GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

So should I trade my GS for a ... Venza?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-13, 08:14 PM
energie8
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Venzas are not bad cars, drove one from here to NYC round trip and it was pretty good (and it wasn't even the top model either). Quite comfortable and the styling is nice. But I still miss my baby when I got home lol.
Old 01-17-13, 06:24 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tbilisi79
We just had a little one 2 month ago and she is doing fine in the back of our 430. In fact we bought the car knowing we will have a kid soon.
Both me and my wife made a pact that we would never own a minivan. We both dislike SUVs . But if ever we think of one , its either a range rover or a x5 . I just don't see it any other way.

I suggest you get a cheap pick up , I think it will solve your problems with Home Depot and all.

Good luck

Just wait The GS "can" work with one but with two kids forget it. The trunk and lack of cabin space it just doesn't cut it safely.

Both my wife and I said the same thing. We dont care for the SUV/Mini Van thing. I picked up a Q7 to prevent the whole mini van thing with twins on the way making it 4 kids. I think the Audi lasted ~ 2 mos after the twins if that for a mini van. I can't stand the mini van or how it drives but it helps in every way possible with the family. I can not wait until the kids are slightly bigger with hopes that we can toss the mini van and move back to an SUV. Problem with most SUV is that when a car seat is in position your not able to access the third row in our case. Having 2 or less an SUV can/will work but one thing our mini van offers is it sits much lower so its much easier to place the kids in seats and/or step into. Auto slide doors when holding kids, bags, ect...With the SUV its a big reach and when the kids are a bit heavier its not an easy task. I must say its been a blessing as much as I wish I could say it hasn't been and I spend NO money on mods
Old 01-17-13, 07:53 AM
slowdiver
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
Just wait The GS "can" work with one but with two kids forget it. The trunk and lack of cabin space it just doesn't cut it safely.

Both my wife and I said the same thing. We dont care for the SUV/Mini Van thing. I picked up a Q7 to prevent the whole mini van thing with twins on the way making it 4 kids. I think the Audi lasted ~ 2 mos after the twins if that for a mini van. I can't stand the mini van or how it drives but it helps in every way possible with the family. I can not wait until the kids are slightly bigger with hopes that we can toss the mini van and move back to an SUV. Problem with most SUV is that when a car seat is in position your not able to access the third row in our case. Having 2 or less an SUV can/will work but one thing our mini van offers is it sits much lower so its much easier to place the kids in seats and/or step into. Auto slide doors when holding kids, bags, ect...With the SUV its a big reach and when the kids are a bit heavier its not an easy task. I must say its been a blessing as much as I wish I could say it hasn't been and I spend NO money on mods
My wife is due with our 2nd little one in a month. You make a lot of good points regarding the pros of a mini van and my wife is lobbying for a mini van for all of the same reasons you have mentioned. Our friends that have mini vans mention all of these same benefits regarding the kids as well. However, I just can't do it. Even with all of the pros of a mini van, the thought of permanently driving a mini van around for a few years makes me cringe.

We are going "mini van" shopping today and I've got a LX470 and 570 lined up along the way. I will be selfishly lobbying hard for the SUV. Plus, I'm the one that's writing the check.
Old 01-17-13, 08:58 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by slowdiver
My wife is due with our 2nd little one in a month. You make a lot of good points regarding the pros of a mini van and my wife is lobbying for a mini van for all of the same reasons you have mentioned. Our friends that have mini vans mention all of these same benefits regarding the kids as well. However, I just can't do it. Even with all of the pros of a mini van, the thought of permanently driving a mini van around for a few years makes me cringe.

