GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Official 3rd gen GS air ride thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-13, 10:10 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
The bag club….. can people like me join?
mike we are always taking apps lol I think you would be more than welcome in the bag life club
Old 11-05-13, 10:14 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by swtjlsy
mike we are always taking apps lol I think you would be more than welcome in the bag life club
Hahahahaha

Some great rides in this thread.. Inspiring!
Old 03-02-14, 09:38 AM
goober8
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey CL folks,

Just sharing my ride again. Wheels have gone on the car. Concavo CW-12's.

Old 03-02-14, 11:53 AM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, some amazing looking rides in this thread! Someday I'll have to invest in air ride for my GS3... Here's a picture of my last air ride vehicle... I know it's not a GS, but the ride was damn good on long runs!! I don't recommend this vehicle as a daily driver though (120K a year to fuel this puppy)!! LMAO...

I wish I had a picture of it slammed, it's fully aired up here, but when it was empty, the bumper was almost on the ground, it looked sick!! I miss this one!!

Official 3rd gen GS air ride thread-picture-191.jpg

Official 3rd gen GS air ride thread-picture-192.jpg

Official 3rd gen GS air ride thread-picture-193.jpg

Official 3rd gen GS air ride thread-picture-195-copy.jpg
Old 03-02-14, 06:37 PM
c-low
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Goober8 where did you get those side markers been trying to get them from carson for about a year already.
BTW heres my GS still in progress

Last edited by c-low; 03-02-14 at 06:56 PM.
Old 03-02-14, 07:42 PM
goober8
Driver School Candidate

Kuleaz - Wow! Awesome pics. Do all big trucks run Air Suspensions? I do remember hearing the "PSSSTTTT" sounds whenever they stop.

C-Low - Those side markers are a standard issue in Australia. I'm located in Australia now though. And those side markers, if you look carefully are the same as the Toyota Camry here.

Link below shows what the side marker look like.
http://www.allpartsbarn.com.au/images/T/TSG-21050RL.JPG
Old 03-02-14, 07:53 PM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Originally Posted by goober8
Kuleaz - Wow! Awesome pics. Do all big trucks run Air Suspensions? I do remember hearing the "PSSSTTTT" sounds whenever they stop.

C-Low - Those side markers are a standard issue in Australia. I'm located in Australia now though. And those side markers, if you look carefully are the same as the Toyota Camry here.

Link below shows what the side marker look like.
http://www.allpartsbarn.com.au/images/T/TSG-21050RL.JPG
Yes, most of the trucks today have air ride. You can still find trucks that don't, but those are mostly day cabs (meaning they don't do over the road - long trips). The Pssst you hear is from the brakes, trucks have to use air brakes because of the heavy loads they carry!! The tanks have a pressure regulator, because the compressors are always running, the regulator opens up and allows air to escape so the tank doesn't overfill.

The down side is, if you're in the mountains with a big truck! If you every drive through high altitude areas, you'll see run offs on the side of the road, usually made of sand or loose gravel, this is in case a truck loses it's brakes. They can take these run offs and it will slow the truck slowly. I'd hate to be loaded (80,000 lbs) and not able to stop!! - thankfully I've never experienced this..
Old 03-02-14, 07:55 PM
SLOW4DR
Pole Position

Must..stop..looking...
Old 03-03-14, 01:07 AM
goober8
Driver School Candidate

Kuleaze - Time to air bag ur 3GS *hint* *hint*.

To all the Air Gurus here - I have this issue with my setup. I don't lose air in the airbags/struts. The car has been idle for weeks without losing any air. However I do lose air from my Tank. Each morning, when i start my 3GS up, the compressor will start to pump air to fill up the Tank again. As though overnight, the tank loses compression on it's own. My question. Is this a normal occurrence or am i losing air through the lines from the Tank to the Bagstrusts?

Appreciate your responses. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-03-14, 04:55 AM
SLOW4DR
Pole Position

Park your car aired up at night and take measurements. See where it is the next morning. Should give you a slight indication where it's coming from.
Old 03-03-14, 08:50 AM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Originally Posted by goober8
Kuleaze - Time to air bag ur 3GS *hint* *hint*.

To all the Air Gurus here - I have this issue with my setup. I don't lose air in the airbags/struts. The car has been idle for weeks without losing any air. However I do lose air from my Tank. Each morning, when i start my 3GS up, the compressor will start to pump air to fill up the Tank again. As though overnight, the tank loses compression on it's own. My question. Is this a normal occurrence or am i losing air through the lines from the Tank to the Bagstrusts?

Appreciate your responses. Thanks in advance.
goober8, trust me, if I had spare cash laying around, I'd have air installed already!! This is going to take me a while. Three kids in just about ever after school activity eats up a lot of cash...On top of my own selfish habits, I'm gonna have to put a savings plan together.. LOL
Old 03-08-14, 05:43 AM
felo2081
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Official 3rd gen GS air ride thread-image-2322806493.jpg

Official 3rd gen GS air ride thread-image-1726026459.jpg

Official 3rd gen GS air ride thread-image-758756676.jpg

A few iPhone pics!
Old 03-08-14, 08:29 AM
SoCal_450h
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal_450h
Here's mine..... UAS, TIEN CST and e-Level. Pictures taken by Modular VIP

Some update....
Old 03-08-14, 09:27 AM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SoCal_450h
Some update....
Woah!!! Can you post more pictures of the front bumper? I just saw another GS with that same rear bumper, but the guy hasn't responded to my question (not on CL - saw it on YouTube). I'm betting you have the same front bumper as him too, where did you get this body kit??
Old 03-08-14, 11:06 AM
SoCal_450h
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuleaze
Woah!!! Can you post more pictures of the front bumper? I just saw another GS with that same rear bumper, but the guy hasn't responded to my question (not on CL - saw it on YouTube). I'm betting you have the same front bumper as him too, where did you get this body kit??
Here you go....

I got it from Platinum VIP

Quick Reply: Official 3rd gen GS air ride thread