GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

So long Gs450h....

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-13, 06:37 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts
Default So long Gs450h....

Traded it in today. Not super proud of what I have now. But... Its cheaper, AWD, has all the techno crap, and low miles.

The GSh had 92k on it. 45k in 2 years by me. I loved it... but couldn't trust it not to go into limp mode and leave me stranded. My biggest fear was it going limp on a Saturday night 100mi from home... which is every Saturday for me.

I got an ugly TL-SH. Thank god the inside is awesome. Since I live in my car.
Feel free to sling Acura hate mud, cause I feel it too.

Funny side. Lexus Financing... Lexus Platinum warranty... on a Acura.
Major snow today... AWD was nice.

Old 02-07-13, 06:39 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

And I'm not giving up my Lexus card yet. Looking for a project SC. Its one I miss dearly. I wish I never sold it. Plus the girlfriend is getting a RX450h this spring.

So I'll shop for a super clean 99' or 00' SC400
Old 02-07-13, 06:45 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

you don't sound too happy... sometimes it is what it is. congrats on your Acura. you'll have that SC soon enough.
Old 02-07-13, 06:48 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
you don't sound too happy... sometimes it is what it is. congrats on your Acura. you'll have that SC soon enough.
I'm not. The GSh was light years better looking than a TL. GSh was waaaaayy faster. Like I said... its only temporary. Not bad for something that is interim.
Old 02-07-13, 08:18 PM
c-low
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sad to see one go.. the GSh is pretty sick.
Old 02-07-13, 09:54 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by neurocity
Traded it in today. Not super proud of what I have now. But... Its cheaper, AWD, has all the techno crap, and low miles.

The GSh had 92k on it. 45k in 2 years by me. I loved it... but couldn't trust it not to go into limp mode and leave me stranded. My biggest fear was it going limp on a Saturday night 100mi from home... which is every Saturday for me.

I got an ugly TL-SH. Thank god the inside is awesome. Since I live in my car.
Feel free to sling Acura hate mud, cause I feel it too.

Funny side. Lexus Financing... Lexus Platinum warranty... on a Acura.
Major snow today... AWD was nice.

Ahh man tell me you aint sad. I miss mine, I'm surprised you picked an Acura though.
Old 02-07-13, 10:03 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^ I talked him into it I couldn't be the only trader in Chicago

seriously its a nice car and better suited for what the OP's driving habits are. It will be a great reliable car that you can actually work on compared to the GSh if anything should go wrong.
Old 02-08-13, 03:44 AM
Boron
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In what respect couldn't you trust the car?
It's not like it has a clue which day of the week it is - that's just your own paranoia.
Had you been experiencing trouble with the car on a (semi-)regular basis?
Old 02-08-13, 04:47 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Originally Posted by Boron
In what respect couldn't you trust the car?
It's not like it has a clue which day of the week it is - that's just your own paranoia.
Had you been experiencing trouble with the car on a (semi-)regular basis?
If I did know something was wrong with the HSD. I probably wouldn't post it online for all to see...

I only ever keep cars for 2-3 years. Every time I go up. Up in car and up in price. This time I went down on both. There is a hidden agenda behind this trade.

I'm going to buy a new house. debt to income need to be a low as possible.
Old 02-08-13, 09:56 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
^ I talked him into it I couldn't be the only trader in Chicago

seriously its a nice car and better suited for what the OP's driving habits are. It will be a great reliable car that you can actually work on compared to the GSh if anything should go wrong.
Oh, yeah the car is great and I think the battery will last a while, as I think Lexus built a solid Hybrid system. Well hope he tries to enjoy it.
Old 02-08-13, 11:08 AM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If I did know something was wrong with the HSD. I probably wouldn't post it online for all to see...

I only ever keep cars for 2-3 years. Every time I go up. Up in car and up in price. This time I went down on both. There is a hidden agenda behind this trade.

I'm going to buy a new house. debt to income need to be a low as possible.
Smart choice by prioritizing. The TL is not a bad car. In this economy few people can actually afford it. It could of been worst, at-least you not driving a hyundai Accent. Now that's a downgrade.
Old 02-08-13, 11:48 AM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i drove my bro-in-laws TL SH-AWD on ski trip (4-5hr drive), man the car felt hard and bumpy. I also heard lot of road noise in the wheel well with small debris bouncing around. It didn’t sound like it was well insulated like the Lexus. it does have loads of tech, but missing a very basic automatic telescoping steering wheels.
Old 02-08-13, 12:06 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Originally Posted by TriniGS
Smart choice by prioritizing. The TL is not a bad car. In this economy few people can actually afford it. It could of been worst, at-least you not driving a hyundai Accent. Now that's a downgrade.
Its not about being able to afford it. Its about being able to buy more. Thanks to all the foreclosures and whatnot... banks are really up your butt when it comes to getting a new mortgage. Not to mention... I can work on this thing no problem.
The resale value sucks on the GSh. Wonder what I would have gotten on trade next year with another 30k on it.

Originally Posted by KILLERGS4
i drove my bro-in-laws TL SH-AWD on ski trip (4-5hr drive), man the car felt hard and bumpy. I also heard lot of road noise in the wheel well with small debris bouncing around. It didn’t sound like it was well insulated like the Lexus. it does have loads of tech, but missing a very basic automatic telescoping steering wheels.
Yup, one of the many things I'll just have to gets use to. A golf cart is noisy compared to the GSh. I can live with all of it.
Old 02-08-13, 12:14 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

oh no! you finally got out of the gs and switched! any pictures of the outside. i find the new TL's to be hidious in terms of the new designs (might have heard people mention the ugly infamous grill)

the interior on the other hand looks amazing though and that's what's important for you driving 45k in ~23k miles every year!
Old 02-08-13, 12:37 PM
m32
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on the switch. I actually just sold mine today as well. I'm going to miss the comfortable and quiet ride.

Going from leather seats and soft ride to cloth seats and bumpy ride.

Edwin

Quick Reply: So long Gs450h....