We are going "mini van" shopping today and I've got a LX470 and 570 lined up along the way. I will be selfishly lobbying hard for the SUV. Plus, I'm the one that's writing the check.
Mini van = may aswell slam your ***** on your wifes door, you wont need them anymore
Old 01-17-13, 09:33 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

lmao its not that bad after you have it you will appreciate it more. Trust me the wife hates it and I actually had to talk her into it. There was NO way she was going to handle 4 kids alone getting up into the Audi or any SUV for that matter. If it makes her life easier then just get it and be done and once the kids are a little bigger/more self sufficient trade it as fast as you can Just go run some errands and come back in a new car
Old 01-17-13, 10:00 AM
Simmsled
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My wife and I are expecting our first and second any day now. (twins)

I've been under the impression that the GS would be a fine family car. How does it work with 1 kid, but not two?
Old 01-17-13, 10:24 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

lmao its not that bad after you have it you will appreciate it more. Trust me the wife hates it and I actually had to talk her into it. There was NO way she was going to handle 4 kids alone getting up into the Audi or any SUV for that matter. If it makes her life easier then just get it and be done and once the kids are a little bigger/more self sufficient trade it as fast as you can Just go run some errands and come back in a new car
the master has spoken all great posts, mike!

gs with 1 kid is ok. we dealt with that for a few months, only had to curse about the trunk. but with 2, no way it's an option anymore. and mike is right, more than 2 kids and suv isn't a good option at all either because of 3rd row. thank god we stopped at 2
Old 01-17-13, 12:35 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^ you wimp

Guess the only way to see is to experience as Henry and I have. I traded in an IS350 for my GS for more space and it wasn't enough so at this time I got the wife an SUV and that was ok with 2 kids and our needs then. Then with the addition of twins say good bye SUV. The mini van I can walk (remove middle seat) to the back to strap in the older kids. To be honest I can't think of anything its missing to make our life any easier when we have the entire family out.
Old 01-17-13, 02:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

^ you wimp

Guess the only way to see is to experience as Henry and I have. I traded in an IS350 for my GS for more space and it wasn't enough so at this time I got the wife an SUV and that was ok with 2 kids and our needs then. Then with the addition of twins say good bye SUV. The mini van I can walk (remove middle seat) to the back to strap in the older kids. To be honest I can't think of anything its missing to make our life any easier when we have the entire family out.
hahaha yeah, we are the masters seriously, i don't think anyone can beat the convenience factor of minivan, it's just so damn spacious and easy to go around. it wins hands down, no suv can come close. how it looks and how it drives that's another story.

for 2 kids i think a lot of cars are doable. more than that, mike, you are brave

we went from m3 coupe (no kid to 1 kid) to gs (1 kid) to s class (1 kid) to suv (2 kids). it needs to stop
Old 01-17-13, 05:53 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

I would jump on a Suburban or a Tahoe before I would drive a mini van
Old 01-17-13, 06:29 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by ibidu1
I would jump on a Suburban or a Tahoe before I would drive a mini van

+1 on that, although the gas mileage would suck I would rather that before a mini-van no offense.
Old 01-17-13, 06:32 PM
slowdiver
Lead Lap

Yes my friends.....I'm in the LX570 club!!!

'10 fully loaded....oh yes....Levinson DVDs.

FYI......I'm drunk celebrating at Yardhouse right now!!!

The wifey is very happy!!
Old 01-17-13, 06:33 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bigblack06
+1 on that, although the gas mileage would suck I would rather that before a mini-van no offense.
If you get a 2wd 5.3L there not that bad *** bad on gas. But reliability wise the 5.3 out performs most minivans.

Ive owned 2 and I have no kids
Old 01-17-13, 06:34 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Yes my friends.....I'm in the LX570 club!!!

'10 fully loaded....oh yes....Levinson DVDs.

FYI......I'm drunk celebrating at Yardhouse right now!!!

The wifey is very happy!!
Now LX is a differently animal, thats baller status Congrats!
Old 01-17-13, 06:38 PM
slowdiver
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ibidu1
Mini van = may aswell slam your ***** on your wifes door, you wont need them anymore
***** are still attached.....YES!!!

Quick Reply: So should I trade my GS for a ... Venza?