right, I meant in keeping with the look/ethos of the car.
The fact Albert and others have spend a small fortune on having someone use their skills to shoehorn suspension or wheels into the wheel arches is neither here nor there, when the end result is that it doesn't gel with the rest of the design.
That's the difference, and it's that that you're not getting.
I'm looking at the whole picture, you're focusing on the minutia.
When I look at the car here, all I see is a bodykit/skirts slapped on with no real thought given to how it flows or interacts with the rest of the car's design.
I've looked at practically every kit known to be available for the 3GS, and the only one that I can think of that does sort of work in harmony with the GS, is that from G-Answer.

The exhaust is a complete joke, except it's not funny and the laughter comes from those who have more than an inkling of how exhaust gas flow is affected by fitting stupidly sized pipework and end cans designed for turbo applications, on a normally aspirated engine.

3M Dinoc faux-carbon wrap is so played out - everyone and his sister has had it done internally and/or externally, but the 3GS does not lend itself to being boy-racered like a TSX or DC5 Integra does.

The stanced/tucked/stretched look has also been so over done as to be unimaginative, thanks mainly to the Dub scene doing it for the past 7-8 years at least, iirc.

I don't choose to be negative out of spite or anything as such, but be under no illusions that I do get it, however I can't offer praise for something which has ruined an otherwise fine looking car.
So understand I've studied the car before offering an opinion, rather than looking at the images for a split second before deciding it didn't look right or appropriate.
no i do get it trust me. i know what you mean by trying to cram wheels under a suspension and make it work. i dont think you get the point of the stanced/hella flush (even though i hate that term) if your comparing it to the dub scene which is just a bunch of donks who slap 28s on boxes (granted i do appreciate the work that goes into that because you just cant lift it and slap wheels on).

there is a lot to fitment to pull it off. its something you either love or hate but i still feel that its something that any car guy should appreciate. whether its your style or not, as a fellow car enthusiast you should be able to appreciate the work.

i dont feel like this deserves anymore back and forth on this. we both have our opinions and we can agree to disagree. no need to clog this thread up
Old 02-13-13, 06:36 AM
MiGGy1186
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
no i do get it trust me. i know what you mean by trying to cram wheels under a suspension and make it work. i dont think you get the point of the stanced/hella flush (even though i hate that term) if your comparing it to the dub scene which is just a bunch of donks who slap 28s on boxes (granted i do appreciate the work that goes into that because you just cant lift it and slap wheels on).

there is a lot to fitment to pull it off. its something you either love or hate but i still feel that its something that any car guy should appreciate. whether its your style or not, as a fellow car enthusiast you should be able to appreciate the work.

i dont feel like this deserves anymore back and forth on this. we both have our opinions and we can agree to disagree. no need to clog this thread up
I agree tell him
Old 02-15-13, 02:25 PM
tbilisi79
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Evil looking.... But it looks like the back wheels are broken off...
Old 02-15-13, 02:31 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

The car is nice, but those visors have to go. atrocious looking. For the amount of money already put in, a nice set of JDM visors can't be that much of a set back
Old 02-15-13, 02:31 PM
wbmx1981
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

The car looks actrocious!
Old 02-16-13, 02:37 PM
vi3txdr34m
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
there you go, you said it best. obviously the stanced look is not for you. your a long way from the 60s and 70s hotrod/muscle car days. things change, things evolve.

funny you say you will admire the work when its done right. you obviously dont know how much work has gone into this car or else you would at least appreciate it even if it isnt your style.

EXACTLY

very well put
Old 02-17-13, 01:29 AM
Whitena
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 for jdm visors, other than that I think it looks evilly sick.
Old 02-18-13, 02:36 PM
Heng350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not active on the forum anymore but i love coming in time to time and seeing really unique decked out cars. ( not talking about flames on the car). makes me want to start modifying again.

to me the visor sticks out too much but the rest of the car is beautiful.
Old 02-18-13, 09:58 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by Heng350
Not active on the forum anymore but i love coming in time to time and seeing really unique decked out cars. ( not talking about flames on the car). makes me want to start modifying again.

to me the visor sticks out too much but the rest of the car is beautiful.

^^^ More pics of your GS, that thing looks sick
Old 02-19-13, 10:13 AM
Bavaria
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Why are all these cars so sick - flu season is about over.