GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

So should I trade my GS for a ... Venza?

Old 01-15-13, 05:27 PM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default So should I trade my GS for a ... Venza?

Make a long story short, bottom line is I really like driving my car but I hate having to put anything but myself in it.

I now have one kid, perhaps soon to have two. I regularly enjoy going to the home improvement warehouse where I see all sorts of stuff and materials that I might like to bring home but can't. The trunk is not only small, it is shaped in probably the most frustrating way possible.

I don't love everything about the Venza, I don't care for how it looks at the front much... I don't care for the fact that even the best equipped model lacks some stuff I've grown accustomed to.

I don't want a van, I don't want an SUV... I want a big car with a hatch and even though sometimes I wonder about Toyota these days it's still a Toyota and at the end of the day I still trust them over the other guys just a bit more.

So I can probably get myself into a slightly lower mileage 3+ year newer V6 AWD venza for a little bit more on top of what the GS is worth. I just don't know if I can go through with it.
Old 01-15-13, 05:43 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

What I do whenever I want to move anything big. I have a small 5x8 utility trailer and I have a hitch hooked to my GS. I just tow with it light things.
Old 01-15-13, 06:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

when we had our first child, we knew the gs was for sure going. when we had our second kid, we got suv. if that's the path you going down, trade it
Old 01-15-13, 06:51 PM
benztolex
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

4Runner no? If noti say go for it. I've only had my GS for month but be for this I had a Merceds E350. I can understand your concerns about going to Lowes etc. No room for anything. I say go for it. Or spend 2k on a used pick up.
Old 01-15-13, 07:26 PM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
Make a long story short, bottom line is I really like driving my car but I hate having to put anything but myself in it.

I now have one kid, perhaps soon to have two. I regularly enjoy going to the home improvement warehouse where I see all sorts of stuff and materials that I might like to bring home but can't. The trunk is not only small, it is shaped in probably the most frustrating way possible.

I don't love everything about the Venza, I don't care for how it looks at the front much... I don't care for the fact that even the best equipped model lacks some stuff I've grown accustomed to.

I don't want a van, I don't want an SUV... I want a big car with a hatch and even though sometimes I wonder about Toyota these days it's still a Toyota and at the end of the day I still trust them over the other guys just a bit more.

So I can probably get myself into a slightly lower mileage 3+ year newer V6 AWD venza for a little bit more on top of what the GS is worth. I just don't know if I can go through with it.
To be honest the Venza isn't a bad crossover it looks alright and the interior isn't that bad as well. I will say that if you feel like you would be happy in it everyday that yeah trade, but if its something you think you will regret I would do some more searching on something you would like vs getting into something you will hate. Good luck whatever you choose.
Old 01-15-13, 08:34 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Venza is nice.. I understand about the space...

Vans can be cool too though

Old 01-15-13, 08:54 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

how about an RX?
Old 01-15-13, 10:56 PM
gojeezy123
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I vote RX F-Sport!!!
Old 01-16-13, 02:09 AM
MiGGy1186
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mike@vossen
the venza is nice.. I understand about the space...

now that's one sick Sienna!!!!!!!!

I would personally wouldn't change the gs for a venza but sometimes you have to do what you have do.

Last edited by MiGGy1186; 01-16-13 at 03:56 AM.
Old 01-16-13, 03:49 AM
AudioBob
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^. I think that is a Sienna mini van.
Old 01-16-13, 05:23 AM
jamodeo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I would get an RX, if I ever have kids, or have a need for a smaller SUV I would absolutely get another RX.

-Joe
Old 01-16-13, 06:53 AM
C-SupraTT
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never understood why they put wider wheels on the back of a front-wheel drive car.

Originally Posted by Mike@Vossen
The Venza is nice.. I understand about the space...

Old 01-16-13, 08:18 AM
tbilisi79
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

We just had a little one 2 month ago and she is doing fine in the back of our 430. In fact we bought the car knowing we will have a kid soon.
Both me and my wife made a pact that we would never own a minivan. We both dislike SUVs . But if ever we think of one , its either a range rover or a x5 . I just don't see it any other way.

I suggest you get a cheap pick up , I think it will solve your problems with Home Depot and all.

Good luck
Old 01-16-13, 08:33 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

If you buy an old truck then you have to factor storing, maintenance, taxes, and insurance.

If you buy a folding trailer, and a hitch all you have to do is unfold the trailer and mount it on the car.

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buel...tml?1285618083
Old 01-16-13, 07:50 PM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I really don't see any big draw towards an RX vs the Venza in fact I kind of like the way the Venza looks much more than the RX and the RX interior isn't even that much nicer either. Never mind that the RX is more expensive I just don't see the RX as a real luxury alternative - I don't see the value.

Seems like the 2013 Venza got cool stuff like LED headlights, but I don't think I'll ever buy a new car so maybe I'll hang on to the GS for a couple more years at least until I can get a good used 2013+ Venza on discount when they redesign it. Of course, then you have the problem of perhaps liking the redesign a hell of a lot more but the way Toyota is going I somehow doubt that.

I can just see it now, 2015 Venza now with direct injection! NO THANKS.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So should I trade my GS for a ... Venza?